News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

No hope

Started by Nuruddeen, August 26, 2009, 05:24:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nuruddeen

What actually prompts me to say no hope for Nigeria and Nigerians is a poser by Sam Nda Isaiah in one of his Leadership Newspaper weekly columns where he asked: Any hope? I therefore feel it is necessary to answer him in affirmative by telling him no hope!
Even before Sam asked this double-decker question I always think of writing directly to Adamu Adamu, Mohammed Haruna, Ujudud Sheriff, Modibbo Kawu, Mahmud Jega, Paul Mamza, Matthew Hassan Kukah, and all our Newspaper commentators and columnists to kindly put their hands up and stop wasting their time, energy and resources writing on Nigeria, because it makes no sense. I had also wanted to contact Mustapha Ali (Dan Barno), Asma Farouq(Husnaa), Salisu Dan Yaro(Kanoonline admin), Ibrahim Waziri, Engineer Mohammed Tukur Lawan, Gogannaka, Gimbiya, Usman 11, Muhsin and all active Kanoonline members to kindly put their pens up and watch Nigeria reach its nadir. Whatever these people are writing and what they are going to write in the future, have already been written and said in manifolds. There is virtually nothing that has not been said about the terrible situation in the country. Yet the "leadership", seemed to have developed a thick skin until recently when Rhodam Hillary Clinton, the U.S secretary of state made a sincere comment about Nigeria, which Yar adua's henchmen and party sycophants members descended on her like wounded lions;trying to eat her raw.
Clinton expressed her dismay over Nigeria's leadership, which she described as a bad omen, because of its importation of oil from abroad even when the country has it in abundance.
Not only this, Clinton challenged Yar adua's electoral process and his disco-dancing on Nigeria's flat form that he shamelessly  promised to rectify through his so-called rule of law gimmick. Yar adua it was, who childishly promised Nigerians 6,000 MW of electricity before December 2009, which I am ready to bet that he cannot achieve. Is it not a shame on us that Dubai city alone, with a population of 1.19 million people, generates 16,000MW? Poor Umaru proudly said to Nigerians that he is ready to provide 6,000MW for the entire nation of 140 million people.
South Africa currently generates more than 40, 000 MW of electricity- a country that got independence in 1994 exactly 34 years after Nigeria became a nation-state. Toyota Motors Company in Japan alone generates more than 36,000MW of electricity from its own private generating plants.
Singapore, a city of only 4.8 million people, generates 68,000MW. U.S.A with less than double our population, generates 3.2 million MW. But we are still talking of nonsense 6,000MW.
In fact, for those who still nurse hope I am ever ready to bet that Umaru is going to tell another lie under oath, because he will not deliver 6,000MW of electricity to Nigerians. What he said is dubious, criminal and irresponsible. As Sam rightly said, we need to start serious discussion of our country, but Umaru is certainly the wrong man for the job, and should by no means be one of our discussants.

o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Muhsin

Assalamu alaikum,

I have been aboard for quite sometimes but only now I come across this despair-filled thread while my time is about to reaches termination point. Any way, here is my brief input:

Sincerely speaking the atmosphere looks just like you expresses it, i.e. no hope. Yet, as we are Muslims, young and educated we don't have to confess that truth-like statement. And our being Muslims, moreover, strongly denounces such proclamation.

Brother Nura, let me call your attention to something: too much of anything is bad. What I mean to address here is to say you take Nigerian issue too much, that leads many of your readers look at and regard you as radical; or worst fanatic.  Sincerely speaking things don't happen overnight, for they can't. With coming and departure of leaders we will someday hit the jackpot. Take a closer look at Sunsi Lamido Sunusi's sensitization and overhauling  of CBN, huh?

Lastly, I wonder why that sudden change in you? I firstly know of the phrasal verse "willy-nilly" when last you were talking of revival and rejuvenation processes of this country. You intellectually outlines these ways by calling upon us young minds to act now or never. And willy-nilly. What happened, man?

May Allah, the Exalted, bring bliss to this country, amen.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Stop talking bull Muhsin. It is the fatalistic acceptance of the status quo as u are doing that  derails everything. Every word of Nura's sentiments is correct. Yaradua is the wrong man for the job of ruling Nigeria. I can bet you even uban gidan nasa OBJ who rammed him down our throats is seriously regretting his rash and ill conceived action. It is a disgrace for Yardua to talk of 6000 megawatts and downright embarrassing to see that he couldnt deliver even that much. Something seriously needs to be done about this country.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

waduz

Quote from: HUSNAA on August 27, 2009, 01:54:38 PM
Stop talking bull Muhsin. It is the fatalistic acceptance of the status quo as u are doing that  derails everything. Every word of Nura's sentiments is correct. Yaradua is the wrong man for the job of ruling Nigeria. I can bet you even uban gidan nasa OBJ who rammed him down our throats is seriously regretting his rash and ill conceived action. It is a disgrace for Yardua to talk of 6000 megawatts and downright embarrassing to see that he couldnt deliver even that much. Something seriously needs to be done about this country.

To be done about this country? Like what?

gogannaka

Quote from: waduz on August 27, 2009, 08:52:58 PM
Stop talking bull Muhsin. It is the fatalistic acceptance of the status quo as u are doing that  derails everything. Every word of Nura's sentiments is correct. Yaradua is the wrong man for the job of ruling Nigeria. I can bet you even uban gidan nasa OBJ who rammed him down our throats is seriously regretting his rash and ill conceived action. It is a disgrace for Yardua to talk of 6000 megawatts and downright embarrassing to see that he couldnt deliver even that much. Something seriously needs to be done about this country.

To be done about this country? Like what?
Dan Borno yace a raba kawai!

I hate to start saying this but it seems i had more hope during OBJ's time than Yarádua's time.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

Wow! Auntie Husnaa calling my words "bull"; that sounds sensational.

Well, it's not out-and-out fatalism that led me to talk that way, Husnaa. It's rather simply believing in my Creator's words, i.e. Qur'an 15:56. How then should I surrender and lost hope? Allah's bliss is certainly on the way. It isn't that doom and bleak.

I personally have no regard for 'Yar Aduwa, neither for any man in Nigeria political class. I am in fact apolitical somebody. Yet that truth is comprehendable and conceivable; and inshaAllah realizable.

Thanks
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

You forget cewa kuma Allah Bayan canza wa bawansa lamarinsa sai bawan ya tashi ya nema a canza masa..........
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Nuruddeen

Quote from: Muhsin on August 27, 2009, 01:44:48 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

I have been aboard for quite sometimes but only now I come across this despair-filled thread while my time is about to reaches termination point. Any way, here is my brief input:

Sincerely speaking the atmosphere looks just like you expresses it, i.e. no hope. Yet, as we are Muslims, young and educated we don't have to confess that truth-like statement. And our being Muslims, moreover, strongly denounces such proclamation.

Brother Nura, let me call your attention to something: too much of anything is bad. What I mean to address here is to say you take Nigerian issue too much, that leads many of your readers look at and regard you as radical; or worst fanatic.  Sincerely speaking things don't happen overnight, for they can't. With coming and departure of leaders we will someday hit the jackpot. Take a closer look at Sunsi Lamido Sunusi's sensitization and overhauling  of CBN, huh?

Lastly, I wonder why that sudden change in you? I firstly know of the phrasal verse "willy-nilly" when last you were talking of revival and rejuvenation processes of this country. You intellectually outlines these ways by calling upon us young minds to act now or never. And willy-nilly. What happened, man?

May Allah, the Exalted, bring bliss to this country, amen.

Salam Muhsin, I think you are trying to hide under God and seek refuge even when Husnaa was trying to show you the way. To me, you are just harangueing in unexplainable delusion. Let me take you by your words dear and see whether u are right or not. First, "In tan surullah yan surukum wayu sabbit akdamakum"It's only when you show committment to your God that he can help you and entrench you feet permanently on the right path. Second, God helps those who want to help themselves dear. I have never seen an instance where u create prob 4 urself and expect somebody from heaven or moon to come and solve it for you. Nigerians9 You and I) inclusive bought what is hapening to us. We got to stand up dear. So don't exhibit sheer cowardice here.
Nura.

o try and fail is atleast to learn. That will save one the inestimable loss of what might have been (positive or negative).

Mai Halin Girma

OF COURSE MUHSIN, NO ONE CAN LOSS HOPE BUT THE LOOSERS. SOON NIGERIA WILL EMERGE AS A GAINT WHALE ABOVE THE SEA. THE PROBLEM IS THAT 'THE SPIRIT WISH BUT THE FLESH IS TOO WEAK.
SABODA HAKA DOLE SUARAN KASASHE SUYI MANA DARIYA..... HA! HAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. WALLAHI IN WUTA BATA GYARUBA  A CIKIN LOKACIN DA ALLAH YA KADDARA ZAN GUDU IN BAKKU ANAN.

waduz

The country Nigeria belongs to all of us. What worries us all is the ineptitude of our visionless leaders to move the country forward. The resources at our disposal are not properly put to use for the common man. Corruption here, there and everywhere! We seem to be misplacing priorities by the rapacious acts of our leaders' penchant for stashing money only for themselves and their families. These guys do not patronize our hospitals, their children are sent abroad to study and do not shop in the same market with us. It seems their teeths are in our flesh, sucking and squeezing us dry like oranges.
Really, I, for one, does not loose hope on the expectation that one day, the Almighty will pity the down trodden and bring about a blissfully, peaceful, and well developed country for our children yet un-born to enjoy. We need to fervently pray and keep on admonishing our leaders to always tow the right way in their actions. We should not LOOSE HOPE and be dejected forever, because there is always light at the end of the tunnel!
Let us keep on crying, striving and smiling, hoping that things will get better soonest.

Dan-Borno

Quote from: gogannaka on August 27, 2009, 11:48:45 PM
Dan Borno yace a raba kawai!

...har yanzu kuma ina kara cewa; a raba kawai.  saboda irin
lalacin manyan arewa ya fara fitowa a fili, kuma sun tabbatar
wa mutanen kudancin najeriya cewa lallai su kwari masu shan
jini ne.  duk sa adda aka kawo zancen gyara, ni, a tunanina
arewa ce kawai take da matsala, saboda idan ka duba duk
lalacin jiha in dai tana da hanyoyi na kasuwanci wanda zai
tallafawa tattaling arzikin jiha to lallai fa wannan jihar ba karamar
jiha bace.

noma ita ce aka san arewa da shi, amma kash, yanzu ya zama
tarihi, saboda hatta kananan manoma, bincike ya nuna cewa
ko wace shekaru uku dada komawa baya sukeyi saboda rashin
dabarun kayan kimiya wanda zai bunkasa yalwan kayan gonansu.

yau, sai in kai fitaccen dan siyasa ne tukun za a baka takin gona,
attajiran arewa sun koma estate management a manyan birane
kamar su abuja da dubai maimakon dawo da wannan arziki zuwa
gida najeriya.

dole sanata bukar abba ibrahim yace shugaba umaru musa yar'adua
shine babban dan jagorar boko haramun saboda yau watanni uku ke
nan jami'oi a kasannan basu aiki inda a nan ne ake kyankyashe yaran
talakawa alhalin yaran masu hannu da shuni suna karatunsu a chan
kasashen waje.

watakila idan aka raba kasan, sa'annan mu ka daina ganin kudin rarar
man fetur, daga nan zamu san inda muka dosa, amma a halin da ake
ciki da kuma irin tafiyar da ake, lallai BA HOPE.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Jibo

With a lot of injustices and self-glorification and gratification, the Hope for Nigerians is with Allah! We do what we can and leave the rest to Allah! We are handicapped in so many ways. One we are not sincere with ourselves, we cannot be our brothers keepers, it is difficulr to trust any sincere person, because it is difficult to know who is sincere and who is just taking you for a ride. One time  a man will tell you all you want to hear about your problems and the solution, before you know it that same man is using you to make money. Leaders to day at all levels mostly make money to forget the past the common man we are talking about is just trying to get out of the mes he is in and then forget about those he left there, those he was struggling with!If he has made it he forgets the past. This is the kind of situation we find ourselves. therefore every average Nigerain has a problem within himself either self-imposed or as a result of bad leadership! Nigeria and its citizens need serious reorientation from a sincere and impeccable persons! STRONG AND POWERFULY WILLED INDIVIDUALS WHO MUST UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF NIGERIANS AND THE NEED TO DRAW A LINE AND MAKE SACRIFICES FOR JOB!
A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!

waduz

Quote from: Jibo on August 31, 2009, 01:52:11 PM
With a lot of injustices and self-glorification and gratification, the Hope for Nigerians is with Allah! We do what we can and leave the rest to Allah! We are handicapped in so many ways. One we are not sincere with ourselves, we cannot be our brothers keepers, it is difficulr to trust any sincere person, because it is difficult to know who is sincere and who is just taking you for a ride. One time  a man will tell you all you want to hear about your problems and the solution, before you know it that same man is using you to make money. Leaders to day at all levels mostly make money to forget the past the common man we are talking about is just trying to get out of the mes he is in and then forget about those he left there, those he was struggling with!If he has made it he forgets the past. This is the kind of situation we find ourselves. therefore every average Nigerain has a problem within himself either self-imposed or as a result of bad leadership! Nigeria and its citizens need serious reorientation from a sincere and impeccable persons! STRONG AND POWERFULY WILLED INDIVIDUALS WHO MUST UNDERSTAND THE NATURE OF NIGERIANS AND THE NEED TO DRAW A LINE AND MAKE SACRIFICES FOR JOB!

Ka ji gaskiya, dokin karfe! Lalle kamata mu daure, mu koma ga Allahu SWT.

Muhsin

Jibo

A lazy youth is definitely a begging adult! Bata hankalin Dare ka yi suna!: Fas'alu ahalil zikri, inkuntum la ta'alamun!