News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

What is the position of masturbation in Islam

Started by Anonymous, September 12, 2003, 12:53:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Salamu Alaikum Brothers and Sisters

I know that this is a kinda "wierd" question but this is the only place I have contact with that can help me.

I have a question that I really need someone knowlwdgable in Islam to Answer for me so that I know my situation. Someone told me that what was said on Masturbation is that "you shouldn't do it but its better to do it than do the actual thing" if you are not married.

My question is what is Islam's stance about it knowing that its very Healthy even the Prophet talked about something like this.

Hope to get my doubts cleared.

Salam

Anonymous

Salamu Alaikum once again?

How come you all talk about stuff and you cannot talk about something that is so related to a lot of us.

Please Help me I need it.

Saurayi

I believe this is a very controversial topic. I am not really well learned enough to tell you the actual position of Islam over the act. Base on some nasiha I heard about it I will try and advise.
Malam Isa Waziri once said it is haram. Anybody that engages on the act according to him will go to hell.
I also heard another opinion (I can't remember the Preacher) that Islamically there is nothing wrong with it if it is not made a habit. That is if someone is not married,rather than engaging in fornication one can engage on the act to satisfy his/her sexual needs(according to the preacher). Allah knows best.
Leave what you are in doubt to what you are not in doubt. That is my own advise to you.
aurayi.

al_hamza

ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

gogannaka

Salaam,.........The majority of the scholars believe that masturbation is Haraam..However, Imam Ahmad hanbal thinks it is not HAram but one shouldnt make it a habit...his opinion is based on the fact that if blood letting is not prohibited then masturbation should not be prohibited........Actually there is no clear cut hadith or ayah that prohibits masturbation,only schorlarly Fatwas......

But healthwise masturbation as the medical practitioners say reduces the sexual appetite and causes weak erection,low sperm count and lots of other disorders.....

Maganin abun kawai ayi aure...........

[/color]
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Ibro2g

Assalamu Alaikum
This is quite a controvercial issue, as many scholars cant make a decision on this and some blindly either negkect it or assume it Harram simply for being a bad habbit.
   There are so many things our scholars are either shy or scared to talk about, one of which is Masturbation, that probably might explain the long silence of k-onliners. Another is age of maturity, some aspects in marriage, and God the forgiver and forgiving,"not only the forgiver".
   Some few scholars described Masturbation as furnication, therfore Illegal, but yet as muslims we espects Hadith or Quranic quotations, but no!. Another few Scholars have labelled it as a bad Habit, but not unlawful, more rather like divorce, which is the least lawful deed Allah hates to permit. Yet lawful.
   I quote from an article I read sometime back and kept some part of it for such rare rare occasions.
QuoteDear Readers,

This is an embarrassing topic for most people and understandably so.

But we must discuss it because Muslim kids are practising it - there's simply no denying that they are. Kids will explore their bodies and often masturbation is practised involuntarily.

These Muslims kids will also be looking for answers on whether it's halal or haram. We cannot bury their questions by ignoring the topic. Ignorance is harmful. If a Muslim guide is not there to answer questions, kids go to the wrong sources for knowledge.
Masturbation I - Haram

E-mail 1 from Ali Aman:

The Prophet said: Among those whom Allah will not look at on the Day of Resurrection, and to whom He will say, "Enter the Fire along with those who enter," the Prophet (pbuh) counted the following: The active and the passive partners in homosexuality; the one who has sex with animals; the one who is married to a woman and her daughter at the same time; and the one who masturbates regularly, unless they repent and reform.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-mail 2 from Ali Aman:
If masturbation was permitted wouldn't the prophet have said it was ok to do while we fast instead of having sex.

Touching the sexual organ without any "barrier" between the hand and the organ: Busrah bint Safwan narrated that the Prophet, upon whom be peace, said, "Whoever touches his sexual organ cannot pray until he performs ablution."

This hadith is related by "the five." At-Tirmidhi classified it as sahih and al-Bukhari called it the most authentic report on that topic. Malik, ash-Shaifi, Ahmad and others also narrated it. Abu Dawud said, "I asked Ahmad, 'Is the hadith of Busrah authentic?' He said, 'Certainly it is authentic." In the narration of Ahmad and an-Nasa'i, Busrah heard the Prophet saying, "Ablution is to be made by the one who touches his sexual organ." This is general and encompasses touching one's own sexual organs or touching somebody else's. Abu Hurairah reported the Prophet as saying, "Whoever touches his sexual organ without any covering (between them) must perform ablution." (Related by Ahmad, Ibn Hibban and al-Hakim, who classified it as sahih, as did Ibn 'Abdul-Barr.)

