News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

NIGERIAN PILGRIMS - WHICH WAY FORWARD

Started by Dan-Borno, January 07, 2010, 01:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

I have been desiring to write my memoirs of the 2009 hajj which by
the will of the Almighty Allah i successfully performed.

the above picture should be my starting point before proceeding to
the most interesting and exploring part of the journey of faith as
riz khan once tagged hajj pilgrim when he was with CNN.

this picture, which i personally snapped was on the day of arafat,
one of the most holiest and an important pillar of hajj.  the three
pilgrims in this picture as you can see are undisputably nigerians
and from their tongue i can attest they are nigerians couple with the
fact that the car park allocated to nigerian pilgrims is where the
picture was taken.

when you look very well, you will notice that first pilgrim was
carrying 2 cartons of juice, while the middle guy was carrying
3 cartons of juice and the last pilgrim was carrying a carton of
assorted snacks and a carton of juice also.

initially and how the saudi charity organizations and wealthy philantropist
arranged it is that these juice is meant for the pilgrims and each
one for one, it is not expected that one pilgrim can finish a whole
carton of a juice which contains 24 pieces, but as you can see and
(may be Bakangizo) can also attest the greediness of our fellow
country men, i still cant imagine how they are going to finish drinking
these juice considering the time i snapped this picture which is
around 5:45pm when arafat was folding up.

my intention is not to embarass my country man but create awareness
on how we should be behaving whenever we go out to other peoples
country.

other interesting stories will follow with their pictures.

what do you think are the causes of this attitude(s)
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

bakangizo

Thank you very much, DB. Ai wallahi irin halin da naga mutanen mu suke nunawa abin da takaici. It is nothing short of shameful. I have heard of this show of shame at home even before I went to Saudia. Wallahi wani lokacin, kar kaso kaga yadda ake dambe da kokawa wajen karbar "sabil". Grown-up men fighting over dabino/juice/food that is not more than 5 riyal.  You see one person collecting and cornering a carton of juice, or 5 plates of food, instead of one, while some haven't gotten anything. Theere's this mosque close to our hotel, and they sometimes give out bread after subh prayers. Each person is supposed to collect a wrap, which contains 3 pieces. Zo kaga yadda ake kokawa. After Arafat/Muna, I came to our hotel to find out that the occupants of the room next to ours had brought out a "sack" of spoilt, fungi-infested bread, which they dumped in the trashbins. Which means they've been collecting, and hiding the bread given out in that mosque :( Why would you be stashing out food that you don't,or can't even finish?

Can you imagine that some pilgrims even hid some these food items, with the intention of bringing them home :o So I believe it goes to portray how shameless, indiscplined, and greedy we are as a people.

gogannaka

Kawai lack of indicipline ne. Ni ban da abun mutanen mu,juice fa ruwa ne da suga da flavour,barin ma irin na saudi,ba wani dadi gareshi ba amma kaga bawan Allan nan na hoton DB har katon uku,lol.
Handama ce kawai da babakere. Ni ina ga shiyasa Allah yake bamu shuwagabanni daidai mu.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

maikyau

Allah ya kyauta DB

This explained the kind of ppl we are in Nigeria wani ma ko bazai shanye ba zai diba don ace nasa ne.Just take a look at our ruling class kaga mutum daya ya saci billions of Naira i keep wondering ko me zai saya,and atimes they  end up sending this monies to forieng land su mutu kudi ya zama na turawa.I agree with Farida Waziri da tace duk wani mai neman political office a masa psychatric test. Wallahi atimes idan mutum ya zauna ya assessing din irin halin da muke ciki a kasan nan you feel lyk crying,and d worst situation is an daina zabe balle ka ce zaka zabi nagari Elites sun riga sun yi ganging up selection sukeyi.Another prob.is mu ma lower class din baa bar mu a baya ba wajen irin wadanna munananan halayen ba. >:( >:( >:(

Muhsin

Hmm. Nice post, DB.

The case in point is wider than you all think; its not only in SA our people unabashedly behave that way. We They do it everywhere. I am a witness of that show of shame.

It was during a dinner organized for Governor Shekarau after his re-election at Indoor Stadium. As usual, I was the tiniest fish there--actually invited by the Speaker's protocol. I was feeling too much "shy" and uneasy seeing majority who's who I heard of on Radio. I felt the real shame when its time for guests to "serve themselves". Plenty foods of types I had never seen were packed aside. Am sure as hell many of the invitees have in one place or another eaten that sort of food. But--wish you were not there--how they (many of them) started pushing, struggling, over-loading their plates and all sorts of hullabaloo over that food erupted. In minutes the floor was dirtied will spilled food.

I stayed beside, mouth agape imagining. From that day onset I never blame Almajiris fighting over "gajala". They inherited that from their fathers. Thus, if Nigerian Pilgrims do the same, again, in SA there is absolutely nothing surprising. Who knows many of them there? For example, who knows any of those depicted on that photo you pasted here? Nobody.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Alhaji Dan Barno- are you sure these hajjis were not intending to share these cartons with other hajjis in the camps. lol.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Dan-Borno

yeah, you are right emtl, we should give them the benefit of
doubt.  but you are not a new visitor to the holy land,
you quite knew what i am talking about, however, what
do you say about this second picture?

the picture above which i snapped after a friday prayer
in mecca at ummul qura road, shows as you can vividly
see two little girls, the first one in red while the second
one in brownish abaya, while the third one, though still
unidentified but the presumption is that she is a grown
up woman and in this, the girls mother.

for the information of my readers, they are beggars on
the street of mecca, it is either they are from niger
republic or definitely nigerians.  these people constitute
a great nuisance in the holy land.

as i keep on saying, i am not portraying islam or muslims
in bad picture, rather we should be well informed of what
our brothers, sisters, parents etc do at the holy land
without necessarily knowing.  It is still our responsibility
(as a community) to keep on enlightening our people on
the adverse effect of this type of life.

my next picture will be stunning, full of story and a great
challenge to saudi government itself - the raise of saudi
niggers.

watch out latest on monday.

happy weekend my brothers.

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

bakangizo

What a coincidence! DB, I also snapped similar pictures (of those beggers). They are Nigerians. The woman you sitting down is the "supervisor". She places the kids in strategic positions, watches and waits until the kids were given sadaka. Then she collects and keep. While we were taking shots with my friend, one of them looked up, saw us, and confronted us. Ka ji irin zagin da ta rika shirga mana? ;D Saura kadan da ta kai mari. She wanted to physically challenge us. Ni dai na janye abokina, muka wuce. I don't know how to upload pics here, dana sako muku kun gani.

It is shameful. A Pakistani asked my friend what's the problem with Nigerians? Unknown to him, "bara" is an exclusive monopoly of northern nigeria.

HUSNAA

Lol DB ai ni da na fara ganin hotunan na dauka kaine mai cartons ukun nan, har ina "Kaga Dan Barno da himma!!"   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
To Allah Ya Kyauta. Maybe if the standard of living of Nigerians is raised somewhat, they wont behave so atrociously. Kasan in ka koshi, da abu, ginsar ka yakeyi. Ni'ima suka je suka tarar wanda suna ganin if they dont take advantage of it, they will live to regret acting with dignity over scraps so they decide to be undignified; afterall "they will think ai ba garin uban su bane balle a ce kaico wane!! sai ka ce mayunwaci? ;D ;D ;D
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Dan-Borno

Lol @ Bakangizo, ai ko kadan bana saurara musu. 
Lallai ma Auntyn Muhsin, shine tsaraba na ko? na gode.

Bakangizo, follow the following to enable you upload
pictures in Kanoonline or somewhere else.

1.  Go to www.photobucket.com
2.  Register to enable you log in
3.  Upload as many pictures as you can on your HOME PAGE
4.  Any picture you want to upload to the forum, the photobucket
     site will give you the HTML code as you choose your picture
5.  Copy the HTML image code and place it inside your post
     ...and its done.

Option B

Send me air ticket MAIDUGURI-ABUJA-KANO (Return), hotel accomodation
for myself and two wives at Tahir.

No. Option C

IBB

IHS

Dan-Borno

i took this picture at muna (mina), you can vividly see how
dirty the environment is.  i observed that almost all the dirty
places you see at muna are places where nigerians or africans
are occupying and those selling local foods are also nigerians.

i deliberately refused to put up the situation of our toilets and
tents.  this and other issues are the fault of the national hajj
commission and the states pilgrims welfare boards who cannot
adequately provide better accomodation to its pilgrims despite
the exercise not been free.

my observation is that, the federal government of nigeria should
scrap off the national hajj commission and states government
should also scrap states pilgrims welfare board and allow private
touring agencies to handle hajj stuff just as indonesia and other
countries are doing.

bakangizo

Quote from: Dan-Borno on January 13, 2010, 03:10:36 PM
Lol @ Bakangizo, ai ko kadan bana saurara musu. 
Lallai ma Auntyn Muhsin, shine tsaraba na ko? na gode.

Bakangizo, follow the following to enable you upload
pictures in Kanoonline or somewhere else.

1.  Go to www.photobucket.com
2.  Register to enable you log in
3.  Upload as many pictures as you can on your HOME PAGE
4.  Any picture you want to upload to the forum, the photobucket
     site will give you the HTML code as you choose your picture
5.  Copy the HTML image code and place it inside your post
     ...and its done.

Option B

Send me air ticket MAIDUGURI-ABUJA-KANO (Return), hotel accomodation
for myself and two wives at Tahir.

No. Option C

Thanks. I will try it.

bakangizo

DB,

I'm really happy reading these from you. I have observed all these things and I, or precisely I and my friends, came back really concerned about what we saw in Saudia. In fact we are thinking of articulating our ideas/suggestions/observations and presenting them to the state government. Alternatively, we may publish pamphlets or leaflets on the critical issues and distribute to intending pilgrims as our contributions. Whatever, we've not finalised on what to do. May I invite you? I have no doubt your contribution would prove invaluable. If you are interested, I will contact the others. One is a HOD in B.U.K, while the other is a Customs Officer.

bakangizo

Testing. Our almajirai at home are ably represented in Saudia by these: