News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Goodluck Jonathan Is Now The "President" Of Nigeria

Started by Muhsin, February 09, 2010, 04:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan-Borno

i am not anti north, but when yar'adua was the president, little
did he know that the group of cabals surrounding him did so many
atrocities in his name or in the name of his first lady - it is a known
fact that before he finally go down he barely works full-time and
turai do all the remaining work and before retiring to bed, you heard
him saying "Turai aji tsoron Allah".

To ga irinta nan, a situation were a special assistant or a minister
become so much powerful that he can stand down the orders of the
then vice president and looks down on him simply because he is the
vice president not forgeting that whatever they are doing secretly
will surely comes out, as there is nothing like absolute secrecy in
government affairs.

here is the terms of reference of a newly constituted 18 man presidential
project assesment committee purposely established to probe allege
contract scams in some ministries:

(i)  To take inventory of all on-going Projects awarded by the Federal Government
ii)   To assess the level of funding of each project
iii)  To undertake a physical inspection of each project to determine work done and to
     ascertain whether it is commensurate to the amount paid to the contractors
iv) To evaluate the professional competence of the contractors handling the various projects
v)  To examine whether the level of execution of the projects is in accordance with the terms
     of the contract agreement between the Federal Government and the contractor
vi) To examine a plan of action that is realistic, practical and achievable including implementation
     phases for the execution of the projects
vii) To examine the reason given if applicable why the projects were not executed in accordance
     with the terms of contract agreement at the time of the award; and
viii) To make appropriate recommendations to Government on how to fast-track the completion of the projects.

Arch. Ibrahim Bunu    -   Chairman
Mr. Bon Otti             -   Vice Chairman
Dr. O. O Oluleye        -   Secretary
Mr. Iboro Ege-Edaba  -    Member
Mr. Yomi Awoniyi -    Member
Navy Capt. (rtd.) Caleb Olubolade -    Member
Professor Aminu Mikhailu -    Member
Engineer [Dr.] Idris Abubakar -    Member
Engr. Pius Okpa -    Member
Mrs Kate Okparake -    Member
Engr. Usman Abubakar -    Member
Engr. Gbola Tokun-    Member
Engr. Etodo Inyang-    Member
Prof. Akoh N. Ugbabe -    Member
Engr. Ummi Aminu-    Member
Engr. Olusegun Adedeji-    Member
Engr. Khalil Inuwa -    Member
Engr. B. K. Mohammed.  -    Member

they are three months to submit their report while we keep vigilante
and see what will come out of it.
"My mama always used to tell me: 'If you can't find somethin' to live for, you best find somethin' to die for" - Tupak

gogannaka

DB,ni ka saka ma naji soayyar da take tsakani na da yar'adua ta karu.
Har nasiha yake ma matar shi ashe.
Kuma kai a ina ka samo labarin abun da suke fada shi da matar shi idan za su kwanta?

Please don't be too naive. So far,in our own political atmosphere the position of Vice president and deputy governor has always been looked down upon. Remember how the 'Kitchen cabinet' around Obasanjo ridiculed Atiku Abubakar to the extent that one of the 'Cabal' members then declared Atiku's seat vacant?
It isn't new in Nigeria's politics. You must be ready to play the dirty game.

I am sorry to keep your hopes down. A committee has never really worked in Nigeria.
They are just a bunch of recycled psychophants that will collect sitting allowances and what have you from the MDA's
and finally submit their report amidst fanfare and cameras and in the end that is all that will ever be heard from the 'committee'.
Later on the next administration will institute another committee that will probe the previous committee or the reasons why the findings
of the committee were never implemented?
Yau aka fara?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

maikyau

Tabbas maganar GGNK haka yake ba yau aka fara commitee a Nig.ba, kuma bamu taba jin report din committee yayi tasiri ba. Jonathan dai bukatarsa ya beci yaradua da jamaarsa don ya samu gindin zama.Haka shi ma zai gama wani ya  zo ya bace shi and life goes on.

EMTL

Quote from: Dan-Borno on March 05, 2010, 09:39:50 AM
iit is a known
fact that before he finally go down he barely works full-time and
turai do all the remaining work and before retiring to bed, you heard
him saying "Turai aji tsoron Allah".

Assalamu alaikum,
Dan barno, ai ban san kana kwana a gidan Shugaban kasa...Tsakanin Umaru da Turai ba... tsakininka da Allah (SWT) kan da tabbas din wannan abinda da ka rubuta?
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on March 04, 2010, 05:02:28 PM
Menene idan sun saka fararen kaya?
Allah ya kai ku wajen da kuma zaku zama power brokers ku ga if the thing is easy.
Intrigues of power play.

Why are you soooooo pro-establishment? It seems you have this believe that nobody can do the right thing once he/she gets into the govt. You really think that being mischief, manipulation, dishonesty, selfishness, looting,, greed, etc etc are the only way to go once you're in power? No one can get it right, or do the right thing, once there?

gogannaka

BKGZ it seems you have misunderstood me.

Its the other way round.
Most Nigerian's see those in power as people that can never do good and anything they do is in their own interest only.
You will not know what they are going through unless you are in their position.

Gaskiya i think the fact that those behind Yar'adua put on white clothes is not an issue worth discussing
It seem to me that the media has run out of stories to captivate their poor audience that they had resorted to tabloid mode of reporting.

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on March 08, 2010, 02:27:57 PM
BKGZ it seems you have misunderstood me.

Its the other way round.
Most Nigerian's see those in power as people that can never do good and anything they do is in their own interest only.
You will not know what they are going through unless you are in their position.

What are they going through that's so different from other leaders elsewhere that are doing good to their people? You see in a way, you trying to excuse their ineptitude.

QuoteGaskiya i think the fact that those behind Yar'adua put on white clothes is not an issue worth discussing
It seem to me that the media has run out of stories to captivate their poor audience that they had resorted to tabloid mode of reporting.

There's everything wrong with that move. It shows them as alienating themselves from other members of the cabinet. It's a way of saying, "Look, Yar'adua belong to us. We are his custodians, trustees, confidants, whatever". It is childish and immature. Biki ake yi da zasu sako kayan anko? Ko owanbe akeyi? Haba don dai kawai we are not a serious people? ::)

Abu-Safwan

The yearning of yar adua by the northerners has become much relevant today. But I don't know our love to him is born out tribalism - because he is northerner not because he is religious. It when GJ appear to us as a 'tribal patriotic' in his leadership that I may prefer  him to yar'adu'a. noted.   

gogannaka

@ abusafwan.
What do you mean by tribal patriotic?

He has finally dissoved the cabinet. Dama chan ya canza NSA
Yanzu babu zancen kitchen cabinet na Yar'adua.

We sit back and see what will happen next.
Can he rule without his own kitchen cabinet?
Will he continue the programs of Yar'adua?
Will he conduct credible elections in 2011?
Should Yar'adua recuperate fully,will he hand over to him?
Will his ascension be a blessing to the nation or be the dividing catalyst for the nation?