23:5. Who abstain from sex,
23:6. Except with those joined to them in the marriage bond, or (the captives) whom their right hands possess,- for (in their case) they are free from blame,

23:7. But those whose desires exceed those limits are transgressors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

E-mail 3 from Ali Aman:

Masturbation (for both men and women) is haraam (forbidden) in Islam based on the following evidence:

First from the Qur?aan:

Imam Shafi?i stated that masturbation is forbidden based on the following verses from the Qur?aan (interpretation of the meaning):

"And those who guard their chastity (i.e. private parts, from illegal sexual acts). Except from their wives or (the captives and slaves) that their right hands possess, - for them, they are free from blame. But whoever seeks beyond that, then those are the transgressors." 23.5-7 Here the verses are clear in forbidding all illegal sexual acts (including masturbation) except for the wives or that their right hand possess. And whoever seeks beyond that is the transgressor.

"And let those who find not the financial means for marriage keep themselves chaste, until Allah enriches them of His bounty." 24.33. This verse also clearly orders whoever does not have the financial means to marry to keep himself chaste and be patient in facing temptations (including masturbation) until Allah enriches them of His bounty.

Secondly, from the sunnah of the Prophet  (peace be upon him):  

Abdullaah ibn Mas?ood said, "We were with the Prophet while we were young and had no wealth whatsoever. So Allaah?s Messenger said, "O young people! Whoever among you can marry, should marry, because it helps him lower his gaze and guard his modesty (i.e. his private parts from committing illegal sexual intercourse etc.), and whoever is not able to marry, should fast, as fasting diminishes his sexual power." Bukhari:5066. The hadeeth orders men who are not able to marry to fast despite the hardship encountered in doing so, and not to masturbate despite the ease with which it can be done.

There are additional evidences that can be cited to support this ruling on masturbation, but due to the limited space we will not go through them here. Allaah knows what is best and most correct.  

As for curing the habit of masturbation, we recommend the following suggestions:

1) The motive to seek a cure for this problem should be solely following Allaah?s orders and fearing His punishment.

2) A permanent and quick cure from this problem lies in marriage as soon as the person is able, as shown in the Prophet?s  hadeeth.

3) Keeping oneself busy with what is good for this world and the hereafter is essential in breaking this habit before it becomes second nature after which it is very difficult to rid oneself of it.

4) Lowering the gaze (from looking at forbidden things such as pictures, movies etc.) will help suppress the desire before it leads one to commit the haraam (forbidden). Allaah orders men and women to lower their gaze as shown in the following two verses and in the Prophet?s  hadeeth (interpretations of the meanings):

"Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.). That is purer for them. Verily, Allah is all-aware of what they do. And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things) and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts, etc.) ..... " 24.30-31  

Allaah?s messenger said: "Do not follow a casual (unintentional) look (at forbidden things) with another look." Al-Tirmidhi 2777. This is a general instruction by the Prophet  to abstain from all that may sexually excite a person because it might lead him/her to commit the haraam (forbidden).

5) Using one?s available leisure time in worshipping Allaah and increasing religious knowledge.

6) Being cautious not to develop any of the medical symptoms that may result from masturbation such as weak eyesight, weak nervous system, and/or back pain. More importantly, feeling of guilt and anxiety that can be complicated by missing obligatory prayers because of the need to shower (ghusl) after every incidence of masturbation.

7) Avoiding the illusion that some youth have that masturbation is permissible because it prevents them from committing illegal sexual acts such as fornication or even homosexuality.

8) Strengthening one?s willpower and avoiding spending time alone as recommended by the Prophet  when he said "Do not spend the night alone" Ahmad 6919.

9) Following the Prophet?s  aforementioned hadeeth and fast when possible, because fasting will temper one?s sexual desire and keep it under control. However, one should not overreact and swear by Allaah not to return to the act because if one does not honor one?s promise, one would be facing the consequences of not living up to one?s oath to Allaah. Also, note that medication to diminish one?s sexual desire is strictly prohibited because it might permanently affect one?s sexual ability.

10) Trying to follow the Prophet?s  recommendation concerning the etiquette of getting ready for bed, such as reading well-known supplications, sleeping on the right side, and avoiding sleeping on the belly (the Prophet  forbade sleeping on the belly).

11) Striving hard to be patient and chaste, because persistence will eventually, Allaah willing, lead to attaining those qualities as second nature, as the Prophet  explains in the following hadeeth:
"Whoever seeks chastity Allaah will make him chaste, and whoever seeks help from none but Allaah, He will help him, and whoever is patient He will make it easy for him, and no one has ever been given anything better than patience." Bukhari:1469.

12) Repenting, asking forgiveness from Allaah, doing good deeds, and not losing hope and feeling despair are all prerequisites to curing this problem. Note that losing hope is one of the major sins punishable by Allaah.

13) Finally, Allaah is the Most Merciful and He always responds to whoever calls on Him. So, asking for Allah?s forgiveness will be accepted, by His will.

Wallahu a?lam. And Allah knows what is best and most correct

THE RULING REGARDING MASTURBATION
Masturbation is Haraam (unlawful).

This is the ruling of the four Madhaahibs viz. Maliki, Shaf?e, Hanafee and one riwaayah (narration) from Imaam Hanbalee. They have drawn their conclusions from the following proofs:

PROOFS FROM THE QUR?N
* Allah Ta?la says: 'And those who guard their private parts from their wives and those (slave-girls) which their right-hands own - so there is no blame upon them. Then whoever seeks beyond that (which is lawful), they are the transgressors.

The intended meaning of these Aayat is clear. Allah Ta?la has praised the believers for guarding their private parts from that which He has made forbidden for them. Allah has permitted them to approach their wives and slave-girls. Thereafter, these words of Allah Ta?la follow: 'Whoever seeks beyond that which is lawful are oppressors who overstep from Halaal(permitted) towards Haraam (prohibited).

Hafiz ibn Katheer (RA) writes Imaam Shaaf?e (RA) and those who have agreed with him have concluded that masturbation is Haraam from this Aayat.' He says: 'Masturbation is excluded from these two types which Allah has made Halaal, viz. wives and slave-girls.

* Similarly, these Fuqahaa (Jurists) have drawn their conclusion from the following Aayat: 'And those who do not find the means to marry should remain chaste until Allah gives them resources by His grace.'

This Aayat shows masturbation to be Haraam because of two reasons: Firstly, in this Aayat Allah Ta?la has given the command of chastity and, according to the principles of Fiqh, a command (an imperative) denotes Wujoob (incumbency, obligation). Hence to remain chaste is Waajib (compulsory) and wherever chastity is Waajib it becomes Waajib to refrain from that which is contrary to it, for example, adultery, fornication, and sodomy. This is due to the fact that obligatory chastity will not materialise except by complete refrainment from all that which is contrary to chastity.

Secondly: in this Aayat, Allah Ta?la has made chastity obligatory on those who are unable to execute the command of Nikah. Here Allah Ta?la has not determined any connection or link between marriage and chastity. Hence, this demands that masturbation should be Haraam. And if assuming, it was permissible, then Allah Ta?la would have mentioned it at this point because this was the place of explanation. The silence maintaned by Allah Ta?la with regard to it at a place which requires its explanation, denotes that masturbation is Haraam.

Imaam Qurtubi (RA) has written in the Tafseer of this Aayat: 'And when Allah Ta?la has not determined any order between Nikah and chastity, then this shows that besides these two, everything else is Haraam. However, this Hurmat (unlawfulness) does not include slave-girls because another command of the Qur?n makes them Mubaah (permissible), viz. 'That which the right-hands earn (i.e. slave-girls).' Hence, in this manner an addition of slave-girl has come. Masturbation, however still remains Haraam. 'Those who seek beyond this (i.e. wives and slave-girls) are transgressors.' (Ma?rij 31)

Under the Tafseer of this Aayat, Qaadhi Thanaullah Paani Patti writes: 'Imaam Baghawi has deduced from this Aayat that masturbation is Haraam.'

PROOFS FROM AHAADITH

* Similarly, the Fuqahaa have drawn their conclusion from a Hadith reported by Abdullah bin Mas?od (Radhiallaahu ?nhu) in Bukhari and Muslim. He reports that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ?layhi Wasallam) said, 'O group of youth! Whoever from among you can marry should do so because it keeps the gaze low and it protects the private parts. And he who cannot marry should make it compulsory upon himself to fast because it breaks lust.'

Nabi (Sallallaahu ?layhi Wasallam) directed the person who is incapable of bearing the burden on Nikah towards Sawm (fasting). If assuming, masturbation was permissible, Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ?layhi Wasallam) would have mentioned it at this point. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ?layhi Wasallam) however maintained silence. Hence, this indicates that masturbation is Haraam because silence at the place of explanation gives the benefit of restriction.

* Some of the Fuqahaa have drawn their conclusion from a narration reported by Hasan bin Arfah that Nabi (Sallallaahu ?layhi Wasallam) said, 'Seven persons are such that Allah will not look at them on the Day of Qiyaamat nor will He purify them nor will He include them among the learned and Allah will enter them into Jahannam. They will enter Jahannam first except for those who repent. As those who repent Allah will accept their repentance.

1. A person who masturbates.
2. A person who performs the act of sodomy.
3. The person upon whom the act of sodomy is performed.
4. A perpetual drunkard.
5. The person who hits his parents so much that they appeal for help.
6. The person who harms his neighbours so much so that they curse him.
7. The person who commits adultery with his neighbour's wife. (Ibn Katheer vol. 5 p. 458)

Hadhrat Anas (Radhiallaahu ?nhu) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ?layhi Wasallam) said, 'The person who performs Nikah with his hands (i.e. masturbates) is cursed. (Tafseer Mazhari vol. 12 p. 94)

SAYINGS OF OUR PIOUS PREDECESSORS WITH REGARD TO MASTURBATION
* Sa?ed bin Jubayr (Radhiallaahu ?nhu) narrates that Rasulullah (Sallallaahu ?layhi Wasallam) said, 'Allah Ta?la will inflict a punishment on a group of people because they played with their private parts.'

* Attaa (RA) says, 'Some people will be resurrected in such a condition that their hands will be pregnant, I think they are those who masturbate.'

And Allah Ta?la Knows Best.

Was salaam

Mufti Ebrahim Desai                             Moulana Ahmad Kathrada
FATWA DEPT.                                     ADMINISTRATOR

Masturbation I - Not Haram
by Shehzad Saleem

Question: How is the act of masturbation seen in Islam. Is it a sin? If it is, then what is the punishment for it?

Answer: There is no explicit directive of the Shari`ah which forbids masturbation. In other words, it is silent on this issue. Consequently, it cannot be regarded as a sin. The verses from which its prohibition is usually derived, I am afraid, have another meaning.

The opinions of some of the companions of the Prophets reproduced below from Ibn Hazam?s al-Muhalla (Vol:11, pp. 393-4) indicate that they did not forbid it:

Ibn `Abbas: i) Marrying a slave girl is better than it, and it is better than fornication (zina).
                            ii) It is nothing but rubbing one?s private parts until a fluid comes out.
      Ibn `Umar: i) A person who does makes a fool of himself.
                           ii) It is merely rubbing an organ.
      Jabir Ibn Zayd: It is your water; you can discharge it [if you want].
      Hasan Basri: There is no harm in it.

At best, masturbation can be termed as an undesirable act similar in nature to the emotions of anger and hate. Such emotions are generally against good conduct, and a person should try to control them as much as possible. However, there may be situations when they may play a somewhat positive role - especially when they save you from a sin.

This is Shehzad Saleem's refutation of the articles by Ali Aman......

Assalaamu alykum

For anything to be haram, it is necessary that the Qur'an prohibit it in explicit words. Also no hadith can prohibit anything independent of the Qur'an and Sunnah. Ahadith merely explain and elucidate what is contained in these two original sources. Now as far as the Qur'an is concerned in my opinion there are no verses which forbid masturbation as is the view of Ibn Hazm a reputed scholar. The verses of surah muminun (23:5-7) quoted in my opinion have not been understood properly. To guard one's private parts (arabic: hifz i furuj) means to guard them from fornication and adultery. The words of the verse itself suggest it. When it is said that Muslims do not satisfy their sexual desires except from their wives and their slave women (which were present at the advent of Islam and which gradually Islam eradicated), it means that they go to no third woman except these two.

