News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

PROPOSED TUESDAY MASS RALLY

Started by Dan-Borno, January 11, 2010, 10:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

We are starting a series of protests on Tuesday in Abuja. The government must be forced to address issues such as 6,000 megawatts of electricity and absentee President. We will challenge the policy that allows those on level 16 and above to go abroad for medical checks and treatment. It is discriminatory and we will resist it. The people in government are too comfortable; we must force them to do the right thing."

wish i dey Abuja, i for join this great rally.

http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201001112193060
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
These self-centred people (so-called prostesters, Ojukwu, soyinka, etc.) must not be allowed to turn our country into another Iran.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

gogannaka

I don't respect all three people that will lead the protest:
OJUKWU
SOYINKA
BALARABE MUSA

They love seeing their names on newspaper headlines.
Mutum ya je ya sha tear gas kawai.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

HUSNAA

To ai kunga irin attittude din mutanen mu na arewa kenan.  Do u have to like Soyinka or who ever in order to agree with them? We all know that what they are going to protest for are genuine grievances so why dont we support them for the sake of getting justice rather than dissing them becos we dont like what they stand for?
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on January 11, 2010, 11:11:26 PM
I don't respect all three people that will lead the protest:
OJUKWU
SOYINKA
BALARABE MUSA

They love seeing their names on newspaper headlines.
Mutum ya je ya sha tear gas kawai.

You see why our country will never progress? What kind of attitude is that? Does it matter the type people leading the protest, as long as its aim is to correct the ills of our country? Are killing the message because of the messenger? Do you prefer the country stagnate, get rotten day by day, and nobody should do anything about it? So tell me, whjo are teh 'right' people to protest incompetence, insensitivity, corruption, and the decadence prevalent in our country now?

Na war O!! What a pity! A fuelless, powerless and Presidentless country! Not to add SPINELESS

maikyau

Husna i agree wit u, wat matters is d issue at stake which all of us agree is vital to the survival of this country.since this ppl are bold to come out and protest on our behalf we should commend them not condenmed them.Gogan ko yaya ka gani?

gogannaka

Maikyau,BKGZ and Husnaa, i personally don't respect the three guys.Sorry about that.
I also wouldn't attend the rally if i had a chance because of the way police handle such demonstrations.

I have no problem with them holding a rally to force the president to resign.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

David_McEwan_Hill

Soyinka is held in the highest regard all across the world - reason enough for some in Nigeria to be against him. Is he the wrong tribe? The wrong religion?

bakangizo

Quote from: David_McEwan_Hill on January 13, 2010, 01:07:45 AM
Soyinka is held in the highest regard all across the world - reason enough for some in Nigeria to be against him. Is he the wrong tribe? The wrong religion?

You tell us. What/Which is the wrong tribe and the wrong religion?

EMTL

Mr. David,
We know that one of the objectives of the British colonial masters was to divide Nigerians among religious and tribal lines and also to deprive Northerners Western education. These facts are well known.

Just imagine your above insinuation...
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

HUSNAA

He is not held in highest regard all over the world. I think he was dissed by critics in New York when he presented a play/poem shortly after winning the nobel prize for literature. By the way if the western media decides u are good then u are and if u are not, then u are not, regardless of what the truth holds.

Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum