News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

The coming of our prophets (Peace be upon them) from one geographical area.

Started by Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu, June 07, 2009, 04:33:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu

Assalamu alaikum, In the Name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful.

I was, last three weeks ago, discussing some contemporary life issues with a fellow African from Ruwanda (but a Christian ) in Ukraine, and while on, he asked me a question: "why did all your muslim prophets come from one geographical area (the middle East)?"   I was astonished with such a question and my heartbeat began to elevate because I did not know the answer to this gentleman's question. I resorted to reciting Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi-raji'un. Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, there and then, gave me the caurage of telling this person that, "I do not know but will find out and tell you later".
         I, afterwards started checking in the web for any clue to this question but could not find a satisfactory result.
         My dear Muslim brothers and sisters, can we cross fingers? Is there any wisdom behind the coming of our prophets (May Allah's Peace be upon them) from one geographical area (the middle East)?
"It is not the strongest species that survive nor the most intelligent, but the ones that are more responsive to change"
                               ~ Charles Darwin ~

"You can not hold a man down without staying down with him".

Muhsin

Wa'alaika Salam,

After seeing your question, Abbas, I posed it to many people who I thought knew the answer but no one amongst them came up with anything so convincing. Yet some inputs are meaningful and maybe helpful. Here is what I "resolved" taking:

Actually there were 124000 messengers through out the world not just Middle East, and about four or more than 4 of them were given books. But Islam has only told us about 20 or so of these. All the rest were only said to have been sent.

Moreover,the holy Qur'an mentions Prophet Nuh (AS), prophet Hud (AS), prophet Saleh (AS), prophet Shoaib (AS) and their nations in detail because they were known by the people of makkah and because of their trade routes to these places.

Wallahu a'alam.

Muhsin
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu

Thanks Muhsin, your contribution, and many anticipated ones will actually help. May Allah Bless us and Guide us in our efforts, Ameen.
                                                  Wassalamu alaikum
"It is not the strongest species that survive nor the most intelligent, but the ones that are more responsive to change"
                               ~ Charles Darwin ~

_Waziri_

Salamun Alaikum,

Doctor,

I think for those who believe prophets come from one geographical area they can defend that easily with a counter question asking why the eyes, nose, mouth, ears and brains which are arguably the most important organs of human being are located only on the head part of the body leaving other parts bearing less significance? If we can find answer to that then we can also find answer to why prophets are found in more concentration in the middle east.

To me actually, I see middle east as a center of activism in the world, in other words, the happening ground of the world which the whole humanity look up to till today as we can see every politician, business man,  religious leader or social thinker goes there even in these days. So the truth of the matter is  the prophets also went there not that they were actually from there.

For example, who can say on any good authority that Adam was white or Arab or black? For me I think he was black. Who can say Noah was white, Arab, Jewish or black? For me he was black. There are many even among the 25 mentioned in the Qur'an even the Ulul Azm 5 , Ibraheem, Isah, Musa, Muhammad, Noah( p b.u them) that black race can claim, for even Musa(as) who was in Egypt, land of the blacks then, was argued somewhere in favour of him being black by race. After all when  his hand turned white by that miracle did it mean it turned white as paper? Can that make sense? No. It turned white , light in complexion only because he was black then! Yes, there are black Jews.

So to me prophets did not come from one geographical area, the middle east. They only went there being it the center of world activism since ever.

Waziri

Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu

Assalamu alaikum,
                       Mallam Waziri, the second part of your contribution will really help explain some aspects of the subject at hand. As regards the second, though you have not made mension your bases of saying so, I would like to make some clarification, thus, the human body is integrated, very dynamic, self-directing and self-regulating, and as such, there is no one single organ or group of organs that we can say are more important. May Allah Guide us, ameen.
                                                           Ma'aslam.
                               ~ Charles Darwin ~