News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

ANPP is endorsing Governor Shekarau for 2011

Started by Dan-Borno, February 23, 2009, 05:23:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

there is a very strong indication going round within the big-wigs
of anpp over endorsing his excellency, malam ibrahim shekarau
for the presidential candidacy under the platform of anpp.

uptill this moment, there is no reaction from neither buhari nor
his campaign team over this saga, as buhari is still hoping that
he is going to be the presidential flagbearer come 2011.

anpp is making a very wise choice according to many political
gurus who are paying attention to the growth of anpp in nigeria.
many believed buhari has tried his best and shekarau is one man
that matches his footsteps.

muna bayanka shekarau.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Allah (SWT) ya zaba mana wanda zai zama alkhairi ga rayuwarmu da addininmu-amiyn.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

HUSNAA

I'm not sure Shekarau is the right choice for the presidential candidacy. His style of governance is not aggressive. I am sure he is a good man, but the Kano politicians he surrounds himself with are a different kettle of fish altogether. I think the focus of the government is not on development perse as we know it, i.e. modernization and all its accoutrements. I dont know how many of you have listened to the interview between Jameela Tangaza and the deputy governor of Kano state. Said one of my colleagues after he had listened to the interview: the guy sounds more like a museum curator than a deputy governor! The deputy governor apparently thinks that Kano is not in need of a massive overhaul, rather he believes we need to preserve what is "on ground" at present ( :-\ )!!! He did talk about water though ( no surprise there, that is what he knows best or supposedly).
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Sani Danbaffa

Quote from: HUSNAA on February 26, 2009, 06:19:24 AM
I'm not sure Shekarau is the right choice for the presidential candidacy. His style of governance is not aggressive. I am sure he is a good man, but the Kano politicians he surrounds himself with are a different kettle of fish altogether. I think the focus of the government is not on development perse as we know it, i.e. modernization and all its accoutrements. I dont know how many of you have listened to the interview between Jameela Tangaza and the deputy governor of Kano state. Said one of my colleagues after he had listened to the interview: the guy sounds more like a museum curator than a deputy governor! The deputy governor apparently thinks that Kano is not in need of a massive overhaul, rather he believes we need to preserve what is "on ground" at present ( :-\ )!!! He did talk about water though ( no surprise there, that is what he knows best or supposedly).

Gaskiya ne I monitored that interview on the BBC Hausa. I think the time is too early for that thought. Just wait for a while yet. The Party would rather unite it's members first instead of talking of endorsement. Nigerian politics is neither as matured as Kano politics nor is it for propaganda it is somewhere far away from the 2!
Seek knowledge to be usefull to the society, help and spread happiness.

waduz

Ya je can dai ya ji da Kano! Nigeria kam sai...................! Qalarawi ya taba cewa, "ko ya ubanka kace, bana sai ka yi dinkin hulannan......" You never know with politicians, kai dai mu nemo saa. ;D

Lawwali

Hi there, Behold! Even voting Shekarau in 2003 was a mistake BY kanawas. We pray such type of mistake did nt repeat itself.
it takes oppressed and oppressor for oppression to occur

Bajoga

Wannan dai kawai sai muce Ubangiji ya zaba mana mafi alkairi, i think is the best.
HASBUNALLAHI............

Dan-Borno

husnaa is at the forefront when it comes to anything that has
to do with shekarau.  in the nigerian context, obasanjo was
never be better than shekarau, so also yar'adua.  shekarau
even before his voting into office has a clean record of good
administration and followers of his administration (not those
in diaspora who are yet to know the intrigues of how politics
and governance is played in nigeria) knew that he has written
his name in gold diamond. 

@ lawwali, yes you can say that again, when shagari was voted
the second time in office, it was a mistake, so also when this
man from the prison, a tired retired old fashioned general was
voted in 1999, the same mistake brougth this baba go slow, so
i dont expect if we make mistake in voting shekarau in 2011 as
long as anpp succeeded in giving him the flag as its candidate.

we are analysing the possibilities of a credible candidate that will
be accepted by all north and also gain the confidence from the
south to beat the pdp and shekarau is our only option for NOW....
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Its not only a question of clean records, DB. We want ACTION!! We want SUPERMAN, IRON MAN ACTION MAN. How effective is a clean tortoise when it comes to running around? Ga 'Yar adua as an example of an "honest" honcho, amma har yanzu he hasnt delivered on any of his  7 point agenda. Su OBJ that were corrupt, at least were dynamic and did do SOMETHING. He introduced EFCC, which has been undermined by Yar adua, he paid off some of the debts, he initiated the excess crude fund, which is now what is shouldering the staggering Nig economy. He got us some good ppl like Iwealah Okonjo, el rufai, Rubadu, Akinloye. So he did do something.
Tell me 'Yar adua's achievements so far? Going for health checks abroad? 
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Well...I don't think Shekarau is that competent enough. We should look 4 anoda candidate. But not Malam.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

ummita

Abi wo Muhsin! My own issue here is not a serious one but this Shekarau man hardly wears socks in his covered shoes. >:( All most all documentaries or interviews I've seen him in babu socks. And he should make use of his moisturizers often cus kullun kafan nashi fari fat! Dress code is very important for political leaders. That was how Obj ended his tenure and never wore a suit always in agbada!!!!

Back to Shekarau, I hear ppl from Kano make good comments about him. Perhaps he is fit for another term.
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Muhsin

Quote from: ummita on February 28, 2009, 12:50:11 AM
Abi wo Muhsin! My own issue here is not a serious one but this Shekarau man hardly wears socks in his covered shoes. >:( All most all documentaries or interviews I've seen him in babu socks. And he should make use of his moisturizers often cus kullun kafan nashi fari fat! Dress code is very important for political leaders. That was how Obj ended his tenure and never wore a suit always in agbada!!!!

Back to Shekarau, I hear ppl from Kano make good comments about him. Perhaps he is fit for another term.

LOL ;D Ummita.

Which term kuma? He's currently serving his second term. Or  the constitution was amended I haven't hear, which allows govs to serve more than two terms? 
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

EMTL

Quote from: Dan-Borno on February 27, 2009, 01:08:43 PM
voted in 1999, the same mistake brougth this baba go slow, so

Assalamu alaikum,
He may be slow but am sure he will perform much more better than OBJ. When he was elected KT Gov for the first two years there was very little action but once he started 'going fast' he continued and did very well for us. I hope he will do even better as President of Nigeria Insha Allah. Shekarau is a good material so also Buhari- in this aspect ANPP has two good people they could presnt come 2011.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

usman11

Husnna, I really don't appreciate how you dissed Tortoise like that O! I have a pet Tortoise, and I am offended. But I will implore you not to under-rate a clean Tortoise either, because they are full of surprises. Let me tell you a story that will convey my point. A couple of years ago, Tortoise went and challenged Mr. "Fast Leg' Hare to a 10 mile race. Tortoise issued this challenge while Mr. Hare was in moderating a high powered meeting of 3rd Annual Conference of Fast Animals Association. The challenge evoked great levity from all participating animals. They asked Tortoise if madness was worrying him. Others mocked Tortoise saying Hare will breeze through the race in 3 minutes, while Tortoise will reach the finish line in 2019. Anyway, Hare accepted and the race was staged.

On your marks, set,....Go...(Bom) Tortoise could barely move, he began crawling in what appeared to be slow motion. Hare, just jet off the starting block like Ferrari, to the cheering crowd. A quater down the trail, he stoped and looked back laughing. When he turned around, Tortoise was in front of him. He almost fainted. ..."What"?...How the hell....did you?. Goodness! Abi abi na foodoo be dis?" asked Mr.Hare. Anyway, he threw his speed in a higher gear, and zoomed off again. When the got to a rest area, he stopped and sighed to himself saying.."Mmm, this Tortoise sabi...". Before he completed his thought, he saw Tortoise way ahead of him. Hare could not believe his eyes. So he put it in 4th gear and sped pass Tortoise shouting as he overtook Tortoise saying..."Dem no born you correct, na me be your papa for running". Anyway, on reaching the final rest area before the last leg of the race, Hare decided to take a break, and check to see where Tortoise was. He looked way back and could not see Tortoise, so he relaxed thinking this time, he had really left Tortoise behind. While he was still thinking so, he heard Tortoise asking him from afar off in front saying..."Mr. Hare, are you looking for me?". Hare almost jumped out of skin when he saw Tortoise in front again.

So this time, Hare was totally panicked, and without uttering a word, he ran the fastest he could, passed Tortoise, and shouted as he passed, "Tortoise may your short legs never grow longer". Anyway, Hare reached the finish line and was breathing heavily in relief that the race was over and that he had won. But then he straightened up to stretch himself, and saw Tortoise sitting on the winner's chair and drinking Gatorade with a medal around his neck. Hare fainted for real this time.

Now, Husnna, how do you think Tortoise pulled that off? Be careful O! They say slow and steady wins the race. Shekarau might be slow, but he may put up a Tortoise performance now and outsmart all other Fast Hares in the race.

Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu

Suitability and competency are relative terminologies, and we people should not forget, that Kano State is blessed with similar people(like Shekarau), and many more than him (more intelligent, more patriotic, more industrious, and with better desires to serve the people). The modus operendi the state population is in need of, are very clear, and the only advice I have for all, is to be extra-careful in choosing who should drive us to a better condition of all-round efficiencies!!!
"It is not the strongest species that survive nor the most intelligent, but the ones that are more responsive to change"
                               ~ Charles Darwin ~

"You can not hold a man down without staying down with him".