News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

US Election

Started by Dave_McEwan_Hill, November 03, 2008, 09:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave_McEwan_Hill

I had hoped we might get Jack on the site again giving us the info on what is going on in the US elections.
It looks like Obama for president but it has been pretty disgusting watching large sections of the Republican party playing the race card.
God save the world if McCain and Palin win.

I liked one report. When a Democrat spokesman was asked to explain why folks should vote for someone (Obama) who lacked experiece he replied  "So you think they should vote for someone who was stupid enough to get himself captured four times when he was in the military"
maigemu

HUSNAA

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on November 03, 2008, 09:10:07 PM
I had hoped we might get Jack on the site again giving us the info on what is going on in the US elections.
It looks like Obama for president but it has been pretty disgusting watching large sections of the Republican party playing the race card.

I liked one report. When a Democrat spokesman was asked to explain why folks should vote for someone (Obama) who lacked experiece he replied  "So you think they should vote for someone who was stupid enough to get himself captured four times when he was in the military"

Hahaha! That's indeed a fresh perspective! all you hear is war hero war hero war hero, even being captured had some romanticism to it, but FOUR times capture is a bit too much for one to be considered intrepid.... stupid is more like it.. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yes where is Jack? But its not a wonder. I think he has been snagged by the credit crunch also. Remember he is an economist...he's probably in deep with Lehman Brothers and that's why he darent make an appearance!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I kind of look at Sarah Palin and I see a giggly scatterbrained school girl.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

I like and respect your sense of humour, Dave.  ;D And auntie Husnaa's too. ;D
Wish Jack was also around to add more on the issue.

Yesderday on BBC, I heard one very good analyses on which party, either Democrat or Republic has brought, in history and today, massive development and growth in US economy by one New Jersey University Professor. Although he said he hasn't voted for more than 20 yrs and he'll not do so this year again, yet he thinks and believes Obama would be a better choice for America and Americans, for in conducting his research, what he comes up with is Democrat has had done much better than its counterpart.

I wish I had enough knowledge on that, I would have said more.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

The chances of Obama winning the presidency are very good. Disgruntled Republicans are voting for him.

gogannaka

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on November 05, 2008, 04:01:47 AM
Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on November 03, 2008, 09:10:07 PM

Amen!
Did anyone hear the prank call Palin recieved?
GOD!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbEwKcs-7Hc

Yes! Thats why I thought she was rather scatterbrained.
OBAMA just became president elect. At the present moment (12:56 AM US time) he has 338 college electoral votes versus mccain's 155. One needs 270 to be declared president of the US irrespective of having the majority of the popular vote. So it could be said that Obama won with a landslide victory over McCain.
Allah Ya Taya shi riko what ever happens

On a lighter note does anyone think that '24' had anything to do with sensitizing the sensibilities of Americans to a black president? ;D ;D ;D ;D Remember the first episodes of 24 featured the president as a black man.
President Bush did his bit to sensitize by being a badass president and most of all by putting out condi rice as his front man all over the world.
I hear some ppl asking 'how's that?'
I'm thinking about it also! ;D ;D ;D ;D

HUSNAA

YES  WE CAN!!!!

The new byline

gogannaka

Bush is the worst president America has ever got.
Poor McCain found it very difficult to dissociate himself from Bush.It's the bush factor that caused him the election.

Many people actually believe that 24 helped Obama,infact Hollywood helped him in reality

Dan-Borno

congratulations to kline members that supports
the ambition of Barack Obama especially Husnaa
and King who have stood strong and argued
constructively.

we are waiting for the CHANGE he has been
advocating for.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Hurray! Obama makes history as the first black African-American
to lead that world greatest country of our time. Up Blacks! Cheers!

Mc Cain's inability to make it to White House is necessarily attributable to his tie with Bush. Americans and world populace in general think and even believe (that) he would just carry-on from where Bush is finishing, e.g his foriegn policy and host more. I feel sorry, really sorry for him. He appeared looking frail and pity when confessing and accepting his defeat by Obama.

Allah ya taya Obama riko, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

amira

Woohoooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

BARACK OBAMA 1st BLACK PRESIDENT OF U.S.A
This definately changes the course of HISTORY

Rosa Parks sat down so Martin L King could walk....
Martin walked so Obama could run....
Obama is running so our children can fly!!!!

YES WE CAN!!!!!!!!
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

MySeLf

Obama's winning is uplifting for the black race, but will it make any difference
to d conflicted world? I really doubt, I don't think his foreign policies will be any
different from that of those b4 him, but only time will tell, we shall be watching Mr
president...!
!!!........................I STAND 4 ISLAM..........................!!!

Mufi

Barack Obama's winning the election is just the beginning for black ppl all around the world.
I don't really get into the debate about politics, but I can honestly tell you that this election was an exception for me.

This man (Obama) is one of a kind individual who has endured so much in his lifetime as a bi-racial boy growing up in kansas with a white woman as his mother and an african from kenya as his father.
He has the zeal and the belief that we as a ppl can come together and  make a difference, no matter what ur stands is.

I think we should pray and keep a positive attitude towards his administration, because I can honestly tell you On Nov. 4th as i stepped out of my house to go and vote with my two daughters (as they'r excited about the whole election as well) you can feel it in the air that something amazing was unfolding and history was about to be made.

I believe Obama's winning the election is going to be for the betterment of all in the world, b'cos the present admins. has excluded all in the world in terms of their stand on foreign policies and look at what the outcome has been...
Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

frolicz

Barack Obama is one of the incredible people because he is the first black president in the America. That's so amazing. Hope he can handle America as better than other presidents. I believe Obama can do everything possible.

gogannaka

If USA was Nigeria , today's papers Headlines would read something like:

·         Don't celebrate yet, McCain tells Obama (TELL magazine)

·         Concede defeat, Obama urges McCain (Punch newspaper)

·         20 opposition cadres riot (The Sun newspaper)

·         McCain Demands Vote Recount (Vanguard newspaper)

·         Elections rigged (Gu ardian newspaper) 

·         No evidence of manipulation (NTA news)

·         The Church declares elections free and fair (News Line)

·         There will be violence if we lose; McCain declares (LTV 8 news)

·         Election results for Arizona awaited (Channels news)

·         Trucks with suspected ballot papers crosses into USA from Mexico (Tribune newspaper)

·         McCain is an opportunist - Go back to your farm (AIT news)

·         I will not accept results, McCain tells Obama (STV news)