News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

SHORT QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS!!! (Q&A)

Started by ummita, July 02, 2003, 10:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ummita

Can we have those with wide field based  knowledge of Islamicity have them answer questions here. Anybody who knows anything regarding Islam. Whether questions or answerd should plz post 'em Jazakallah.

As-salam alaykum.
1. Can a muslim reduce the numbers of children from what ALLAH has destined for a married couple for fear of poverty? Because I heard using birth control pills are not permissable in Islam......

2. I want to also know how far true is this, about falsehood which is lying because some Imam have ben stating otherwise.

I once read in a HadithSome say that is permissable in Islam why because? ALLAH'S MESSENGER (S.A.W) said, "Lying is allowed only in three cases: falsehood spoken by a man to his wife to please her, falshood to put things right between people(Tirmidhi)

I brougth this issue up to an Alim & he stated that Lying what ever the circumstance is......totally prohibited in Islam. Those that have knowledge on this......shed some light.

Barak!!!!
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

gogannaka

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

ummita

I know this but I dont know that!!!!!

It is permissable in Islam 4 a man 2 marry up2 4 wives......

Is it permissable 4 a man  marry (lets say) 8-9 wives? Ask me why?

I hav seen these big sultanates & Kings marry more than 4 wives though.....!!! Duz Islam allow more than 4?Not that I know of! :-/

Ummulhuda

I'm answering not because I have any more knowledge than you but because it is an  interesting topic.

According to many malamai, you should not reduce the number of children for fear of poverty. There is a verse in  one of the earlier surahs (I forget which) that talks about this. I cant quote it, and I dont have time to search for it now. The gist of it is not to kill for fear of poverty and that Allah Provides for all. The verse is in such a way (for me at least that it is open to interpretation). For example it could be that ppl in the past physically killed their children. This happened in Arabia in connection with its being a shameful.  thing to give birth to females so they used to kill them.  I really have to get the Ayah in order to talk about it.
However, from my layman's view point, one can limit the number of children you can have through planning. This I believe because an embryo does not become human until it is 120 days (according to a hadeeth) within that time it is clothed in flesh and given a human personality and an angel writes down its fate. My personal belief is that if a foetus is aborted before this crucial stage then it is not a crime because it is not a human being as such in the Islamic sense.
Also it is better to have a number of children that you can adequately take care of than to have so many children whom you cannot educate properly or feed properly or train properly. On the day of Judgement a parent will be held accountable for the sort of care and management that he imparted on his children.  More over if you want to practice the sunna of the prophet salaam then have only seven children because that is the number of offsprings he had in his lifetime.
I have heard that hadeeth of saying a falsehood inorder to please one's spouse or to right a situation between two ppl and the third one i think is when yr life is under threat, you can lie in order to save it if that is the only way of escape. It is a hadeeth and I think it makes a lot of sense dont you? how many of us are brave enough to tell the truth under the threat of certain death?
It is not permissible under Islam for a man to take more than four wives at a time. Any extra women are nothing more than concubines and this also is not permitted because we have no social circumstances that warrants a man to have a concubine. Concubines were an offshoot from the time when there was slavery and in the Qur'an, a man's slave girl was his right hand possession and he can treat her as a wife, because she has been denied her rights to marry under her own will, being a slave as it were. Also Islam sought to safeguard her from promiscuity. The best course of action of course was to give her her freedom which I think she gets if she gives birth to a child for her master (Please somebody correct  me if I'm wrong anywhere within this post).
Since there is no more slavery then there is no reason for anyone to have a concubine, and anyone having one is in effect committing adultery but only the likes of Amina Lawal will be brought to trial for it.
There is a very good islamic website which if I remember it i will write it down so you can write and inquire about all this form more knowledgeable sources

ummita

Anonymous

actually, it is in the night of the 40th to the 41st day that the soul is delivered to the baby by an angel. to that day abortion is allowed.

i do not have the right to teach islam to people, but i remember having read about birth control, and i can remember something like a hadith that a man asked the prophet (saws) if it is a sin that hes pulling his penis out to ejaculate. so the answer was that it is not, and that only god knows how many childs are reserved for each man and woman.

i dont know bout the kings having more than 4 women, i think it is not permitted by islam. in fact many rich arabs still have more than that.

maleek

Woe to man! What has made him reject Allah? From what stuff has He created him? From a sperm-drop: He has created him, and then molded him in due proportion. (Qur'aan 80:17-19)

During the first 40 days of gestation, all the body parts and organs are completely, though consecutively formed. We can notice in Figure 2.1 that the organs begin to be formed, assembled, and the fetus appears twisted. The Prophet Muhammad,  (sallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam), has informed us in a hadeeth that: In every one of you, all components of your creation are gathered together in your mothers’ womb by 40 days. (Narrated in Saheeh Muslim and Al-Bukhaari).

Fig. 2.1

In another Hadeeth, Prophet Muhammad  (sallAllahu ‘alaihi wa sallam) said: When forty-two nights have passed over the drop (nutfah), Allah sends an angel to it, who shapes it and makes its ears, eyes, skin, flesh and bones. Then he says, “O Lord, is it male or female?” and your Lord decides what he wishes. (Muslim).

Professor Simpson studied these two hadeeths extensively, noting that the first 40 days constitute a clearly distinguishable stage of embryo genesis. He was particularly impressed by the absolute precision and accuracy of those hadeeths. Then during one of the conferences which he attended he gave the following opinion: "So that the two hadeeths that have been noted can provide us with a specific time table for the main embryological development before 40 days. Again, the point had been made repeatedly by other speakers this morning that these hadeeths could not have been obtained on the basis of the scientific knowledge that was available at the time of their recording."

Professor Simpson says that religion can successfully guide the pursuit of knowledge. The West, as we said, has rejected this. Here is an American scientist who says that religion, namely Islam, can achieve this with success. By analogy, if you go to a factory and have with you the operation manual of the factory, then you will be able to easily understand the kind of operation that goes on in that factory, thanks to that manual by the factory designer and builder. If you do not have this manual with you, chances are much less that you will have good understanding of the various processes there.

Professor Simpson said: "It follows, I think, that not only is there no conflict between genetics and religion, but in fact religion can guide science by adding revelation to some traditional scientific approaches. That there exist statements in the Qur'aan shown by science to be valid, which supports knowledge in the Qur'aan having been derived from Allah."

source: http://www.it-is-truth.org/it-is-truth/IslamAndScience.shtml

ummita

TWO MAJORS............[/b]

ONE[/b]
Listening to music: HARAM OR NOT?

Some said listening to music is totally haram. ("Ouch"!!!)

Some said as long as it does not contain words of profanity it is perfectly alright to listen to music.

Some said as  long as you do not copy from music you can listen to it (copy:? )

Some said music containing musical beats are haram (what of Muslim Nasheeds that have beats in them......?) :?

60% of ppl told me years & years bck that it is haram.......30% gave me a different version...........I need 101% assurance........

(*coughs* ehem, uhum....err) Mind you....I do not listen to music. Just want 2 know if my badly affected cousin who has an obsession for music & I mean psychologically disturbed with music is a sinner or not, so I can begin holy prayer!

TWO[/b]
FORGIVING OR RETALIATION.....WHICH IS WHICH?
Allah (S.W.A) said we should forgive each other........
Then from Hadith.......and seminars held by Imams gave justifications that if one is hurt by another & feelings cant withstand, one has the obligatory duty to retaliate but not more than what the person has done onto him......

I have the biggest heart for forgiveness (well maybe, she laffs) but what if another person finds it hard to forgive and would rather retaliate & in the process do more harm than sustained:?

Like the inhabitants of my family especially my little niece likes sayin ......DO ME I DO YOU, GOD NO GO VEX....How far true is that statement?

People! A confused mind needs clearance here.......Anybody?.........

dan kauye

Quote from: "ummita"

TWO MAJORS............[/b]

ONE[/b]
Listening to music: HARAM OR NOT?

Some said listening to music is totally haram. ("Ouch"!!!)

Some said as long as it does not contain words of profanity it is perfectly alright to listen to music.

Some said as  long as you do not copy from music you can listen to it (copy:? )

Some said music containing musical beats are haram (what of Muslim Nasheeds that have beats in them......?) :?

60% of ppl told me years & years bck that it is haram.......30% gave me a different version...........I need 101% assurance........

(*coughs* ehem, uhum....err) Mind you....I do not listen to music. Just want 2 know if my badly affected cousin who has an obsession for music & I mean psychologically disturbed with music is a sinner or not, so I can begin holy prayer!

[/color]

Music of any type,save that which is in remembrance of Allah and praise for the prophet(PBUH) is absolutely prohibited in Islam.However,I ,like most young persons am obsessed with music,as much as most wont admit.I have been thinking of ways to limit my music listening..hey there's no better way to kick music (be it rap,pop,arabic,indian or hausa) ot the curb than replacing that fave CD with the Holy Quran.Get it? now loose that ginuwine CD..Allah ya shirya mu gaba daya.
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke