News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Reasons why the Southern Nigeria are richer....

Started by Dante, January 12, 2004, 06:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dante

Salam,
Yawancin yan arewacin nigeria, basa matsawa akan irin harkokin zamani da suke shigowa. In ka duba, yawancin makanikai, masu gyaran Electronic, d.s duk yawanci yan-kudu ne. Ya kamata a Arewacin nigeriya, a bude wata institution for mechanics/electronics da ya'yan hausawa ya kamata da su rika zuwa. Ta wannan hanya, za'a samu sababbin ayyuka da za'a taimakawa almajira, talakawa, ......

ajingi

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

ummita

QuoteSalam,
In ka duba, yawancin makanikai, masu gyaran Electronic, d.s duk yawanci yan-kudu ne. Ya kamata a Arewacin nigeriya, a bude wata institution for mechanics/electronics da ya'yan hausawa ya kamata da su rika zuwa. Ta wannan hanya, za'a samu sababbin ayyuka da za'a taimakawa almajira, talakawa, ......
I doubt much, d reason y southerners r richer is because dey nt lazy & dey very determined wen dey start ' something theres no stoppin dem, bt d Arewas we tend 2 loose hope on promisin things we tend 2 give up easily.

Bout d mechanic stuff mhmmmmmm which arewa r u tlkin bout? Do u mean northerners as in hausawa's? U muss b kiddin me, ?Arewa ppl tend 2 regard those kinda job as low 4 their standard, embarassin 4 their status & bigamism "I feel 2 big 4 dat" will nt allow dem 2 take up such job vacancies. They rather spend 5yrs lookin 4 managerial jobs hardly without any qualifications.!!! Alot of Arewas c mechanism as somethin embarrasin thats y we hav very lil of dem offerin their services, toh, dole mukai mota wajen southerners su gyara mota din, @ d end of d day d money goes 2 dem, dey make more profit & invest more wisely & dats y dey betta dan us wen it cums 2 finance & how 2 invest in business. ?Girman kai will nt allow mallam bahaushe 2 do d same. We hav billion opportunities nationwide 2 bcum multimillionaire, we hav d resources & ways 2 invest, we hav d brains only if we stop givin negative 2 jobs like mechanism, tailor,farming,shoe repairs as low or dirty 4 our standards. Ppl shud stop dat! 4 instance if a guy is mechanic most arewas will b givin him dat kinda three quater look! He is workin hard lookin 4 money in a clean way, others r discouragin him, makin him feel lowwwwww ::)!! If others r well off wit betta job, dat dusnt mean low standard jobs shud b disregarded
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!

alimsuf

I agree with u Dante 100%. Miss Ummita u r right as well that yan arewa have bigmanism  feeling.
To illustrate upon what u said, Few years back,,when I was working with one Marine Company in Lagos, we do have about 150 casual staff being paid weekly, to ur surprise,80% of them were gradutes, but acceped the work there b4 any oppurtunity show face 4 them.

A Hausa friend of mine who spent >2yrs in a labour market Jobless, when I advice him that I can help him get such a casual job b4 getting any highly paid job, he replies: "Allah ya kiyaye!!!I will never do such a labourer work" Guess why???He dont believe in working hard and making it by himself, cos he has a relative who provide 4 his expenses, feed him, cloth him and sheltered him @ his late twentees...while u hardly find such things in the south..

Hafsy_Lady

ANOTHER REASON...............PIPUL SABI EVU EYE & HATEMONGERS TRULLY EXIST!

EG: IGBO MAN GO FIT CARRY HIS COUSIN, NIECE & UNCLE SECURE DEM FOR JOB & THEY END UP WITH HIGH STATUS WHEREAS SOME NORTHERNERS WANT TO BE THE ONLY ONCES EATING CHEESES! THOSE DOWN & BELOW NO GO FIT GET SUMOL CUT!  :roll:
What you see is what you get[/b]

Anonymous

I think it.s a question of attitude and i agree with ummita 100%. Dont,t you think it,s funny how we look down on mechanics, electricians and the like but think nothing of being shoe shiners, itinerant yankan farce or even worse simply begging. We are just a lazy lot who have become fat on patronage and nepotism, relying on relatives and friends in high places to give us contracts or "notes" to gratefull stooges for patronage.

I worked in Port Harcout for 4 years and I never cae across a contractor or service provider in any of the major Oil companies fro the North even though there was no discrimination on ethnic basis since most of the local contractors were not from the south south per se but of Ibo or Midwest extraction. This notwithstanding the fact that this is the most lucrative sector of the economy with ample opportunities. The trouble is these companies demand for competence and capability and our guys cant be bothered with the hurdles.  If you go to NAFCON, Eleme Petrochemicals and the Refinery which are all government agencies however its a different story. At NAFCON you would swear you were in Kano becuause all the northerners are there brandishing introductory letters and notes which they use to secure LPOs and allocations to be sold for pittance.  

We really need to have a change in orientation

jagnams

Guest,
I reside in Port Harcourt myself presently and I have been here 5 years (since 1999). The discrimination you are talking about is very much there ezspecially in the major oil companies that are all over, moreso with the advent of NDDC. Being from a non-oil producing community puts at a disadvantage.
Having said that, Ummita is correct on most of her points. However the biggest problem we have in the North is lack of education. During the course of my work, I have come across a lot of masters degree holders  that could neither write an application letter correctly, nor hold their own in gramatically correct English. Now, before you accuse me of dogon turanci, we the northerners must first get educated and by this I do not mean paper qualifications. By the time we get truly educated, these jobs we consider menail we will begin to regard as essential and a means of livelihood. Afterall which is better? An acaba rider or a mechanic?
Incidentally the quality of mechanics in Port Harcourt is inferior to that of the southerners in Kano. This is thanks to the northern culture of honesty and dedication which we have managed to inculcate in our southern brothers resident in the north.
I feel what we should just avoid is the bigmanism syndrom.
Thank you all.

figorms

Quote from: "ummita"
QuoteSalam,
In ka duba, yawancin makanikai, masu gyaran Electronic, d.s duk yawanci yan-kudu ne. Ya kamata a Arewacin nigeriya, a bude wata institution for mechanics/electronics da ya'yan hausawa ya kamata da su rika zuwa. Ta wannan hanya, za'a samu sababbin ayyuka da za'a taimakawa almajira, talakawa, ......
I doubt much, d reason y southerners r richer is because dey nt lazy & dey very determined wen dey start ' something theres no stoppin dem, bt d Arewas we tend 2 loose hope on promisin things we tend 2 give up easily.

Bout d mechanic stuff mhmmmmmm which arewa r u tlkin bout? Do u mean northerners as in hausawa's? U muss b kiddin me, ?Arewa ppl tend 2 regard those kinda job as low 4 their standard, embarassin 4 their status & bigamism "I feel 2 big 4 dat" will nt allow dem 2 take up such job vacancies. They rather spend 5yrs lookin 4 managerial jobs hardly without any qualifications.!!! Alot of Arewas c mechanism as somethin embarrasin thats y we hav very lil of dem offerin their services, toh, dole mukai mota wajen southerners su gyara mota din, @ d end of d day d money goes 2 dem, dey make more profit & invest more wisely & dats y dey betta dan us wen it cums 2 finance & how 2 invest in business. ?Girman kai will nt allow mallam bahaushe 2 do d same. We hav billion opportunities nationwide 2 bcum multimillionaire, we hav d resources & ways 2 invest, we hav d brains only if we stop givin negative 2 jobs like mechanism, tailor,farming,shoe repairs as low or dirty 4 our standards. Ppl shud stop dat! 4 instance if a guy is mechanic most arewas will b givin him dat kinda three quater look! He is workin hard lookin 4 money in a clean way, others r discouragin him, makin him feel lowwwwww ::)!! If others r well off wit betta job, dat dusnt mean low standard jobs shud b disregarded

i very much agree with u we d northners r so selfish to 1 another, and we feel too big to do things, even if they ve the money they dont think of how to get more but on how to marry another wife. u see a man sellin oranges with 3-4 wives and more than a dozen of children. any way u said it all but u missed this.
at u see is wat u get........................RMS

mlbash

well.......... dante you are right, like wise ummita you have a sound point there and all othes like figorms. but the fact still remains, the southerners like themselves far ahead of how we like ourselves down here. in this line you can't do away with mutuwar zucitar wasu daga cikin talakawan mu, wanda instead of neman na kai they prefer to hang around the rich and getting daily feeding. but don't forget the wickedness of the rich at same time, who amongs the rich in northern nigeria, out of what ALLAH blessed him with give out scholarship awards to those unfortunate ones in our society? so the reasons why we are not very much productive are multy dimensional! :cry:
ALLAH YA SAUWAKA MANA WAHALA, AMEEN!
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

mallamt

In the '70's there used to be a technical/vocational school/college around bagauda established by the Audu Bako government what happend to it?  They taught trades like capentry, brick laying, auto mechanic, electronics etc.  I agree with Ummita we are generally a lazy people and we just depend on our relatives rather than work for what we have.

mlbash

elgaazus

In simple terms, this is the problem of we the 'yan AREWA. We have almost lost one commodity that has been tought by the prophet of islam 'PERSIVERANCE'. this has been emphised times without number in the Holy Quran. The southeners learnt to be patient  and also to persivere the hard way , this abviously gave then an edge over their northern counterparts who want every thing easy, call it 'shar-sharp'. If we dont change this we will continue to be at the shadows

Wassalam
orget about it

kofa

n GOD i trust

mlbash

Quote from: "kofa"mallam manniru NO FOOD FOR A LAZY MAN

who is mal. manniru?