All Hadith which prohibit masturbation are weak and unauthentic.

It must be appreciated that there are many things in Islam which are neither haram nor desirable, but which are bad acts and should generally be avoided unless ofcourse one is unable to do so. For example if somone abuses his brother, or gets angry with his servants, or is mean to the poor, then of course no one can call these acts as haram; although everyone will call them as bad things/habits. Masturbation is a similar thing. It is no doubt a bad habit, but I think that when it is able to save a person from a greater evil, it is an unavoidable lesser evil. Needless to say that it should only be resorted to if a person is not able to control his carnal desires through measures suggested in the article above including fasting etc.

Regards, Shehzad Salee

This is Shehzad Saleem's refutation to all of the above claims.....

Wa alaykumus salaam

I have gone through the objections and comments and have found them very weak . I have the following observations to make in this regard:

1. The Qur'anic verse often quoted to forbid masturbation has been wrongly interpreted. I have already written on this.

2. People seem to think that there is only one negative category in directives: Haram. Whereas in Islam there are several before this ultimate one. Things are inappropriate, sinful,  bad, undesirable,  etc. No one will say that needless scolding  is haram. Yes it is inappropriate. No one will say that being dishonest is haram. Yes it is bad. No one will say that stealing is haram. Yes it is a sin. So on and so forth. For something to be haram, we need clear proof from the Book of Allah stating that a particular thing is haram. The verb "harrama" is used in the Qur'an many times to forbid certain things, but it has never been used for masturbation in clear words. No person has any authority to declare something as haram. It has to be divinely ordained. What right have we to pronounce something as haram which the Qur'an never did.

3. People also seem to think that the opposite of haram is allowable. This again is a wrong inference.  If I said that masturbation is not haram, this did not  mean that it is allowable (or desirable for that matter). I had clearly stated that it is an undesirable act habbit and one should avoid it as much as possible. However if one happens to commit it, one must not think that he has done something sinful or haram. I had given the example that getting angry and hating someone are similar undesirable acts. No one can call them haram. Also there may be situations when these "undesirable acts" play a positive role especially when they can save you from a sin like adultery for example.

4. The fact that the Qur'an and the Prophet (sws) told Muslim youth to guard their chastity if they are not able to marry and never said that they should masturbate to relieve their sexual urges also does not negate what I have said above. Sure the Qur'an and the Prophet (sws) will never want the youth to indulge in this habbit when other positive ways (such as fasting) can be suggested to soothe one's carnal desires. The sources of Islam will always suggest positive measures. However their lack of suggesting some measure (which is a bad habbit as in this case) does not mean that that thing is haram as has been inferred.

5. Genuinely evil medical effects  of something have no authority of announcing something as haram, which can only be done divinely. For example no one will doubt that smoking or eating beatle (paan) are injurious to health, but no one will call them haram.

6. If quotations from the scholars and sage of this Ummah matter, then I have quoted many companions of the Prophet (sws) and authorities of this Ummah who never called it haram. I reproduce some of them again from Ibn Hazam?s al-Muhalla (Vol:11, pp. 393-4):

Ibn `Abbas: i) Marrying a slave girl is better than it, and it is better than fornication (zina#).
                     ii) It is nothing but rubbing one?s private parts until a fluid comes out.

Ibn `Umar: i) A person who does makes a fool of himself.
                    ii) It is merely rubbing an organ.

Jabir Ibn Zayd: It is your water; you can discharge it [if you want].

Hasan Basri: There is no harm in it.

It should be known that Ibn Abbaas (rta) has been called "Hibr ul Ummah" (The Scholar of  the Ummah") by the Prophet (sws) himself. The rest were also very highly reputed scholars of Islam.

I will also urge my learned critics to always accept the room for a difference of opinion. The real thing is that one should be very sincere and commited to search for the truth but if two peole hold conflicting opinions then this does not mean that one of them should be condemned. The dazzling examples set by the Companions of our beloved Prophet (sws) need our attention. They had many grave differences but always respected one another's views.

May Allah Guide us to the right path.

