News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Senate reaction to Nigeria's Blacklist by US

Started by gogannaka, January 06, 2010, 02:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

Also, the Senate admitted that it was constrained in dealing with the matter of the absentce of President Yar'Adua.

A visibly angry Eze yesterday at a press conference in Abuja said: "I am sure that you have been observing the trend in the media and we are referring to the issue of America listing Nigeria as one of the 14 countries to be placed under watch. I am speaking on behalf of the Senate and on behalf of the Senate president to state categorically that we are very unhappy about the development and when we resume, we are going to take this matter up seriously, if America has not taken Nigeria off that list.

"We also want to advise America that it is in their own best interest to conduct this matter very well in a manner that will not result into diplomatic row between America and Nigeria because the American president had himself clearly admitted that this was a failure of the system and manpower of Americans and I don't see where Nigeria comes in there.

"Moreover, this is just one instance of a Nigerian who, it is clearly established that it has no link with any fundamentalist group or any interest group within Nigeria, not even with his parents. This was a boy whose disappearance was reported to security agencies, the America authorities, and all the relevant authorities and the Americans did nothing and for them to turn round to punish Nigerians for the sin of an isolated case like this is completely acceptable to the Nigerian government and to the Nigerian Senate.

"We have also watched with keen interests several other breaches that have taken place since this boy's attempt. There was an uninvited guest who went to the White House. He and his wife were found in the White House. That was not a Nigerian. America should look inward and search their soul. There is something wrong with their system and they should not punish Nigerians who are very law abiding and good international citizens for the failure and irresponsibility of American operatives. Nigeria will not take that.

"It will be most unfair given the kind of relationship that has existed between America and Nigeria for America to jump to this kind of conclusion without even adequate consultations with the authorities in Nigeria. This is not acceptable to us and we are going to do whatever we can as a nation to prove to America that we will not take this.

"Our citizens who returned from different destinations, especially those who originated their flight from America, went through hell in order to come to meet their kith and kin for the Christmas break and the harrowing experience has scared a lot of them. They are even afraid to go back, and some others are even afraid to originate their trips for genuine transaction in America arising from tales they 've gotten from their relations and friends. This must be stopped immediately. This is not how diplomacy is conducted.

"We are going to engage all our diplomatic gears to ensure that we either have relationship with America or we don't. We believe that America is a mature country. It is the model of democracy all of us looked up to it and it has enjoyed very smooth and cordial diplomatic relationship with Nigeria. Nigeria has never been found wanting in her dealings with America. So, for them to embarrass this country with this kind of classification for no justification is completely unacceptable.

"It is not America alone that has citizens to whom the government is responsible. We also have citizens and we are responsible for them, we will not allow Nigerians to be molested wherever they go. I think that this message should be put out clearly that when we resume, if the situation is still there, it is going to be one of the major issues that we are going to tackle and the Senate President has told me to state categorically that he is unhappy about this and being the chairman of the National Assembly, it means also on behalf of the National Assembly."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Very good points raised.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

Wallahi the guys' action fascinates me.

Much recently, a Briton was captured by Chinese government smuggling drugs into their country; and they sentenced him to die. Notwithstanding many evidences they had against him, British gov't tried all they could to pull the string and free him. Although they failed at the end but it, at least, shows concern for a citizen.

Having looked at the above case, Nigerian gov't does very right. I want them to even start negotiating on how to "free" poor misguided Farouk.  ::)
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Abdalla

Muhsin

How are you "fascinated" by the behavior of a person who wanted to kill himself and other innocent citizens? What is fascinating about this despicable behavior, no matter how "misguided" the boy was? The British Government did not start to intervene in any case until the accused was tried before a competent court and adjudicated as guilty. That is when the diplomatic offensive kicks in. In my view we should not discuss the case since it is on trial -- and discussion ought to be done after he has been tried by court, and then we can discuss the judgment and what lead to his behavior. I am sure there are many places on the Naijaland universe where these things are being hotly debated and discussed. Luckily KanoOnline is not part of Naijaland.

Abdalla

Muhsin

Salam,

I am not fascinated; and will never be by any sort of that behaviour. And so I say, though obscurely.

Please re-read my reply. I wrote: Wallahi the guys' action fascinates me. The word GUY does not refer to Farouk but the whole Senate. Look at the apostrophy--its after the letter "s".

The problem lies with me, I reckon, as I addressed them (senate) too informaly, which I should not.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Prof the thread is not about the boy(the media call him a man) and his act but rather Nigeria's blacklisting by the US.
I believe we can disuss that since it has been concluded by the US that we are on a watchlist.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

maikyau

wallahi bana jin haushin abinda farouk yayi saboda how many innocent souls America suka kashe a Iraq da Afganistan kuma nawa suke kashewa right now.in my understanding rai bai fi rai ba.my only regret is da bomb bai tashi ya tarwastsa girgin ba.This kind of language ka dai America ke ganewa kuma idan wannan baiyi nasara ba akwai wanda zaiyi inshaAllah.Farouk is not misguided mune da ke zaune ana kashe yanuwan mu a fadin duniya muka gagara yin komai saboda tsoron mutuwa da son duniya.So in this case idan bazamu iya wa Farouk Addua ba i think we better shut up mu ci gaba da neman duniya kuma mutabbata a duniya. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Muhsin

Ke maikyau kike ko? Watch out your language! The world is now a global village; no privacy. Everything one does is being watched by another party (e.g. SSS, CIA, etc). Thus better mind what you write on boards like this one.

A typical example: my brother who's studying in Saudi Arabia, sent me a message today. Muhalli-sh-shahid anan dai shine inda yake tambaya ta either its me he saw on this board and one other discussion board fiercely debating on so so matters. I intuitively understand he knew it's me but he just wanted to confirm. Kin gani?

That beside, Farouk's action is damnable both religiously and morally. I assure you you can't aptly justify it and by any means. And if you think you could let us see. Waiting. . .

oaroloye

I say that this is a perfect example of our legislators not knowing what they have stepped in.
Another example was when President Obasanjo allegedly said, while in office, that he knew that Nigeria's Economy was okay (!) because he had never seen anyone eating from a dustbin before. he is also said to have said that there was nothing wrong with NEPA, because there was never any blackout at Aso Rock.

"It will be most unfair given the kind of relationship that has existed between America and Nigeria....."

This is the one that gets up my nose!
Please! WHAT KIND OF "RELATIONSHIP" do they think we have been having with America?

M.K.O. Abiola was doing fine, until he said that as President of Nigeria, he would demand reparations for the Slave Trade for all Blacks! All his USA support U-Turned at that hairpin bend! It is Common Knowledge that the CIA assassinated him in jail, having given General Abacha permission to do jail him. Whereas America and Britain publicly condemned general Abacha's regime, they supplied him with the weapons he needed to keep Nigeria subjugated. Then for good measure, they assassinated him, so that their secret remain secret. Pop singer/dancer Michael Jackson also declared plans to re-open the slavery issue (he and Marlon were going to open a Slavery Theme Park at Badagry), so he was assassinated-easily- because he foolishly thought that he could buy one of their doctors, and not be poisoned by him.

The kind of relationship that has existed between America and Nigeria...?
When I was a kid, I saw a cartoon in a foreign comic whose impact did not reach me until I became an (old) adult. it shows exactly how stupid the Whites think we are, and how clever they think they are.

A father is reclining in the Sun on the beach. He has sent his boy to buy them both an ice-cream cone from a vendor in the background. The boy comes back with an ice-cream cone in either hand. There is a moist stain around his mouth. Only one cone is filled as should be expected. The other one is mysteriously empty. Boy says: "Sorry dad- yours melted on the way back!"

I only remembered this cartoon recently, and it jolted me to realize that this perfectly summarizes the Whites' economic policy toward us! Our currencies start from parity- then they tell us, that every million dollars we borrowed from them must be replaced with one hundred million- because OUR currency "depreciated," while THEIRS' DID NOT.

When I saw the movie "A BEAUTIFUL MIND," starring Russell Crowe, I understood why no one understands Economics in our country: Whites' Economics Theory is based on the theories of certified madmen! On drugs.

When the Senators say that they want to preserve a "relationship" between America and Nigeria, how do they define this relationship? S & M? Slave and Master? Torturer and Victim? The Nigerian people have to start seriously looking at what this "relationship" is doing for them, and what it is doing for our leaders.
Are the Common People, the Rich, and the politicians all getting the same out of it together?

For several years now, over a decade, America has been luring our best minds to sell their souls and become their property. From time to time we hear about EX-NIGERIANS who invent things that contribute to the Americans' economy, while helping to impoverish our own, and that of our fellow Africans.
Anyone who says that this is a good relationship should explain exactly how so, in language we can all understand.

Abdalla

IBB

'I stand corrected'. I like this sentence, I will borrow it i hope is not patent
IHS

maikyau

Muhsin namiji nake danuwanka.i stand by my words idan bazamuyi wa faruk addua ba muja baki muyi shiru.sss ko me kace? ni da malakaal mautu zai kawowa ziyara kake magamar wani tambadande wai cia ko sss. :(

maikyau

"za da baya ga rago bai zam tsoro ba"
Quote from: maikyau on January 10, 2010, 02:10:27 PM
Muhsin namiji nake danuwanka.i stand by my words idan bazamuyi wa faruk addua ba muja baki muyi shiru.sss ko me kace? ni da malakaal mautu zai kawowa ziyara kake magamar wani tambadande wai cia ko sss. :(

maikyau

Quote from: maikyau on January 10, 2010, 02:27:48 PM
"ja da baya ga rago bai zam tsoro ba"
Quote from: maikyau on January 10, 2010, 02:10:27 PM