News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

This Forum Is Dead!

Started by GoodFella, July 10, 2009, 04:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodFella

Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
— Og Mandino (Motivational Author & Speaker)

Dan-Borno

it is true goodfella, it took me days to reply to your
question.  the forum is dead because unlike other forums around the
globe, it is less innovative, less entertaining and not fragile for
its users.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

magarya

Salam,

The forum may be dead, but we are not. May be this is what we should live/die for (as 2pac says).

bakangizo

Quote from: magarya on July 17, 2009, 01:17:53 PM
Salam,

The forum may be dead, but we are not. May be this is what we should live/die for (as 2pac says).

Thank you. It is really tedious this cry of 'the place is dead, the place is dead'. It is boring hearing this over and over and over... I didn't even want to bother to reply to this thread but for your post.

And welcome to the forum, by the way. 8)

Dan-Borno

muhsin why are you whyring me? karya na fada?
wanna shine ra'ayina, we have been to other
forums and its getting exciting each day.

Kai kuma Manager, i reserve my comment, mun san
inda za mu kama ka.

Magarya sannu da zuwa
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

magarya

Quote from: Dan-Borno on July 20, 2009, 05:17:32 PM
wanna shine ra'ayina, we have been to other

Kai kuma Manager, i reserve my comment, mun san
inda za mu kama ka.

Magarya sannu da zuwa

It seems you guys knew each other, that's another reason to believe this forum isn't dead!!

Muhsin

Quote from: Dan-Borno on July 20, 2009, 05:17:32 PM
wanna shine ra'ayina,
we have been to other

I didn't ask how; I rather simply say why? Understand?

It is an irrefutable fact that the place is wholly deserted and it easily piss one off. But why is is so? Is the prob lie with us--members, the forum itself, the admin or who/what?

Cheerio!

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on July 27, 2009, 11:43:28 PM
Ai sai mu tattara kayan mu muyi gaba.

the exciting ppl ne have left the forum unfortunately. Nima if i am so inclined i might leave it. but i hardly visit other forums; the 'excitement' (as DB puts it), will kill me   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D. So I prefer a dead forum, at least a dead forum cannot not give me a heart attack and so I will live.....   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

PS some unexciting ppl have also left the forum or have become dormant thank God!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

Nima i don't have the patience to be following all those them nairaland,NVS etc.
Very annoying.

Who might be the uninteresting members if i may ask?

HUSNAA

Lol u may not ask GGNK!! You want my throat to cut my tongue ko?  ;D :o :o :o ;D ;D

gogannaka

LOL
Ni kuma i believe the forum is not so lively because most if us know ourselves and we are very cautious when saying things.
Kowa yana son ya kare mutuncin shi and most don't want to disappoint other members.
Example,i wouldn't want to disappoint you,Husnaa,or DB or BKGZ because i wouldn't want to jeopardize the good relationship between us.

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on July 28, 2009, 07:29:22 PM
LOL
Ni kuma i believe the forum is not so lively because most if us know ourselves and we are very cautious when saying things.
Kowa yana son ya kare mutuncin shi and most don't want to disappoint other members.
Example,i wouldn't want to disappoint you,Husnaa,or DB or BKGZ because i wouldn't want to jeopardize the good relationship between us.

Its not that ggnk. One cant jeopardize a relationship based on mutual understanding, no matter what's said cos the sum total is more important than the individual pieces and thats what one looks at when making a final assessment of character.

Muhsin

Assalamu alaikum,

Yeah. . .its not just that, GGNK, as put auntie Husnaa. For example; don't you see I part ways with even her (Husnaa) on some issues, my calling her auntie notwithstanding? ;D ;D ;D And many other examples. I just feel I have an autonomy to say what I have in mind here--although without over crossing the bounderies of common sense as well as decency, right?

And the forum is undeniably dead because we are what we are, i.e. 'yan arewa.

More-over, I personally greatly enjoy my time on other fora especially fora like nairaland and some islamic ones.