News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

My point of view on the sardaunan Kano!!!

Started by Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu, January 26, 2010, 08:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu

Allah Ya karawa sarkin Kano lafiya tare da tsayin rai, Allah Ya kuma Ya jikan Alhaji, Yasa Aljanna ce madawwamiyyar sa, ameen. Nada sardaunan Kano, ya dada wani abu a tariyin Kano.
           My fellow country men and women, I do not intend to belittle what His Royal Highness, the Emir of Kano Alhaji Ado Bayero did, nor am I against his decission (as many think, and that forced me to modify and clarify my stance) of conferring the traditional title of Sardauna of Kano to one of the state's citizen - His Excellency, governor of Kano, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau. I was just confused, is 'sardauna' a Kano title at all? Do people at all know to what the title is always being likened to? and why namely to Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau?
          I remembered when my father was jailed and part of his house auctioned because he was a registered member of NEPU and not NPC of sardauna of Sakkwato; I remember when innocent people were slaughtered like goats along the streets of Fagge, in my eyes, because they supported NEPU, headed by Mallam Aminu Kano, and not NPC, headed by the sardauna of Sakkwato, Ahmadu Bello. I was then very small but could recollect all these aufull situatiations. I even was a witness of the molestations the late Mallam Sabo Bakin Zuwo (a once upon a time governor of Kano State) recieved in WAPA (by people of sardauna of Sakkwato) when he held a poster of Mallam Aminu Kano, and not that of that of Ahmadu Bello, the sardauna of Sakkwato.
         My people, every person is a couse of his/her fortunes and misfurtunes, some of you may think that, I am stupid  and what all nots, by making this post. Let them say, these are also human qualities!
          The reasons why I am writing all the above (jokes to many) are that, while others have been going to the moon, and are now trying to reach the planet Mars, in lieu of providing all progressive things that they can to the common men and women in thier countries, other people are being conffered titles to "smooth round pegs in round holes". I am not sorry for my statement, that is, if you can try to understand me in the real meaning of the sense of the posting. The meaning of the word 'sardauna', in any way, will for many centuries be likened to the sardauna of Sakkwato, Sir Ahmadu Bello, and the atrocities he caused, or were caused in his name.

"It is not the strongest species that survive nor the most intelligent, but the ones that are more responsive to change"
                               ~ Charles Darwin ~

"You can not hold a man down without staying down with him".

Dan-Borno

"Here in the Northern Nigeria we have People of Many different races, tribes and religious who are knit together to common history, common interest and common ideas, the things that unite us are stronger than the things that divide us. I always remind people of our firmly rooted policy of religious tolerance. We have no intention of favouring one religion at the expense of another. Subject to the overriding need to preserve law and order, it is our determination that everyone should have absolute liberty to practice his belief according to the dictates of his conscience..."   -  Sir Ahmadu Bello

"He was a workaholic. He loved the country and the people. And his concentration on the North, to bring up the North quickly, was his way of working for the unity of the country, because he believed that the North must be got into a position of competitive parity with the rest of the country if there was going to be peace and unity He had no moment for himself. It was work, work, work.

"He respected human beings, no matter your origin and your religion. He trusted you as an individual not as somebody who belonged to a certain religion or to a certain place where their politics at that moment happened to differ from his own politics. I was the Secretary to the Executive Council of Northern Nigeria. I wouldn't normally have qualified if it was on the basis of my religion, my tribe or my ethnicity. He did not care. He just demanded your quality. Your talent was what mattered to him."
   Chief Sunday Awoniyi

Now El-Ta'alu, let me get clarrification if your post is
directed towards Malam Ibrahim Shekarau or
Premier of Northern Nigeria SIr Ahmadu Sardauna
or HRH Ado Bayero, so that i will know how to reply
your post.

"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu

Dan Borno, all you said is right. The last long sentence in my post, "The meaning of the word 'sardauna', in any way, will for many centuries be likened to the sardauna of Sakkwato, Sir Ahmadu Bello, and the atrocities he caused, or were caused in his name", is self-explanatory.
    I would, nevertheless, like to clearly say to you that, though I wrote "on sardauna and sardaunan Kano", my post does not mean, and is not directed to his HRH, Alhaji Ado Bayero, nor to Malam Ibrahim Shekarau or the sardauna of Sakkwato (unless you want to implicate me) but more - or - less to the overall system that then existed, and now is repeating itself. Examples of the atrocities caused by a system; such a repeatation, were the instances sited therein. Anyone can beautifully say something, and really do something good that can wash away any resistance from any where and from anyone.
     Yes, every Nigerian has alot of constitutional rights, and so do I. You can bluff me on my stance, others may be by my side. Despite the fact that, all those that ruled us and are still doing, have done one or so things progressive, things worth praising, history must serve and be a lesson to Nigerians, and not Nigerians becoming victims of historic circumstances.
      I was just talking to a friend in Kano about my feelings on this topic and he responded thus: 'Fadan da yafi karfin ka sai ka maida shi wasa'. Do you, Dan Borno, want me and everyone to behave like this? Over to you.
"It is not the strongest species that survive nor the most intelligent, but the ones that are more responsive to change"
                               ~ Charles Darwin ~

