News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Is Shekarau really involved in killing Sheik Ja'afar?

Started by Dan-Borno, April 22, 2009, 11:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

its as if a best friend of mine starbed me on the back the very
moment i read the posting in sahara reporters.  i initially dont
want to bring the issue up here because i am ardent supporter
of shekarau come 2011.

the facts presented in the write up directly points accusing finger
at malam shekarau.

now, for those of us warming up against 2011, this could be our
haulting place pending a credible and concrete answer exonerating
our boss.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

DB that is a very grave accusation. I am not an ardent supporter of Shekarau by any measure, however, I feel that this is simply a case of character assassination. Shekarau may be anything, but a killer is not one of them. He has too much imani to succumb to the temptations of power up to that extent.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

usman11

Wait a minute Husnna, you are saying Shekarau MAY BE ANYTHING (including a sponsorer of murder for hire) yet, you are an ardent supporter of his, and that he is not a killer? Sounds very contradicting to me. Question is though, if someone has fingered Shekarau in the murder of Sheikl Ja'afar, what is the accusation based on? Is there evidence that warrants investigation of Shekarau?

HUSNAA

LOL Usman 2 I think controversy is your second name :o :o!!!!!
I said Shekarau may be anything and qualified it with a BUT. A sponsorer of murder is by extension a murderer himself. His being anything doesnt include that which might lead to his being labeled a killer, directly or indirectly. Besides I think you have been too quick to jump on the accusation bandwagon. I would have thought you would have been one of the ones who would step back and take a more objective view, being that your being in America must have taught you to believe in the innocence of an accused until he/she is proven guilty. You also must know how libelous Nigerian newspapers can be if they take it upon themselves to be dirty. Its nothing more than to discredit him since some elements are trying to germinate the seed of his presidential candidacy in the minds of the gullible. A lot of ppl may dismiss it as an impossibility but there have been many times when ppl have been underestimated by being dismissed contemptuously as nonentities only to turn round and surprise us. So I think some ppl are taking some precautions to ensure that if he stays in the limelight, it is negatively. 
Another possibility could be because there seemed to be a lackadaisical effort to catch the killers of the Sheikh so this could be interpreted as suppression from influential authorities which naturally points a finger at Shekarau.
By the way, I am not supporter of Shekarau; check the my post again. However, I do believe in fairness and I dont like dirty politics.

Dan-Borno

hajiya, i know you dont support malam unlike me an ardent supporter
especially when it comes to replacing the old janar in the 2011 election.
however, the logic is very clear.  government is responsible for the
protection of lives and properties of its citizen. 

the facts of the case as presented is fine and simple to understand.  we
all know how influential and important sheikh is to the muslim ummah
in nigeria, his status is that of an elderstatesman and a stakeholder
as far as religion of islam is concern.  so, government must be held
responsible for the death of sheik. 

if the government of the day is not able to come out with a clear
statement exonerating itself or apprehend the suspected culprits who
perpetrated this heineous act, then we are left with no option than to
agree with the accusation at hand.  the handwritten confessional
statement of the secondary actor is very clear. 

dele giwa was killed while resting with his family, who killed him?
definitely there is no second name other than babangida.

the death of bola ige is still been attributed to obasanjo.

so many other deaths of prominent nigerians who distinguished
themselves in a particular area are been assasinated by government
of the day - this case cannot be different just because shekarau
doesnt look like a murderer or cannot go to that extent.

we should not under estimate these politicians, they can go to any
length to achieve their ambition.

we are still watching....................................

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

HUSNAA

Well I did say that the carefree attitude of govts towards solving high profile murders tends to make them look like co conspirators. However, I still think if we should hold authorities responsible for a crime committed by private individuals, we should look at the whole body of government and not just one person in it. In some cases, we should also exonerate the whole govt since its involvement is by default so to speak. I think this is the case with Kano state government or more specifically Shekarau. Now I dont know the sheikh's relationship with the govt of Kano State during his lifetime; whether he is in anyway at loggerheads with it; whether his sermons take the form of direct or indirect reprimands at the govt that may cause it to get annoyed with him. This is usually the basic  formula which sets political hounds on the one hand and peer rivals on the other to go baying for the blood of dissident voices. I believe that the death of the sheikh was caused by peer rivalry rather than any fracas with the Kano State government. This is probably the opinion of the majority of the populace. The fact of the govt being slow to react and still somewhat comatose about the whole affair, should be taken cynically as following a set precedence in the Nigerian judiciary system rather than an indication of its culpability or the culpability of Shekarau.

