News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

THE “DEATH” OF K-ONLINE: THE POSSIBLE CAUSE(S) AND THE CULPRIT(S)

Started by Muhsin, January 03, 2010, 03:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on January 22, 2010, 01:50:42 AM
Kudos Muhsin, it takes courage and character to admit a fault, let alone to apologize for it.

Did I do that?  ;D

Quote from: Abdalla on January 18, 2010, 05:50:46 PM
I therefore urge us once again to become as lively as we can be (burning our skeletons along the line); get more involved if a topic interests you. For instance, I did not notice the Pilgrimage topic until recently, and suddenly I did remember my experiences 10 years ago and shared some of it.

Abdalla

One of the ways to do that, I think, Professor is: we as well as the forum need intellectuals like you to frequent coming here. Again, initiate educative, enlightening and entertaining threads, which I am sure some of your well-written papers would serve that.

That reminds me of an International Conference organized by the department of English and French, BUK. There you presented one "funny" paper about Barmani Choge and (women) Singers in Hausaland. I even requested a copy but... Such a topic would generate good discussions, I presume.

Jumu'at Kareem
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Abdalla

Quote from: HUSNAA on January 22, 2010, 01:46:45 AM
Yes Prime minister is one TV series that I have never watched in my life although I have heard a lot about it. Funny, if I'd known its like how Dave describes it to be, I'd have been an ardent fan!. I simply love pun, ambiguity, double entendres and anything associated, and British comedy is riddled with these!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

You missed a lot. Blighty in the 80s would not have been fun without Spitting Image, In Sickness and in Health, Yes, Minister and Yes Prime Minister. Go back a bit, and you can even recall Some Mothers Do Have 'Em. But then you jumped ship in the middle of the decade, didn't you. BTW I do have the Yes Minister and Yes Prime Minster original DVDs -- all the series. Also about 15 episodes of Yes Miniter and 12 episodes of Yes, Prime Minister as AVis . Now told you all this, in case you want to cach up!

Quote from: Muhsin on January 22, 2010, 12:16:59 PM
That reminds me of an International Conference organized by the department of English and French, BUK. There you presented one "funny" paper about Barmani Choge and (women) Singers in Hausaland. I even requested a copy but... Such a topic would generate good discussions, I presume.

Muhsin, indeed our original purpose, as I kept reiterating, was to create a depository where we can upload as many papers as people were willing to give us. The appearance of SNSs was one opportunity to give room for interactions, although as I said, being Charlie Brown type (or more likely Schroeder), I was not really keen on that; but we agreed it was a forum to counteract some of the Naijarian propaganda against Kano, Islam and north, as well as provide members with an opportunity to let-off some cyber steam.

Lack of papers from our colleagues meant we have not been able to develop the original plan fully. We even had plans to sell Kano-based books which are very rare to get -- but the payment process requires more time that we are willing to devote to the process. We will continue uploading as many as we can get our hands on. If a paper is not uploaded it because it is being considered for publication -- we normally wait until it has become public knowledge before uploading; however, if the paper will not be published elsewhere, we can usually upoad it.

So yes, we can keep this place as lively as we want -- but not forgetting that not everyone is interested in everything. I mean there are sections I have never entered simply I am not interested (news, chitchat, politics, etc).

Muhsin

Salam,

We shall now see some of those papers, right? I am sure they will better the forum, Professor. Beside, am sorry to learn that some of your colleagues decline to participate as hoped. And selling those books would not be a wrong idea. Good luck.

Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

GoodFella

Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if he or she were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness, and understanding you can muster, and do so with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
— Og Mandino (Motivational Author & Speaker)

Muhsin

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum
I am positive that all issues have been resolved amicably. Allah (SWT) ya kiyaye gaba da Sharrin Shaidan (LAA).
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

alkanawi

Hi all, i dont think anyone can rightly pronounce this forum as dead without hearing from the admin through BBC, then we can invoke section 145. In the interim DB should automatically assume the mantle of admin and continue with the status quo.
As an incentive to forumites to continue posting away, i propose to the "acting admin" to set up an intervention fund whereby members would be granted some monies to enable them buy a small "i pass my neighbour" generator, at least a month's 24/7 internet subscription with MTEL and lastly a tokunbo laptop. This would have the cascade effect of empowering our black market petroleum dealers,shylock telecom operators, and the wuru wuru second hand computer sellers at computer village ikeja.
It would put more revenue into the pockets of government officials through increased revenue derivable from the strong arm tactics of unofficial revenue collectors. Other beneficial effect of this proposal is that we would cement our near-pole position in the global carbon economy. A lot of highly skilled jobs would be created for scientists,journalists,green activists etcetra, with the trickle-down effect of transfer of knowledge to Nigeria.
See how a humble solution to resurrecting an online forum can result in having the greatest good for the greatest number. All we need is some patience and a wee bit of luck.
"corgito ergo sum"

gogannaka

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin