News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Why are cigarettes addictive?

Started by hingiser, February 27, 2009, 04:30:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hingiser

Why is it hard to quit smoking, are cigarette sort of drugs? And can anyone tell me why smoking is considered cool

Dan-Borno

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

derreller

Smoking initiates many processes in the body. As nicotine enters, the endorphin is released and you are actually becoming high. Yes these are sort of drugs which have obvious symptoms like becoming anxious, sweating and feeling of physical illness on removal. But you can easily give-up this habit. I found a good e-book on "Smoking Cessation" (http://www.stop-smoking-guru.com). Concerning cigarettes being cool, I don't agree with you. What I feel is that some great personalities fall victim to this habit making it look cool which is surely a myth.

Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu

Dan Maiduguri is right, Mr Hingister, do please make some small introduction of yourself. As regards to your desire to know if cigarette smoking is cool (though I suggest you mean its advantages), I would want you to follow up my posts on this subject, and you will find out alot that you do not know, with the advantages (though, a sort of hidden therein) inclussive!!!
"It is not the strongest species that survive nor the most intelligent, but the ones that are more responsive to change"
                               ~ Charles Darwin ~

"You can not hold a man down without staying down with him".

Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu

"It is not the strongest species that survive nor the most intelligent, but the ones that are more responsive to change"
                               ~ Charles Darwin ~

"You can not hold a man down without staying down with him".