News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

MIT Open Course Ware

Started by Sas, February 05, 2004, 03:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sas

Salam

The MIT OCW is a website that gives people from around the world the opportunity to see, view, and follow the classes taught at MIT. MIT is a college in MA, USA. This is a great opprtunity for students and other people alike around the globe to experience the MIT classes and its absolutely FREE of charge. All one need to do is to go to the website, browse through the classes and find the one that he/she is interested in knowing more about. Some classes are even recorded on video and put on the links of the respective classes, so its just like "taking" that class at MIT since you can see all the lectures given for that class at the convinience of your home.

Unfortunately, they just started it a few years ago and they only have 500 MIT classes up at the moment. The objective is to have 1800 by the end of 2007. Also, since some of the classes can't be online, in that they are more like discussion based and things like that, they may not be as useful as others.

For example, For those of you taking Physics: Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, I am sure they have the videos of the entire Introductory courses in those areas. also because the classes at MIT tend to be more dense than in other institutions, one may find himself on top of his game.

Do try it out and please spread the word. Also, please give your experinces to us on wether you find a class that helps you with your classes or not. The Physics helped me alot.

Bissalam.
ny good thing I said is from Allah and any bad thing I said is from me...So I ask for Allah's forgiveness for my errors both conscious and unconscious ones...Ameen!!!

EMTL

Assalaumu alaikum,
Thanks Mallam sanusi for this information. Could you please provide the site address so that one can visit. Am interested in environmental management/technology, please.

Once again thanks.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Sas

sorry...

How did i miss tha?  ??? ??? ???

The site is http://ocw.mit.edu/index.html

OR

Go to www.mit.edu and then under education, go to OpenCourseWare.

Once again sorry guys.
ny good thing I said is from Allah and any bad thing I said is from me...So I ask for Allah's forgiveness for my errors both conscious and unconscious ones...Ameen!!!

Dante

Maqari

Thanks alot Sanusi , this the best Eid gift i've recieved yet LOL nah but i seriously appriciate it MIT is a great school

zezezee

This is sooo cool man..Thanks a mil...I wish some of the unis in Nigeria could do a similar thing. At least giving out lecture notes online wldnt be a bad thing. But instead they go on making extra living on them..Not to mention the fact that some classes a student will never pass untill he purchases the lecture notes........too bad!
We keep praying that someday, all this will be history.
 just realised that nothing is what it seems.

al_hamza

ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

ummita

Quoteanything for accountants?
AND WHERE HAV U BEEN ALL THIS WHILE...........................................?
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

Sas

Reflections from MIT President Charles M. Vest

"With the publication of 500 courses, MIT is delivering on the promise of OpenCourseWare that we made in 2001. We are thrilled that educators, students, and self-learners from all parts of the globe tell us that MIT OCW is having an impact on education and learning. We hope that in sharing MIT’s course materials, and our experience thus far with MIT OCW, we will inspire other institutions to openly share their course materials, creating a worldwide web of knowledge that will benefit mankind."
- Charles M. Vest, President of MIT