News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

MEND vs FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Started by Dan-Borno, May 19, 2009, 05:51:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

though the full of meaning of Movement for the Emancipation of
Niger Delta but their activities is same or worst than the dreaded
terrorists of other countries.  while it is all agreed that we should
press our demands and channel it to the appropriate means,
resorting to arms and pursuing ones interest is not the best, especially
in times like this one when information is everywhere.

the recent mob action of the above aclaimed organization where 12
soldiers of the federal republic of nigeria were killed is a serious
concern, not only to nigeria, but even cameroon republic, because
of the consequences their action might cause.

just earlier this week, sri lanka ended its almost 30 years war with
a terorist organization of tamil tigers.  it is a known fact that lives
and properties were lost in the process.  government actions against
these type of groups is the best solution, because if the nigerian
government will allow such illegal organizations like MEND to continue
its operation in the Niger Delta which includes kidnapping of innocent
nigerian citizens, legal expatriates, bombing of government institution,
terrorizing communities and threatening government establishments
then gradually, they will declare a full blown war.

i have no problem with the organization putting forward their demand
to the national assembly since they have their representatives. mrs
rebranding nigeria has a lot of work to do these days.

now the joint task force has unleashed terror to the brave ijaw youths
and vowed to get them were ever they are even after destabilizing their
various hideouts.

while i am of the view that government should excercise caution during
their raids as innocent citizens might be captured in the process, i am
appealing to the ijaw youths to come to the table and resolve this thing
amicably.

Araba.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

I'm ambivalent on that happening. The government harsh response is rather called for and warranted. Yet the Niger Deltans deserve pity. Therefore, I remain "neutral".
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

yaron aunty, the issue of remaining neutral does not arise
at all, this is a national issue and a threat to the unity
of this country.  recent happenings and yesterdays stand
of the MEND really shows how ready they are to actualise
their vision and a sign of glory to their struggle.

i am not surprised when ACF aired their comment yesteday
which is rather late, afterall, statement made by ACF is
as good as statement made by the FGN - worthless.

it now remains to the north to decide, may be this struggle
will bring sanity to the nigerian system.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

DB sure you want Nigeria to be divided?

The MEND should stop attacking soldiers or innocent civilians.
Their govornors and chiefs should be held accountable for their hardship.
Shebi dem dey send dem money every month froom the federation account.
Na who dey chop am?Federal government abi state government. Sho!
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Dan-Borno

Quote from: gogannaka on July 18, 2009, 11:34:09 AM
DB sure you want Nigeria to be divided?
yes gogannaka, i dont mind if this country is divided, because more
than 85% of my people from the north has nothing to loose if this
country is divided, may be the likes of rilwan lukmans will be affected
because of their huge billion naira investments in the niger delta, but
for the peasant farmer whose complete life is his farm neither enjoys
the oil money or other monies coming from federation account.

the issue of niger delta is now taking a different dimension, because
baba go slow, the president of niger delta region is succumbing to the
dictation of the militants supported by their greedy governors by granting
them amnesty and in some cases where put on monthly salary/allowance.

yesterday, as part of the amnesty some weapons were shown on the
national tv, the weapons were in fact very old and i doubt if they are
even functional comparing them with the heavy weapons we see on
video clips - who is fooling who?

despite this,

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Dan-Borno

Emergence of new militant group threatens FG's amnesty
Nigeria NotesAug 17, 2009
By Emma Amaize
WARRI—THERE was fresh threat to the amnesty programme of the federal government for militants in the Niger-Delta weekend, as a new militant group, the Urhobo Revolutionary Army (URA), comprising mainly members of the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger-Delta (MEND) emerged to fight the interest of the oil-rich Urhobo ethnic nationality in Delta State.

Delta State Governor, Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan, was understood to have already intervened in the matter, with a member of the Delta Waterways and Security Committee (DWSC) trying to reach out to the militants to quell the uprising.
In a statement on Sunday in Warri, the militant group said "with the blowing- up of the Otorogun Gas Plant, we, the Urhobo Revolutionary Army, announce the Urhobo struggle", demanding control of all economic interests in Urhobo nation.
According to the URA, "we shall no longer accept the present docility and non-existent involvement of the Urhobo nation in the Niger-Delta struggle and therefore, we align fully with Henry Okah's Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger-Delta (MEND), Alhaji Mujahid Dokubo-Asari's Niger-Delta People Volunteer Force (NPDVF), Chief Government Ekpemupolo, alias Tompolo and other freedom fighting forces in the region, which are unshakable in the struggle.
"We condemn with seriousness the sell-out and sit-on-the fence attitude of some Urhobo leaders, like Deacon Gamaliel Onosede, Senator Felix Ibru, Chief James Ibori, His Royal Majesty, Benjamin Okumagba, Chief Ighoyota Amori, Chief Tom Amioku and Chief Omene Sobotie.
"They and their allies are sitting on the fence, pursuing personal and selfish interests against the Urhobo collective interest.   We totally reject the undermining of Urhobo nation, this shall not be tolerated, and we vehemently reject the level of economic advancement and political development of Urhobo youth.
Penultimate week, armed youths blew up a gas pipeline that conveys compressed gas to the Utorogun oil fields, operated by the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) and the Nigeria Gas Company (NGC), with dynamites and other explosives.
It was reliably gathered that the militants who left a flag and documents, listing their demands after the attack ,were demanding N150 million from the Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) for their members that were either killed or injured during a face-off with soldiers when they attacked the gas facility earlier in the year.
A source said the militant group demanded the payment of N10 million for each of six killed members, N6 million each for those injured, development of Ughievwen kingdom and security jobs for them before peace would reign in the area.
Vanguard learnt that the group wrote to the SPDC alerting it of its intention to blow up the gas pipeline if its demands were not met.
The SPDC activated its security machinery and mobilized soldiers but the boys did not come on that day.
Though leaders of the militant group were talking to a community leader on phone on their demands, they caught the soldiers and the company unawares when they struck a fortnight ago, and even when efforts were being stepped up to get them to surrender their arms, they struck again a few days later.
"Currently, the group poses a serious threat to the amnesty programme of the federal government and Governor Emmanuel Uduaghan is doing everything to stop them. The governor is not around now, but his people are discussing with the boys.
"Once he is back, I am sure he would find a way of meeting with their leader to personally listen to their demands and know how to tackle them", the source said.
A group, which claimed to be Ughievwen Youth Body Fighters, reportedly had earlier claimed responsibility for the attack on the pipeline and they left banner, flier and leaflets.
In one of the documents signed by one Idi-Amin and Ogigi as leaders, the group said they would carry out more attacks until their demands were met.
Vanguard learnt that a vigilante group had been formed at the instance of a community leader in the area to check the activities of the new militant group.
"A new gas gathering plant is to be established in our area soon, we also know that the SPDC is expanding the Otorogun gas plant, new jobs will come for our people and these things cannot be done if there is no peace in the area, so we are appealing to the boys to give peace a chance.   They too will benefit from the jobs," a member of the vigilante group stated.

waduz

After the expiration of the amnesty deadline, i believe all the militant groups might have surrendered. But if that did not happen, then the FG will have no any other option but to declare emergency in the region. If that happens then there will be war to flush out militants. Might be for now, the FG is being cautious until the amnesty granted to them to end by October.

Dan-Borno

malam waduz, the amnesty will expire, but i am assuring you that
nothing will be achieved.  the aim of these boyz and their god
fathers is to acquire enough money and recognition from the govt
and what they are doing is paying off.  the news i posted before
your reply is an indication that movements for emancipation can
be born at any stage of the amnesty - we are not suppose to
negotiate with terrorists, because its an act of cowardice.

the last bombing of some areas of the niger delter has caused some
roar from both the media and their god fathers, accusing the federal
government of killing and displacing innocent civilians.

a raba kawai, muma ta ishemu hakan, ko kuma muma mu fara yakin
sunkuru a nan arewa lol  ;D  8)