Dan-Borno

thank you el-ta'alu for the clarification and i never intend to
'implicate you' as this is an open fora, and it may be possible
his royal highness is reading our post, so, you are exenorated
of all charges.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

Muhsin

Salam,

Actually speaking the Sardauna of Sokoto did many unmentionable things; and those were only unusually uncovered by a number of critics, for example former governor of old Kano, Alhaji Muhammad Abubakar Rimi just before the conferment of Shekarau as Sardaunan Kano. I use to imagine why people abhor mentioning things like this, though a fact. People forget that the deceased is a human, and thus capable of doing right and wrong. Why our people foolhardily regard him as he was a saint?

Though unlike Doctor El-ta'alu, who witnessed an occurrence of such a snooty actions in the Sardauna's name, and who boldly says he's confused and disappointed, I hereby can only say I am surprised at the whole thing. But I think that's because of brain vagaries, i.e. we forget things so quickly.

All that aside, Sardauna is now a dead man. And our religion, i.e. Islam teaches us to leave the dead as well as his actions and inaction. May Allah grant his soul an eternal peace, amin.

@DB,

I saw you breathing heavily as it were Madu Shariff that was "accused". Leave our Shekarau alone; mu muka sanshi, muke tare dashi and not you. ;D

Muhsin
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

lionger

Dan Borno, are those quotations you posted supposed to prove anything? What else would one expect from Awoniyi's lips concerning the Sardauna? As Dr. Abbas rightly states, history must serve a lesson to Nigerians. And history has implicated the Sardauna in the even more violent political upheaval in the Western region which eventually consumed the Sardauna himself along with the entire nation. I would like to think that Shekarau will leave Kano and Nigeria with a much better legacy.

Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu

Hey Mallam Babarbare! what do you mean by I am exenorated of all charges? Do you at all know the meaning of the word? Am I a criminal? Are you O.K? If you are, then mind your words, and do try to know the real meaning of the word "exenoration".
      To help you, exoneration occurs when a person who has been convicted of a crime is later proved to have been innocent of that crime. Attempts to exonerate convicts are particularly controversial in death penalty cases, especially where new evidence is put forth after the execution has taken place.
                               ~ Charles Darwin ~

Dan-Borno

akramakallahu el-ta'alu, i am sorry if my using the word 'exonerated'
scares you, it never came to my mind that you are going to twist it
to mean the way you defined it in bols, i used it here the way i usually
use these words in the forum and i mean no harm - tuba nake.

daman ku en NEPU kun cika hayana, ba ku bin doka da oda, ba ku san
bin sarakunan gargajiya, kaga dole ku sha duka a gun fadawan sarki lol.

Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu

Sharri Kayan Kwalba, do Allah ka binchiki tarihin NEPU da kyau, zaka ga ba haka bane.
      Game da sarakunan gargajiya kuma, mutum ko yana so ko baya so, sai ya girmama su. Haka yake kuma zai ko yaushe kasance. Sarakunan gargajiyaк mu - sune suka bude wa bature ido a yanda zaiyi mulki, kuma idan ka lura zaka gani cewa mutane basu cika yarda da mutanen gwabnati ba, amma yayin da mai martaba ya fadi wani abu, zaka ga mutane na himmar cika wan nan abun.
     Na san Barno kasar NPC ce a first republic. Ban san tarihin ta ba sosai, da na nuna maka banbanci wajen ladabi da biyayyar da 'yan NEPU dake da shi ga sarakunan gargajiyar mu.
    Bayan haka, ina mai tuna maka cewa quotations ra'ayin wasu ne. Ina fatan zaka rinka fadar ra'ayin ka fiye da quotes din da wasu sukayi.
                               ~ Charles Darwin ~

Dan-Borno

lol, to ranka ya dade idan ra'ayina yazo daya da na mutum ai
ba lallai ne in sake fadan irin maganar ba, kaga ya zama maimai
ke nan, ko da shika its not the case in this issue.

kuma ai marigayi Ibrahim Imam of Borno resigned as Secretary-
General of NPC to join NEPU, however, because of the radical
movement of the NEPU it didnt go well, dolensa ya sake sheka
ya koma wani party kuma.

Ko da shike ni dalibin marigayi sa'adu zungur ne, i really adore him.

Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu

Babarbare kenan, nima kan, I adore the late Sa'adu Zungur's long-live poetic masterpiece. Ka tuna da daya daga cikin most popular poems nasa? Bari in tuna maka:
          "In zaka fada fadi gaskiya komai taka ja maka ka biya;
           Sai mu gode Allah shi kadai don shine sarkin gaskiya;
           Shi ke daukaka dukkan talalikai na tudu da kwari da samaniya;
            Da mutum, aljan da mala'ika, dabbar sarari da ta maliya...".

Allah Ya taimaka, amin.
                               ~ Charles Darwin ~

Dan-Borno

Alaramman Boko, ka tayar min da tsimi na, check these verses
in the same (Jamhuriya ko Mulukiyya?)

In kuka sake jama'ar kudu
    Suka hau mulkin Najeriya

Dada ba sauran mai tambaya
    Kowa yasan zai sha wuya

He further states:

Niyyar kudu in suka daukaka
    Duk Kasa ta zamo jamhuriya

Mu dai niyyarmu a karkasa
    Don Arewa ta zabi Mulukiyya.

Check this his prediction on Arewa:

Yan Arewa ku daina gaganiya
    Ku rike daular ku da gaskiya

Matukar Yan Iska na gari
    Dan daudu da shi da Magajiya

Da samari masu ruwan kudi
    Ga maroka can a gidan giya

Babu shakka Yan Kudu za su hau
    Dokin mulkin Najeriya

Suyi ta kau sukuwa bisa kanmu k
    Mun roki zumuntar duniya

Matukar yaranmu suna bara
   "Allah baku mu samu abin miya"

A gidan birni da na kauyuka
    Da cikin makarantun tsangaya

Sun yafu da fatar bunsuru
    Babu shakka sai mun sha wuya

Matukar da musakai barkatai
    Da makaho ko da makauniya

Ba mahalli na su a Hausa duk
    Ba mai tanyonsu da dukiya

Birni, kauye da garuruwa
    Duk suna yawo a najeriya

Kai Bahaushe bashi da zuciya
    Za ya sha kunya nan duniya.

do you want more predictions?

Sani Danbaffa

Allah kyauta kum I ji qan Gen Hassan ya mtu da fushin bara
Seek knowledge to be usefull to the society, help and spread happiness.

bakangizo

I read this piece with sad amusement. But first let me extend my sympathy to the writer, firstly over the ordeal his father went through, for committing no offence 'other than supporting NEPU instead of NPC', and secondly over the "slaughter of innocent people" he witnessed. Again because they committed no offence other than supporting NEPU. Definitely such a harrowing experience, witnessed by a child, leaves an indelible scar on the child's mind for a very long time, if not forever.  It is condemnable and totally sad to think that such crimes were committed to our people, by our people. What this means in effect is that the current political thuggery we are witnessing had its roots aforetime.

However, I failed to see how the actions of some political thugs, in the name of NPC, would warrant a total condemnation of Sir Ahmadu Bello; his person, his character and mien, culminating in a disdainful response to, and rejection of, the idea of somebody else bearing his title of Sardauna. Put another way, the "atrocities" (such a big word) committed by his cronies (which by inference means he ordered them to) is such that he is not worthy of being emulated. His name is just not worth bearing. Right? Nothing can be more ridiculous. To be honest, this to me personally, on a lighter note, is akin to committing "treason".  ;D :(Someone (I think muhsin) mentioned that Abubakar Rimi, in one of his usual tantrums (u know he has a phobia for anything relating to Shekarau) as having lambasted or exposed Sir Ahmadu Bello's crimes. Are we talking about the same Rimi that lacks political direction, loyalty or principle? Are we talking about the same Rimi that can say anything right, wrong, sensible, senseless, reasonable or unreasonable, just to drive home his ego-inflated ideas? I believe Rimi's betrayal of Aminu Kano/NEPU is more outrageous than whatever 'crime' he may want to accuse the Sardauna of. He is the last person to cast aspersion on people's personae. He just lacked the merit, moral or otherwise to do that, courtesy of his social and political activities in recent memory. 

Sir Ahmadu Bello is no saint, by all means. But he literally gave birth to the "Good 'ol North" as we knew it then, before it was bastardized by selfish, greedy and incompetent leaders. Arewa (and its people) is what it is largely because of him. You, me, and everyone else are beneficiaries of his legacies. His hindsight, thoughtfulness, selflessness, resourcefulness and hard work. In other places, people like him are literally worshipped. This to me overshadowed any shortcomings that might be used to smear his good name.

It is my believe that he, along with a few others, deserved our eternal gratitude; not half-baked criticisms and hastily-exhumed "crimes" the NPC committed, in his name. Anyway, this is the north – where we are ever ready to put down our leaders and crucify them no matter what. We seem to be in a race against ourselves to see who will abuse/insult which leader the most. A pity.

gogannaka

Nice one BKGZ.

Concerning your last paragraph, it is not only the north that has this problem of abusing leaders,the whole nation is like that.
Nigerians are a pessimistic bunch kawai.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment