News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

A White NIGERIAN PRESIDENT !!

Started by Dante, November 07, 2008, 04:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante

Sounds somehow new, maybe thought for the first time!

With barack obama being the first black american presido, within his first few hours as the new elected president, americas worst enemy (russia) came to congractulate him.

Thinking about this, i just woke up this morning asking myself (what if nigeria was to elect a white president)?

Will he do this & that good for the people? Am sure he will make nigeria a better hygienic place to live!

Well, i just want some other peoples view in regards to this!!

gogannaka

LOL,
It depends on the type of 'white'
Lebanese president----no way

But generally we can vote for a white president. Infact we need a white president because it seems like Nigeria was better during the colonial period...
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on November 07, 2008, 08:01:42 PM
LOL,
It depends on the type of 'white'
Lebanese president----no way

But generally we can vote for a white president. Infact we need a white president because it seems like Nigeria was better during the colonial period...

Kai jama'a think on it. The circumstances da suka sa aka nada Obama are completely different. It will be a red herring the day Nigerians suka nada a white man as president. I cant imagine it, well not in my life time I dont think.
As GGNK said it depends on the white man as well. I can very well see 'yan lebanese dinnan suna mana shisshigi a politics. Dont be surprised in the near future if one of these lebanese  comes out to want to get elected into House of reps or senate, especially wa 'yanda suka dade a kano. One of the reasons for their lack of concern at the moment is their attitude. Kansu kurum suke gina wa a Nigeria. Kuma abinda yasa basu nema ba is becos they know pretty well ba wanda zai zabe su, tunda they have never bothered to mingle with the talakawas, or do anything philanthropic. Otherwise yadda politics din nigeria take ta mai rabo kasamu, a ci kudin gwamnati a bulus a a kwana lafiya, ai kasan za su rika hangen how to get a dip into the free national cake....
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

LOL ;D ;D ;D Funny stuff, Dante.

Wish I could say much but...

Husnaa, don't say a thing. LOL ;D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Husnaa ai a lebanese contested for the house of representatives in the last election.
He contested for the birnin-kudu federal constituency in Jigawa state. He is from the Hajaig family and people actually liked him cos yana da kyauta sosai sosai. He said he was born in Jigawa state.
Luck ran out on him because of the politics of Jigawa. An ce obasanjo har ya ba shi go ahead,kawai dai pressure din PDP ne.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dave_McEwan_Hill

I'm putting myself forward. I'd like one of those big big motors.
maigemu

Dave_McEwan_Hill

Seriously though, if anybody has Nigerian citizenship they are entitled to seek election to any position. Apart from Lebanese there were a few Europeans who had taken Nigerian citizenship when I was in Kano. I remember lawyer Ken Gray in Kano, Jack Peace in Zaria and the Staleys in Jos. These were English people who had decided to remain in Nigeria.

In a perfect world your colour doesn't matter.
maigemu

IBB

LOL @ Dave, you want to be first white president after colonialism? But you are too old for us send your son i will contest with him LOL
IHS

Muhsin

LOL @ you IBB and Dave. ;D

I am personally against the idea of white man as president of Nigeria or any African country, for he will just continue with his for-fathers' unfinished work of bastardizing and impoverishing us. Isn't it true? LOL ;D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dave_McEwan_Hill

IBB
Better I send my grand-daughter. She's very clever and she's half Nigerian.

Mushin
I don't think you need a whiteman's help to impoverish Nigeria if the reports I read about Nigeria are accurate.
The fact is  -Black man, white man brown man green man the power in a nation is in its people and what they are prepared to put up with.
maigemu

bakangizo

A white president? No problem. Dama ai karambani yasa muka kore su. Da suna nan da ko ba komai da muna da ruwan sha, tituna masu kyau, wutan lantarki, kuma da sun kori sauro ;D Na san baza su yadda su zauna a cikin kangin da kasar mu take ciki ba.

Muhsin

Quote from: Dave_McEwan_Hill on November 12, 2008, 12:43:10 PM
Mushin
I don't think you need a whiteman's help to impoverish Nigeria if the reports I read about Nigeria are accurate. The fact is  -Black man, white man brown man green man the power in a nation is in its people and what they are prepared to put up with.

I don't get that very well, Dave. What that report says?

Dave_McEwan_Hill

I mean that in any democracy the people have the power to decide whether rules,regulations and governance is to their satisafaction and do something about it if it is not. In that case the colour of any country's leaders is less important than their policies.
A lot has gone wrong in Nigeria over the years.
A lot of this has happened with the enthusiatic connivance of some Nigerians with some non Nigerian elements who have together exploited Nigeria.
It is not always the stranger who is your biggest enemy.
maigemu

Muhsin

Nuruddeen

Quote from: Dante on November 07, 2008, 04:51:16 PM
Sounds somehow new, maybe thought for the first time!

With barack obama being the first black american presido, within his first few hours as the new elected president, americas worst enemy (russia) came to congractulate him.

Thinking about this, i just woke up this morning asking myself (what if nigeria was to elect a white president)?

Will he do this & that good for the people? Am sure he will make nigeria a better hygienic place to live!

Well, i just want some other peoples view in regards to this!!

Yeah! This is what we should start advocating Dante. There is no problem for Nigerians to elect a white to lead. I think this is one thing that we should pursue vigorously since all these charades cannot turn our country a new leaf. I support it 100%. Obama is really a lesson for people of understanding.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).