News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Using CD-ROMs and DVD-ROMs 2

Started by bamalli, July 27, 2009, 08:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamalli

Windows Vista - Putting Files on a CD

Question: My computer has Windows Vista on it. How do I copy files to a CD?

Answer:
It's much easier in Vista than it ever was before, in any previous Windows version.

Put the CD in the drive. The AutoPlay window will open; click on Burn files to disc using Windows. In the next window that displays, you can name your CD if you like. Click in the box next to Disc Title, erase whatever text is in there, and type the name of your CD. Click the Next button when you're done.

A window will display with a list of drives and folders in the pane on the left and a large blank area on the right. Find the files you want to put on the CD and drag them into that blank area. When you are done, right click on the CD/DVD drive in the left pane (if you can't see it, double click on Computer). A menu will open; left click on Eject. Windows will close the session and open the drive. Remove the disk and you're done.

~~

CD and DVD Burners

Question: I would like to put some important files on a CD just in case something happens to my computer. How do I know if my CD drive can save files?

The following is from worldstart.com

Open up your CD/DVD ROM drive and look on the front of the tray. There should be some sort of logo written on the very front of the tray telling you if it's a burner or not. If it just says something like "CD Drive," there probably isn't a burner there. If it says CD/DVD R-RW, you do have a burner. That's the easiest way to tell.

The other thing you can do is look in the Device Manager. To get there, right click on the My Computer icon on your desktop. Choose Properties and then click on the Hardware tab. Once you're there, click on the Device Manager button and you will be taken to a list of all the hardware you have on your system. Double click on DVD/CD ROM Drive to expand it. If an extension comes up that says something like CD-RW or DVD-RW, you have a burner. If anything comes up at all, you more than likely already have a burner in your computer.