News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

In Rana ta fito tafin hannu baya kareta!

Started by Jibo, June 07, 2009, 07:35:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakangizo

Quote from: Dan-Borno on July 24, 2009, 07:07:52 PM

jibo made a very clear example of the songs these boys released
in reply to zango, akwai kazamin waka ma irin ta yarannan, but
because its a little bit soft on the side of the government, they
were even invited to perform during the may 29 somewhere in
kano government house.

This is the kind of story ppl create in order to spead malicious rumours. I want jibo to tell me where in govt house were K-Boyz invited and performed. Who invited them? Were they invited alone, or with other musicians? Even if they were invited, what's wrong with that? Are you saying no other musicians were ever invited or had ever played in the govt house? So if they had played, most likely with others, doesn't this goes to prove my point that the state govt was not on pesonal vendetta against them? Doesn't the state govt even sponsored some musical group to an international event? So what are we talking about?

In the Rapacious Rap thread by Prof. Abdalla, he said this,
Quote from: Abdalla on November 16, 2008, 11:30:01 PM
When the Kano State Censorship under Mal. Rabo became some kind of Taliban for the popular culture industry in Kano, musicians (or more accurately, lyricists) quickly banded themselves and released an underground song, Ki Yi Shiru Maryam Baba (which was instantly renamed Rabon Wahala)

The fact the Mal. Rabo was a former Commander of Hisbah Corps (moral police) and was indeed fond of his Hisbah uniform is not lost on those who listened -- and love the song. From my inside sources, Mal. Rabo heard the song and was apparently unhappy with the radio play it was receiving from Radio Freedom. He seemed to have complained, and they suddenly stopped airing it. However, my fieldwork indicates he did not do such thing. If anything, he actually loved the song and had it mobile phone! He says it is a good song that urges leaders to be careful and merciful in what they do -- and there is nothing wrong with that.
But the most fiery invective was from Adam Zango -- a session musician turned into an actor, and later Nanaye singer when the acting seemed to have slipped him. he recorded a song, A Zango Oyoyo. It was a blistering attack on Kano State and, particularly the Governor, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau.
One group that took exception to the song was the K-Boyz -- a duo (stripped from four) of hard core Hausa rappers. After listening to Zango's song, they went to the studio and recorded a blistering counter-attack which they call Bingo. Recorded with a hard core beat, it is the classical Parental Advisory candidate that you see on some rap CDs. Due to its abusive contents, the song was not played on any radio station in Kano, but became a hit -- gaining popularity through being transferred via bluetooth.

Abdalla

Sharri dai bashi da amfani. Ayi hattara.

Jibo

Haba BKG, find out from the beginning of this thread to the end, there is nowhere I said that The Govt. of Kano state invited K-boyz! You are being decisive by the illusion of your imagination. It is BD that makes the statement. However, Nobody supports that 'badala' be perpetuated in the society. We shall have first self-censorship before any person or authority claims to censor our creativity. What we are saying is that there is no open justice nor is there fair play. I know of some songs that have been released  for sale to the public without the Censorship Board's approval, but the artist have never been proscuted. Ala's crime is not of 'badala' but that he did not pass his songs through the Board. The truth is that did he truly release an album for sale for public consumption without censorship? Or is there any underpinning reason, an attempt to settle a score or create a damaging effect against someone?

There are wise ways of doing things with hikma and excellent wisdom!
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

HUSNAA

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on July 26, 2009, 12:08:37 PM
Quote from: Dan-Borno on July 24, 2009, 07:07:52 PM

jibo made a very clear example of the songs these boys released
in reply to zango, akwai kazamin waka ma irin ta yarannan, but
because its a little bit soft on the side of the government, they
were even invited to perform during the may 29 somewhere in
kano government house.

This is the kind of story ppl create in order to spead malicious rumours. I want jibo to tell me where in govt house were K-Boyz invited and performed. Who invited them? Were they invited alone, or with other musicians? Even if they were invited, what's wrong with that? Are you saying no other musicians were ever invited or had ever played in the govt house? So if they had played, most likely with others, doesn't this goes to prove my point that the state govt was not on pesonal vendetta against them? Doesn't the state govt even sponsored some musical group to an international event? So what are we talking about?

