News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

24 Nigerian pilgrims die in Saudi Arabia

Started by Muhsin, December 04, 2008, 12:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Written by Isiaka Wakili, Mecca     
Thursday, 04 December 2008 

Twenty four Nigerian pilgrims have so far died in Saudi Arabia. Confirming the incident, the head of the Nigerian medical team for the this year's hajj, Dr Ibrahim Kana said two of the affected pilgrims lost their lives in separate road accidents in Mecca, while others died of varying diseases which included hypovoleamic shock, acute abdomen pain, C.V.A. stroke, renal failure, cardiac arrest, severe viral infection, gastroenteritis with dehydration and bronchitis.

According to Kana, six of them were from Kano State, two each from Katsina, Niger and Lagos states. Others were from Zamfara, Sokoto, Borno, and Yobe states as well as Abuja.

The names of the deceased are Rukaiya Salisu, Tanimun Sarkin Noma Gada, Rabi Ilyasu, Mohammad Yusuf Bello, Dije Yahaya Mainasara, Hajia Kullima, Muhammad Mall Muhammad and Ibrahim Khalil Ali. Others are Muhamad Abdullahi Bukkuyam, Adam Zakru Khaliru, Salami Saliu, Abdulkadir Adamu Kore and Usman Abdullah.

In another development, the National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON) has disclosed that against the 95, 000 pilgrims that were supposed to have been airlifted to Saudi Arabia for this year's hajj, only 85, 265 were eventually airlifted before the closure of the Jeddah International Airport on Monday.

The Commissioner in charge of Policy, Personnel Management and Finance, NAHCON, Alhaji Liad Tella, said the intending pilgrims that could not be airlifted fell victims of some travel and tour agents who attempted to engage in excessive profiteering.

http://news.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=392&Itemid=19
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Mufi

Life is like a flower; more exquisite and precious when shared with others.

Bajoga

Ubangiji ya jikasu da rahma, mu kuma in tamu tazo Allah yasa mu dace.

Zanso inyi amfani da wannan dama kuma in isar da gaisuwa ga dukkan member na Kano Online kasancewar mun dauki lokaci mai tsawo bamu samu damar haduwa ta wannan fili mai albarka ba, sakamakon wani dan matsala da sha kanmu.

A yanzu, is like i am a stranger a wannan forum din, therefore, if nayi wani abu wanda ba dai-dai pls let me know.

Thanks.

Bajoga.
HASBUNALLAHI............

Muhsin

I didn't notice, as the poster, I hadn't say my sympathy and condelence. May their gentle souls rest in peace, amin. Idan tamu ta zo Allah yasa mu cika da imani, amin.

@Bajoga

You are honorably welcome back on board. How work at ***. Wish you great time with us.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Bajoga

Quote from: Muhsin on December 05, 2008, 10:55:49 AM

@Bajoga

You are honorably welcome back on board. How work at ***. Wish you great time with us.

Sir.
Many thanks for your concerned, kuma let me complete your sentence "How work at" AshakaCem PLC. Allah yasa mu dace.
HASBUNALLAHI............

Muhsin

3 more Nigerian pilgrims die in Makka

Three more Nigerian pilgrims died on Monday in Makka, raising the number of deaths so far to 36, an official said.
Malam Uba Mana, the Public Relations Officer, National Hajj Commission (NAHCO), told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Mina, Saudi Arabia, today that the latest victims were knocked down by a vehicle in central area of Makka.
Giving details of deaths since the commencement of the Hajj, Uba said Zamfara topped the list with 10 pilgrims, while Sokoto followed with six.
He said Borno lost three pilgrims, while Lagos, Katsina, Yobe and FCT (Abuja), lost two each.
Uba said two pilgrims on international travel arrangement also died, while Plateau, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kebbi, Niger, Kano and Ekiti lost one pilgrim each.
NAN recalls that eight pilgrims from Zamfara died on December 6 in a road accident when they were travelling from Madina to Makka.
Fifteen of the 17 pilgrims, who sustained injuries in the accident, have recovered and are now in Mina for the Hajj rites, while two in critical conditions are still receiving treatment.
Uba told NAN that since the commencement of the Hajj rites in Mina, Arafat, Musdalifah and the stoning of the devil at Jamarat on Saturday, Nigeria had not record any serious casualty.
"We thank God that since the Hajj rites proper started on Saturday with movement of pilgrims from Mecca to Mina from there to Arafat, back to Musdalifah and back to Mina, Nigeria has not recorded any casualty," Uba said.
NAN reports that Musdalifah and stoning at Jamarat and the Ka'abah at Haram Mosque in Makkah,usually experienced crowding and stampede, resulting to deaths sometimes.               

http://www.triumphnewspapers.com/3more11122008.html

Bajoga

:o, Innalillahi wa inna ilayhin raju'un, Ubangiji shi gafarta masu ya kuma sa mutuwa hutu ce agaresu dama dukkan musulmin duniya baki daya.  :'(
HASBUNALLAHI............

Hidima

Bajoga

Inna Lillahi Wa Inna Ilayhin Raju'un, wata mahajjaciya kuma a jiya ta rasu, making the total of 37 mahajjata da suka rasu a hajjin bana.

A woman from Gombe State, Funa-kaye local Gov't ta rasu ne after a short rasin lafiya da tayi, Ubangiji ya gafarta mata tare da dukkan musulmi baki daya. Mu kuma da muke da rai, Allah yasa mu cika da imani.

Thanks.
HASBUNALLAHI............

IBB

Allah yaji kan musulmai yai masu rahama. Ameen. Allah kuma ya kyautata namu zuwan ameen.
IHS

Bajoga

Innalillahi wa inna ilayhin raju'un.

Another man still from Funak-kaye L.G.A of Gombe State was died yesterday at Saudi Arabiya (Makka).

May his soul rest in peace, AMeeeen.
HASBUNALLAHI............

ummita

May their souls rest in peace Ameen yah rabbiy...........................

I believe when your times up.....then thats it. Kumah komai qaddarah na Allah ne. But I heard that alot of the pilgrims were going for travellers injections against malaria, fever & the likes of it. I overhead a man saying this "wani sabon (allura) ne wasu baturai suka kawo ake ta yima mutane".  And from what I understand, there was something wrong with the dosages given to people or their immunity level was far too low or something........

[color]
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Nuruddeen

Quote from: ummita on December 24, 2008, 06:20:15 PM
May their souls rest in peace Ameen yah rabbiy...........................

I believe when your times up.....then thats it. Kumah komai qaddarah na Allah ne. But I heard that alot of the pilgrims were going for travellers injections against malaria, fever & the likes of it. I overhead a man saying this "wani sabon (allura) ne wasu baturai suka kawo ake ta yima mutane".  And from what I understand, there was something wrong with the dosages given to people or their immunity level was far too low or something........

[color]

Ummita, this could be true. One can never tell with these whites. May Allah rest their souls in peace.
o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

amira

Allah yajikan su da rahma mukuma Allah kyautata namu karshen ameen.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

Sani Danbaffa

Quote from: Muhsin on December 04, 2008, 12:02:31 PM
Written by Isiaka Wakili, Mecca    
Thursday, 04 December 2008 

Twenty four Nigerian pilgrims have so far died in Saudi Arabia. Confirming the incident, the head of the Nigerian medical team for the this yearÂ’s hajj, Dr Ibrahim Kana said two of the affected pilgrims lost their lives in separate road accidents in Mecca, while others died of varying diseases which included hypovoleamic shock, acute abdomen pain, C.V.A. stroke, renal failure, cardiac arrest, severe viral infection, gastroenteritis with dehydration and bronchitis.

According to Kana, six of them were from Kano State, two each from Katsina, Niger and Lagos states. Others were from Zamfara, Sokoto, Borno, and Yobe states as well as Abuja.

I wish the Ulama'as would guide potential Alhajis or Hajiya's on the need to be healthy, and the Hajj Commission would insist on good health before allowing anyone to enbark on the Hajj. It may not be real ibadat to go for Hajj and couse problem for others or die there (sorry I may not have enough knowledge), but it may not be right to do so. In my opinion, all intending philgrims should have a particular level of medical certification before being accepted to travel. Remember that Hajj is the 5th pilar of Islam which is to be performed by th capable. Being healthy might be one good capability not only being able to pay the required fees and charges.

May Allah forgive the departed and grant the bereaved the fortitude to bear the loss.
Seek knowledge to be usefull to the society, help and spread happiness.