News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Boko Haram back with a vengeance (!)

Started by Cekenah, August 14, 2009, 09:58:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cekenah

http://allafrica.com/stories/200908140646.html
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2009/08/14/boko-haram-ressurects-declares-total-jihad/

The Islamic sect Boko Haram has declared total Jihad in Nigeria, threatening to Islamise the entire nation by force of war.

In a statement dated August 9, 2009, and made available to Vanguard, the sect whose activities led to the lost of hundreds of lives in northern Nigeria recently declared that their leader Yusuf who was killed in controversial circumstances during the crisis, lives forever.

In what looked like a declaration of war on the rest of the nation, the Boko Haram sect said it will unleash terror in Southern Nigeria this August, beginning with the bombing of Lagos, Ibadan, Enugu to make good its words.

Vanguard reproduces the statement below as issued by Boko Haram.

WE SPEAK AS BOKO HARAM

For the first time since the Killing of Mallam Mohammed Yusuf, our leader, we hereby make the following statements.

1) First of all that Boko Haram does not in any way mean 'Western Education is A sin' as the infidel media continue to portray us. Boko Haram actually means 'Western Civilisation' is forbidden. The difference is that while the first gives the impression that we are opposed to formal education coming from the West, that is Europe, which is not true, the second affirms our believe in the supremacy of Islamic culture (not Education), for culture is broader, it includes education but not determined by Western Education.

In this case we are talking of Western Ways of life which include: constitutional provision as if relates to, for instance the rights and privileges of Women, the idea of homosexualism, lesbianism, sanctions in cases of terrible crimes like drug trafficking, rape of infants, multi-party democracy in an overwhelmingly Islamic country like Nigeria, blue films, prostitution, drinking beer and alcohol and many others that are opposed to Islamic civilisation.

2) That the Boko Haram is an Islamic Revolution which impact is not limited to Northern Nigeria, in fact, we are spread across all the 36 states in Nigeria, and Boko Haram is just a version of the Al Qaeda which we align with and respect. We support Osama bin Laden, we shall carry out his command in Nigeria until the country is totally Islamised which is according to the wish of Allah.

3) That Mallam Yusuf has not died in vain and he is a martyr. His ideas will live for ever.

4) That Boko Haram lost over 1000 of our Marty members killed by the wicked Nigerian army and police mostly of Southern Nigeria extraction. That the Southern states, especially the infidel Yoruba, Igbon and Ijaw infidels will be our immediate target.

5) That the killing of our leaders in a callous, wicked and malicious manner will not in any way deter us. They have lost their lives in the struggle for Allah.

Having made the following statement we hereby reinstate our demands:

1) That we have started a Jihad in Nigeria which no force on earth can stop. The aim is to Islamise Nigeria and ensure the rule of the majority Muslims in the country. We will teach Nigeria a lesson, a very bitter one.

2) That from the Month of August, we shall carry out series of bombing in Southern and Northern Nigerian cities, beginning with Lagos, Ibadan, Enugu and Port Harcourt. The bombing will not stop until Sharia and Western Civilisation is wiped off from Nigeria( ??? Sharia too?). We will not stop until these evil cities are tuned into ashes.

3) That we shall make the country ungovernable, kill and eliminate irresponsible political leaders of all leanings, hunt and gun down those who oppose the rule of Sharia in Nigeria and ensure that the infidel does not go unpunished.

4) We promise the West and Southern Nigeria, a horrible pastime. We shall focus on these areas which is the devil empire and has been the one encouraging and sponsoring Western Civilisation into the shores of Nigeria.

5) We call on all Northerners in the Islamic States to quit the follower ship of the wicked political parties leading the country, the corrupt, irresponsible, criminal, murderous political leadership, and join the struggle for Islamic Society that will be corruption free, Sodom free, where security will be guaranteed and there will be peace under Islam.

6) That very soon, we shall stir Lagos, the evil city and Nigeria's South West and South East, in a way no one has ever done before. Al Hakubarah

ITS EITHER YOU ARE FOR US OR AGAINST US

Mallam Sanni Umaru

Acting Leader Boko Haram

Signed: August 09, 2009

Copyright © 2009 Vanguard. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com).
AllAfrica - All the Time

Dan-Borno

unfortunately, this story, as it is, is cooked up by a niger delta,
there is no doubt about this one.  boko haram started in maiduguri
and i knew it very well. 

no where did they ever mention either in their lectures (audio is
available everywhere) or in written that they are going to fight
yoruba, igbo or ijaw - look, an average boko haram member never
knew beyond kano and hausa language, even the languages in
some part of the north he doesnt know.

during the interview of muhammad yusuf, their group leader, he
categorically mentioned the states they have presence and he
did not mention any state from the middle belt not to talk of the
southern part of this country.

the headquarters of the boko haram is in maiduguri, this means
most of them reside here, even upon that, this group can not
boast of 10,000 membership.

i dont know what the writer means by western civilization? but
the mission of muhammad yusuf as he keeps saying in all his audio
tapes is western education is evil, this can be attested by the
fact that a number of university graduates who agreed with him
tore their certificates into pieces while those who work in government
establishments put their resignation.

thank you cekeneh, no wonder you were even surprised when in the
statements, the writer out of excitement wrote "That from the Month
of August, we shall carry out series of bombing in Southern and Northern
Nigerian cities, beginning with Lagos, Ibadan, Enugu and Port Harcourt.
The bombing will not stop until Sharia and Western Civilisation is wiped
off from Nigeria(  Sharia too?). We will not stop until these evil cities are
tuned into ashes" lol.

The misspelling of Allahu Akbar (Al Hakubarah) is a clear evidence to show our readers
that this is nothing but a bluff and i am highly dissapointed that such a
reputable newspaper house that is expected to create peace and stability
by verifying information before going to the press.

i know nigeria is in a stage that requires quick fixing before it disintegrates,
however, using another groups voice to air your grievances is an act of
cowardice and shouldnt be encourage by any sensible organization.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Baruti M. Kamau

Nigeria is a British creation.  Just like the other African countries are nothing but the outcome of European colonialism.  A bigger federation with more states and a merger with a neighboring country should help reduce the trend toward self-destruction.

Muhsin

Very good input, DB.

This very fallacious (or even fraudulent) news has been circulating Nigerian forums. I always wonder how these fellows got those hellish stuff and with gusto start spreading them. I, along with other fair-minded Nigerians, yesterday flatly debunked this far-fetched story on some of these forums.

Allah ya kyauta.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Baruti M. Kamau

Abokina Muhsin, they don't understand "Yau da gobe sai Allah."  Ko gani ko abokina?

neozizo

DB is very right.

Any1 who knows the 'Boko Haram' movement knows that this statement is bogus.
Please people dont take it seriously.

HUSNAA

Neo zizo in mutum yana son abu, kuma a ka dauka aka bashi, ba zai karba da hannu bibbiyu ba? To haka wa'yanda suke ta yada wannan labaran ba wa'yansu bane illa makiyan musulunci da musulmai kuma mara su son a zauna lafiya. Allah Dai Ya Takai ta. ameen
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

usman11

Dan Borno,
Do you really have any solid proof that the story up there is a Niger-Deltan fabrication? I doubt it. Did a Niger-Deltan also orchestrate Boko Haram's assault on a police station some weeks ago? Look all this denials are dangerous and helps fuel future violent confrontations by this and other terrorist groups in the north. For years now, you and others have been denying repeat occurrence of a very real threat. When are you going to recognize the reality that these jihadist groups are a clear and present danger not only to non Muslim southerners but to Northern Muslims as well? We'll hopefully, you wake up soon enough. And the idea that merging Nigeria with more crazy countries like chad and Niger will bring about stability is completely idiotic. If the damn place is not stable now, what is the rationale that adding merging other fanatical societies to it will calm things down? My goodness! I can't believe such an idea was even expressed. The more logical thing to do would be to break up the damn country into different parts. The Sharia states can form their own Sharia Republic and go their separate way. This way, they can freely establish an Islamic charter which is the core of their problem as often voiced. They should then establish their borders, immigration, government, etc. Anyone opposed to their system of governance can relocate and resettle at the other side.

The Western Yoruba states can form their Oduduwa Republic as well and control their own affairs. The Niger-Delta region should then form the Independent Republic of Deltona with its capital in Duke Town Calabar, Uyo, or Port Harcourt.

The middle Belt should carve out its own commonwealth and become independent from the north which is what they would do anyhow. This thing is simple. The people that make up the failed nation of Nigeria can indeed have peace if my solution is adopted.

In any case, I strongly think the Federal government needs to start to investigation some of the terrorist sympathizers on this forum. It is possible with your incessant rationalization of violence that some of you are or may have provided material support to these terrorist, and that makes you accomplices to crimes against humanity.

admin

Go ahead and name the people you want to have investigated from this Online Forum usman11!!!

If this is the kind of things you wish for our members, then you really should NOT be here at this forum!!!
Kaini Kano ko a buhun barkono!!!

usman11

Admin, this is not the time for unnecessary posturing. Some contributors on this forum have openly admitted to studying with some very radical sects responsible for some terrorist acts in Nigeria. Some of those same persons have expressed sympathy for these dangerous groups even though not totally endorsing the entire teachings of the groups. Listen, in any security conscious society in this day and age, those persons will at the very list be under some form of security watch. I hope you can at least understand this line of reasoning. Not to expose your double standard and hypocrisy, but let me remind you that just last week, several members of this forum were here castigating the security agencies in the country for not being proactive in uncovering Boko Haram's devilish mass murder plot. They heaped blames on the security agencies, the police, and everyone else but the culprits of the mayhem. You remained silent then. So in my previous piece, I suggested that the same law enforcement agencies log into forums like this and others (according to Al Jazeera news, terror groups actively use on line forums, chat mediums, and radical websites to spread their message and as a recruiting tool) to investigate possible connections, affiliations, and just do good old policing on line so these forums are not utilized for any criminal activity that may result in the loss of life. You should be thanking me for my vigilance and NOT coaxing me to leave. Does my presence on this forum threaten you that much? Have I put a sword to anyone's neck? Have I harmed anyone? Have I made any woman a widow or any child an orphan? HELL NO!!!! I value human life. Perhaps you do not, but I do. This is why I denounce in clear and strong terms anything that puts human life at risk, whether it is the sword, the gun, or a totally demented ideology.

Muhsin

I wonder when has telling truth about something becomes synonymous with supporting that thing.

I wonder how some peoples' intelligence (if they have any) leave their body when it comes to telling the truth that hangs just under their noses.

I wonder why some people are so shameless to tell lies.

I wonder how some people never get tired in depending lies, fabrications, fraudulence, etc

I wonder when some people would get to know all these things.

I wonder if Usman11 will ever get the meaning of my words.

Thanks for your (everyone) understanding.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Baruti M. Kamau

I have a bigger comment concerning this topic.  I will post it before I go on vacation Friday morning.  I will be writing from a pure black American Muslim perspective who have some personal experience with the clash between Northern and Southern Nigeria (specifically Sabon Gari riots Kano state 1991 and Kaduna riots 1991).

Dan-Borno

Quote from: usman11 on August 17, 2009, 03:54:32 PM
Dan Borno,
Do you really have any solid proof that the story up there is a Niger-Deltan fabrication?

no, I dont have any solid proof, but if you have read my post with an
open mind, you will visibly see where i highlighted some very silly errors
that should'nt be to support my doubt about that so called pres release.

however, on the other hand, do you have any solid proof to pin the above
statement to members of boko haram?

The Western Yoruba states can form their Oduduwa Republic as well and control their own affairs. The Niger-Delta region should then form the Independent Republic of Deltona with its capital in Duke Town Calabar, Uyo, or Port Harcourt.

The middle Belt should carve out its own commonwealth and become independent from the north which is what they would do anyhow. This thing is simple. The people that make up the failed nation of Nigeria can indeed have peace if my solution is adopted.

you are a nigerian, you are entitle to your opinion, but i am pretty
sure you have a representative both at  the upper and lower chambers
to formally present your grievances.

In any case, I strongly think the Federal government needs to start to investigation some of the terrorist sympathizers on this forum. It is possible with your incessant rationalization of violence that some of you are or may have provided material support to these terrorist, and that makes you accomplices to crimes against humanity.

the federal government of nigeria is the only institution that is
entitled to call any of its citizen a terrorist - young man, if you
are somewhere under iroko tree, it is good for you to know that
we are now under the umbrella of "rule of law" until proved otherwise,
everyone here is innocent - so, you see where you are irrelevant
and your statement weightless in the eyez of the law?

you cant frustrate me, because your rantings is that of a frustrated
and desparate person.

our coming here is finding solutions to our problems and every nation
has its own problem.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Quote from: Dan-Borno on August 18, 2009, 08:46:26 PM
you cant frustrate me, because your rantings is that of a frustrated
and desparate person.[/color]

LOL ;D

Jibo

Silent is the best answer to a fool! There are things worth replying and to say this or that against a belated issue is a waste of precious time and energy. Save your breath.
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!