In the Rapacious Rap thread by Prof. Abdalla, he said this,
Quote from: Abdalla on November 16, 2008, 11:30:01 PM
When the Kano State Censorship under Mal. Rabo became some kind of Taliban for the popular culture industry in Kano, musicians (or more accurately, lyricists) quickly banded themselves and released an underground song, Ki Yi Shiru Maryam Baba (which was instantly renamed Rabon Wahala)

The fact the Mal. Rabo was a former Commander of Hisbah Corps (moral police) and was indeed fond of his Hisbah uniform is not lost on those who listened -- and love the song. From my inside sources, Mal. Rabo heard the song and was apparently unhappy with the radio play it was receiving from Radio Freedom. He seemed to have complained, and they suddenly stopped airing it. However, my fieldwork indicates he did not do such thing. If anything, he actually loved the song and had it mobile phone! He says it is a good song that urges leaders to be careful and merciful in what they do -- and there is nothing wrong with that.
But the most fiery invective was from Adam Zango -- a session musician turned into an actor, and later Nanaye singer when the acting seemed to have slipped him. he recorded a song, A Zango Oyoyo. It was a blistering attack on Kano State and, particularly the Governor, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau.
One group that took exception to the song was the K-Boyz -- a duo (stripped from four) of hard core Hausa rappers. After listening to Zango's song, they went to the studio and recorded a blistering counter-attack which they call Bingo. Recorded with a hard core beat, it is the classical Parental Advisory candidate that you see on some rap CDs. Due to its abusive contents, the song was not played on any radio station in Kano, but became a hit -- gaining popularity through being transferred via bluetooth.

Abdalla

Sharri dai bashi da amfani. Ayi hattara.

To ai kaji irin ta BKG, shiga shara ba shanu. Wannan statement din naka cewa sharri dai bashi da amfani, aiyi hattara is clearly implying that the prof made allegations without proofs. You dont know that yrself, but yr statement is so categorical that a first timer on this board will instantly idolize u as a beacon of justice and impartiality ahem ahem...while  we know from very reliable sources that tun lokacin da shekarau ya kai ruwan pampo unguwar ku, he can do no wrong again ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

bakangizo

Quote from: HUSNAA on July 29, 2009, 12:30:30 AM
To ai kaji irin ta BKG, shiga shara ba shanu. Wannan statement din naka cewa sharri dai bashi da amfani, aiyi hattara is clearly implying that the prof made allegations without proofs. You dont know that yrself, but yr statement is so categorical that a first timer on this board will instantly idolize u as a beacon of justice and impartiality ahem ahem...while  we know from very reliable sources that tun lokacin da shekarau ya kai ruwan pampo unguwar ku, he can do no wrong again ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Haba, hajia, yaya kike yi min haka? You very well know that I was not referring to the Prof. In fact I used his post to butress my points that contrary to most opinions here, The Censor Board was not on a destruction mission against them. That's why I quoted and put in bold where Prof. Stated that Mohammed Rabo even had Maryam's song (the one she sang against the censor board) on his phone. Plus the fact that when wannan sakaran Zango abused the Gorvernor, the K-Boyz retaliated, but no radio station aired their song, bcos the content wasn't palatable. YOu know my counsel against sharri is directed towards people here who seem to derive joy from posting assertions gainst the govt, without any shred of evidence. Wannan mischief ne kawai kike so ki kawo ;D ;D

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Muhsin or BKGZ could you please put up the lyrics from the song that 'ala' released so that we stop making empty accusations.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Jibo

Thank you GGNK, We need to have the lyrics to enable put our opinions!
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

bakangizo

Quote from: Jibo on July 28, 2009, 11:15:52 AM
Haba BKG, find out from the beginning of this thread to the end, there is nowhere I said that The Govt. of Kano state invited K-boyz!

You are right. My mistake. Sorry.

QuoteWhat we are saying is that there is no open justice nor is there fair play. I know of some songs that have been released  for sale to the public without the Censorship Board's approval, but the artist have never been proscuted.

How do you define justice in this case? Isn't it obvious from all these accusations and counter that "justice" depends on our sentiments? And would you please care to  tell us those who released songs/albums that were not censored and got away freely? And assuming that were true, are you saying since Mr. 'A' has committed an offence and got away with it, Mr. 'B' should also be allowed to do same?

QuoteAla's crime is not of 'badala' but that he did not pass his songs through the Board. The truth is that did he truly release an album for sale for public consumption without censorship? Or is there any underpinning reason, an attempt to settle a score or create a damaging effect against someone?

You tell us ;) You seem to have an inside feeler on all this. So tell us. Comb through ALA's songs, was there any thing damaging or destructive against the govt or its agents/officials, strong enough to warrant staging this (his arrest) as a revenge? Ko a waje kaji yayi wa gwamnati wani abu da zai sa suyi anfani da censorboard don kawai su ci masa mutunci? In akwai ka gaya mana, mu karu.

Why must we always ascribe meanings to everythhing the govt did? Must the govt ALWAYS have ulterior motives in discharging it duties?

Quote from:  gogannakaMuhsin or BKGZ could you please put up the lyrics from the song that 'ala' released so that we stop making empty accusations.

goga ai ina ji maganar ba ta lyrics bace a nan. The insinuation here is that the govt has a hidden agenda in arresting him. As  I understand it, he released or purpoted to have released a song without passing it to the Censor board as is the requirement. That was what people were questioning here.

Quote from:  jiboThank you GGNK, We need to have the lyrics to enable put our opinions

A'a. Ashe kai da ka fara maganar baka san lyrics din bama? On what then were you basing your argument? What where you contending?

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on July 29, 2009, 12:17:39 PM
Muhsin or BKGZ could you please put up the lyrics from the song that 'ala' released so that we stop making empty accusations.
Quote from: Jibo on July 30, 2009, 09:43:46 AM
Thank you GGNK, We need to have the lyrics to enable put our opinions!

You guys really surprise me; haven't you ever listen to that lyric? I wonder whats then the base of your accusations? Isn't that...? :o

In a briefest words: Ala curses whoever is not in support of their actions. And he prays for Allah to inflict them with all sorts of diseases, illness and the likes you could ever think of in this world.

I'll later respond more fully, inshaAllah.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Jibo

Quote from: Muhsin on August 01, 2009, 12:27:02 PM
You guys really surprise me; haven't you ever listen to that lyric? I wonder whats then the base of your accusations? Isn't that...? :o
In a briefest words: Ala curses whoever is not in support of their actions. And he prays for Allah to inflict them with all sorts of diseases, illness and the likes you could ever think of in this world.
I'll later respond more fully, inshaAllah.

Ala and those who sang 'Hasbunallahi', 'Tsangayar Kura', 'Walle-walle', 'Alaika Tawakalna' and 'An kashe maciji" spoke of their enemies not of those who dislike their action? BESIDES what action are you talking about. Muhsin listen to the songs very well. They have even prayed for their enemies for Allah's guidance and on the alternative, if the enemy cannot be guided by Allah, they invoke Allah's wrath on them. That is what everybody does about his known enemies or suspected enemy. If you consider yourself as their enemy, then they are referring to you and of you consider you are against their sana'a ta waka, they you are at it!

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on July 31, 2009, 08:26:42 AM
How do you define justice in this case? Isn't it obvious from all these accusations and counter that "justice" depends on our sentiments? And would you please care to  tell us those who released songs/albums that were not censored and got away freely? And assuming that were true, are you saying since Mr. 'A' has committed an offence and got away with it, Mr. 'B' should also be allowed to do same?

You tell us ;) You seem to have an inside feeler on all this. So tell us. Comb through ALA's songs, was there any thing damaging or destructive against the govt or its agents/officials, strong enough to warrant staging this (his arrest) as a revenge? Ko a waje kaji yayi wa gwamnati wani abu da zai sa suyi anfani da censorboard don kawai su ci masa mutunci? In akwai ka gaya mana, mu karu.

Why must we always ascribe meanings to everythhing the govt did? Must the govt ALWAYS have ulterior motives in discharging it duties?

goga ai ina ji maganar ba ta lyrics bace a nan. The insinuation here is that the govt has a hidden agenda in arresting him. As  I understand it, he released or purpoted to have released a song without passing it to the Censor board as is the requirement. That was what people were questioning here.

A'a. Ashe kai da ka fara maganar baka san lyrics din bama? On what then were you basing your argument? What where you contending?
Probably there could some other version of the lyrics I know and or some other stories I may not know.
I know of an album that has no been censored by the BOARD AND i DREW THE ATTENTION OF OF one of the officers of the Board and who confirmrd to me that it was not issued with a certificate  and from the CD plate there some utterances that ought not  be allowed according to the Board's criterai but it was released. I am conducting a reserach and as soon as Ia m through I will let you have the full gist abou my findings and conclusion.

Muhsin

Assalamu alaikum,

I had actually intended to talk tall regarding this very issue as I promised. But seeing the change in the direction of argument lead me to have a change of mind/intention. What I mean here is that; I read that Jibo, who hadn't listened to the song then has now listened to it.

Well, I agree with what you said the grotesque folks say in the song in a way. Why in a way? You "silently" buried some words the glaringly and openly say, also. And let me tell you; am one of Ala's fans, for his songs, at least many of them, make sense. That's why they are beginning to enter into academic rigor. But yana nema ya bata rawarsa da tsalle. I use to say Ala's star is simultaneously at its peak of shining and bereft of so doing. Thus if he doesn't re-play his cards. . .I fear him the happening of the worst.

More over, it's gathered that his prime target in the song is the government. And with irrefutable evidences. He thinks he can out-smart people because he's a poet/singer--they have unarmed weapon to fight back government. LOL ;D He fools himself there.

And, lets assume they had not uncover his hidden mission, why the song? Ala got everything from the gov't. And he should put into cognizance that being free (e.g. via song, using indirect language ) to give offence does not mean you are wise to give offence, right?

Kai...maganar da yawa.

Later...

Muhsin

Assalamu alaikum,

I heard on the news that Bashir Dandago and one other who sang Hasbunallah song were arrested yesterday. And the remaining folks are on chase and would soon be apprehended as well. Too bad for the fellows.

Jibo

Quote from: Muhsin on August 08, 2009, 01:54:01 PM
Assalamu alaikum,
I heard on the news that Bashir Dandago and one other who sang Hasbunallah song were arrested yesterday. And the remaining folks are on chase and would soon be apprehended as well. Too bad for the fellows.

Before that, have you not heard that Rabo was summonned by the police to answer some questions based on some allegations made against him?

Is that arrest not related to Ala's case? Is this not bita da kulli? The Board shall make a clear distinction between Hausa Film Industry and Contemporary Hausa Lyrical Poets.

Besides Dandago was accused of releasing a song for public consumption without the blessing of the Board: read Sunday Trust, Please. I have already spoken about this above. Muhsin we are trying to be objective. I have not found any of the songs in the streets for sale or for public consumption! What the censorship Board is doing is...

Muhsin

Quote from: Jibo on August 10, 2009, 11:46:00 AM
Before that, have you not heard that Rabo was summonned by the police to answer some questions based on some allegations made against him?

They are two entire different cases. The allegations were made by Kanywood trolls--saying he calls them lesbians, gays, fornicators and adulterers. Period.

QuoteIs that arrest not related to Ala's case? Is this not bita da kulli? The Board shall make a clear distinction between Hausa Film Industry and Contemporary Hausa Lyrical Poets.

Answered above.

QuoteBesides Dandago was accused of releasing a song for public consumption without the blessing of the Board: read Sunday Trust, Please. I have already spoken about this above. Muhsin we are trying to be objective. I have not found any of the songs in the streets for sale or for public consumption! What the censorship Board is doing is...

Is what? Feel free to explain it.

Moreover, whay should Dandago and Kabiru Maulana released that song without its being scrutinized by the Board? Are they new-comers in Kano? Nope. Then their action called for the Board's response I think, right?

Haven't I been objective?

Jibo

You can be fair if you really know the truth! It is difficult to deny an open truth!