Having said that, the handwritten confession while it should not be outrightly dismissed, should be handled with a great deal of caution. Why did it appear all of a sudden? What tactics (the monetary kind or the torture kind) were involved in squeezing it out of the individual who confessed? Has the person been thoroughly interrogated after the confession to establish the truth of his/her assertions? Have other ppl whom he may have mentioned as being involved, been apprehended and their testimonies taken? Has Shekarau himself been approached to give an alibi or explanation or something of the sort?

While IBB may be the main suspect in the Dele Giwa murder and with good reason, the same cannot be said of either OBJ in the case of Ige and Shekarau in the case of Sheikh Ja'afaar Adam. OBJ was Bola Ige's man to the core. There were blunders which Ige committed, of which OBJ could with perfect legality have had him removed from office without the need to remove his life as well. But OBJ condoned every act of Ige, maybe because of some strong filial or tribal confraternity, or some secret society bonds between them. Be as it may OBJ certainly turned a blind eye at Bola Ige's short comings and for this reason alone, I dont believe that OBJ can be held accountable for  Ige's demise. Someone surely killed him, but I dont think it should be directly linked to OBJ simply because OBJ was president at the time. It might have been helpful to OBJ to have Ige out of the way perhaps, but one cannot condemn him for something that was for all intents and purposes an unexpected bonus for him, that is, if he really did want to do away with Ige.   

What I find troubling DB is yr simultaneous support and condemnation of Shekarau. I find it slightly machiavellian. You support his candidacy for 2011 but you feel that he may have something to do with Sheikh Ja'afaar's murder, yet you continue to support him. You dont even seem to have doubts about his alleged involvement. How is it possible to reconcile the two attitudes unless you accept or believe that it is politically expedient to get rid of ones rivals by what ever means available?

gogannaka

Cheap blackmail ne kawai and dirty politics like Husnaa said.
The first time i read the report it sounded real but when i read it the second time i knew it was just blackmail. Anyone could have obtained a statement sheet (no police station ID no IPO name etc) and write whateve he/she wishes to write.
The weakest side of the story was when they claimed that shekarau sponsored the 'taliban' that invaded panshekara area.A nan suka bata rawar su.
Also by claiming that the orchestrated assasination was the reason behind shekarau's grudge with Buhari is false. Shekarau and Buhari had their grudges even before Ja'afar's death.

Shekarau had better not respond to this allegation because it would give the detractors and dirty politicians victory.

DB continue your support,i have given u assurance that Shekarau is innocent.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

EMTL

Quote from: gogannaka on April 24, 2009, 06:57:07 AM
Cheap blackmail ne kawai and dirty politics like Husnaa said.
Shekarau had better not respond to this allegation because it would give the detractors and dirty politicians victory.

Assalamu alaikum,
Allah (SWT) ya yi maka albarka GGK. I heard this rumour and now read this and in my mind I am 99% sure this is fabrication to tarnish the man's image- Allah (SWT) ya karemu daga dukkan masharranta.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

usman11

Husnna, no, no, no, no......I did not jump on the accusation bandwagon at all. You can see clearly from my write up that I DID NOT cast any air of suspicion on Shekarau. I actually asked the relevant question when an allegation is made. What are these allegations based on I asked. What evidence point to Shekarau's involvement in Sheik Ja'far's murder? What would be Shekarau's motive for wanting the sheik dead? Those are the questions I asked which are very well in line with our philosophy of innocent until proven guilty. So, there, I rest my case.

HUSNAA

Quote from: usman11 on April 24, 2009, 02:40:54 PM
Husnna, no, no, no, no......I did not jump on the accusation bandwagon at all. You can see clearly from my write up that I DID NOT cast any air of suspicion on Shekarau. I actually asked the relevant question when an allegation is made. What are these allegations based on I asked. What evidence point to Shekarau's involvement in Sheik Ja'far's murder? What would be Shekarau's motive for wanting the sheik dead? Those are the questions I asked which are very well in line with our philosophy of innocent until proven guilty. So, there, I rest my case.

Yes I realized it afterwards when I reread yr post. Sorry about that.

Muhsin

Assalamu alaikum,

Although all is there to be said has been aptly said, but I feel it quite necessary to say a few more words on that issue at stake.

It seems like a convention amongst you as almost each member made it clear on either he's a stalwart suppoter of Shekarau or not. I was one but then, not now. And that is connected with how he treats us--Ahlussunnah, in Kano. He apparently cold-shoulders and treats us unfairly, forgetting that we are those who at initial stage did everything for him whilst others were busy attacking him, calling him with names like Abrahata and using other deragotory terms against him, e.g dan baki, mai jakai, his father was not a muslim, etc.

There is lots to say. But am afraid of going off-topic as I think I already did. What my prio pragraph meant to say is that; I,  that unrefutable fact notwithstanding, don't believe Shekarau has a hand in the brutal elimination of Sheik Ja'afar, rahimahullah. That paper thats circulating in town is just a fabrication and concoction of lies. And I pray to Allah to punish whoever has hand in manufacturing it.

Muhsin
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

waduz

I have not read that story in saharanews. It will be interesting to read it and for one to dicerpher what was said.
Meanwhile, has Shekarau any MOTIVE to want the man dead? Was the late Sheikh serving Shekarau in any way? What is the strength of evidence against Shekarau? Did Shekarau carry out the crime himself? Any direct or indirect evidence to link Shekarau or his agents to the murder?

usman11

Muhsin, so you are saying your problem with Shekarau has nothing to do with governance, but with his 'treatment' of you and your colleagues who were once loyalists. Is that an accurate characterisation? That he gives you guys the cold shoulder is one thing, but besides that, what exactly has he done "treatmentwise" that offends you people? You said..."the way he treats us". How did he treat you? Be specific.
You also seem to have the opinion that the Governor is deserving of the negative commentary directed at him for deserting you guys. I suppose in the past, you and your group countered those negative propaganda.
While I do not think it is prudent for any elected official to abandon his/her base, but do you not see a problem with your expectation of him? The man was elected to represent an entire state with your 20 or 30 million population. He has all these demands, and interest groups pulling at him from different directions. He has a job to do. He has the state to run. He has resource to manage, and because of the primitive political mindet of the vast majority of the people, he has to make careful but reluctant concessions in order to accomplish very little. Now, in the wake of all that responsibility, you guys keep rearing your heads like that visitor we always want to avoid, and demanding for God knows what. What do you guys want? Ok, you supported him like loyal party supporters would do, and he won. What else do you want? Was your support of the governor not based on shared ideology and values?

If its something else you guys are hoping for (something else like financial reward, appointments, or contracts) then the Governor ought to really ignore you all because that would be abating corruption. True, if the Governor uses his office to grant favors to you or any of his political supporters or allies, it would be a violation of the law. And you all don't want a corrupt Governor do you? So, be appreciative that he won when he did, and that's that. You shouldn't expect any special favors, special treatment, or rewards.

Having said that, you also mentioned that certain derogatory remarks were made about the Governor such as...his father was not a Muslim. So what? How is that even derogatory? Who is the governor? Him or his father? And does his father not have a right to be whatever he wanted to be? I actually find that type of comment very positive. It shows that there is diversity in your state, and that is a good thing.   

Muhsin

I almost always find reading your writing interesting, Usman11. Keep it up.

Well, regarding your questions, I don't think they deserve any response from me as you have shallow understnding, manifestedly, on the whole affair. And the reason is that; you were and are, of course, ill-informed on affairs of places like Kano ALWAYS. One thread, which I have had just responded to, portrays evrything. Everything.

I hope that doesn't hurt in ANY way. Thanks
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

usman11

Muhsin, my undertanding or lack of understanding of Kano politics is not the issue here. You came crying here about being ignored by the governor, and so to fully understand your frusration, I posed some very direct yet simple questions that beg for answers. Your response however was not surprising. You were unable to articulate your disatisfaction, yet you have a grudge against someone. No wonder the Governor has no time to waste. My advice to you....in future if you have a grievance against a former ally, endeavour to communicate and express those feelings with respect and to the point.
And as far as being hurt, we all know who the overly sensitive people on this forum have been. I am just trying to help. You are the one that was dumped by the governor. You are the one being given the cold shoulder. You are the one whose frustrated by the 'treatment' being meted out to you....not me.  ;D