Regards
Shehzad Saleem

Here is an extract from Islamic Perspectinve on Sex Education by renowned, Shahid Athar, which you can view by clicking here. Question 12. falls under the Sex Education Questions from Muslim Youth. The two speakers are Dr. Athar and the late Dr. Mahmood Abu Saud, the well-known scholar, for a second opinion. E-Mail your comments to Dr. Shahid Athar.

12. What is the Islamic rule concerning masturbation?

Abu Saud: There is no authentic text prohibiting masturbation, although it is reprehensible on account of two man factors: It leads to sexual arousal and more desire, and it actually affects the health, especially for boys. Sex is like any other natural instinct in that the more you think of it, the more it is accentuated. Generally speaking, humans sublimate and administer their instincts. We want to possess, but we work and earn; we want to eat, but we control our eating habits: and we want to have sex, but we marry.

Athar: Masturbation is considered makruh (detestable) in Islam; i.e., it is between lawful and permitted. Some scholars of the past have permitted it to students and soldiers who are single in a non-Muslim society where temptation is high, in order to save them from adultery. The medical harms are not confirmed.

These are the comments of general readers...

To: fareena@muslimsonline.com
Subject: Masturbation is not Haram
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 01:11:55 PDT

salaam alaikum,
It is sad to see prejudices and bigotry marring this topic. Masturbation is not haram. There is nothing in Qur'an to suggest it is...however there is too much narrow-mindedness out there and thus we can see fear and ignorance masking as "morality". There are enough things in this world that are truly haram without creating NEW ONES. I applaud your bringing this out into discussion. In sha' Allah one day masturbation will be seen as something innocent not wrong. I know in my heart that your website and forthrightness is what the ummah has needed for so long and I am most thankful for your work on our behalf.

I agree with you and your vision and Insha' Allah  it will be successful in what we hope.

Maa Assalaamah,
M. Abdel-Khalid

...another reader...

I've 2 observations to make about the so-called arguments that masturbation is forbidden.

First, why all that repetition about having to make a new ablution after touching your private parts?  You'd have to do that after urinating anyway, not to mention breaking wind, so what possible relevance is this to the question?

Second, the use of the phrase "what your right hand possesses" is intriguing. While this has traditionally been held to mean "slave-girls", it is significant that this phrase is used rather than just saying "slave-girls".  What I find intriguing in this context is that if you take the phrase literally, it could be referring to one's own fingers, & thereby expressly listing masturbation as permitted sexual activity!

I believe this entire matter is one best left to being between the individual, and Allah who knows best.

As a fairly new convert to Islam, I'm a bit hesitant in putting my opinions forward, but in this case the illogic and false arguments were just so blatant, that I couldn't let it go buy without saying something!

I was self-converted from reading the Quran itself, where I found a just & moderate religion that sought to have as few controls & restrictions imposed as possible.  Unfortunately, it seems all too many self-proclaimed "Islamic Authorities" are unhappy with the Islam that Allah gave them, & seek to "correct" this perceived "error" by interpreting what is forbidden in the widest manor possible, & only grudgingly admitting what is permitted in the narrowest sense that they can.

The question of music is a good example. Given the undeniable fact that the Prophet expressed approval of some girls singing to drum music during an Eid, I've actually read one of these "authorities"proclaim that listening to music is ONLY permissible during Eid, & then ONLY if no instruments are used but drums!  May Allah defend us from such "Islamic Authorities"!

-Wm. Jameel Van Ness

Alhamdullilah, but I know this only confuses us the more, too many questions, still in doubt? yes so am I, but if u seek my advice brothers and sisters, I'd say you had best keep off from it, since it remains a mystery, and Rasulillah sallal lahu alaihi was sallam says, we mshouldnt do what we dont know of or have doubts on.
    And I notice so many k-onliners have shyed away or "eeewed" away from this topic, believe me it is too serios to be ignored, so many of our brothers and sisters might be doomed do to lack of information or fake information, its ur duty as a muslimto know what is right and correct ur brothers and sisters. Its indeed a shameful act but ever growing in our midst, we can hide behind shame though, we must seek and preach the truth.
   My brother Ambi, my brother Gogannaka has said the best of it all, marriage is the best solution, but yet....I'm afraid to most it is a habbit that continues even after marriage. May Allah guide us, may he forgive us, may islam be glorified, AMEN.[/color]
Safety and Peace

Baruti M. Kamau

It's better to take a cold shower and get your mind on something else.  :)