News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Umaru Musa Yar'adua.

Started by gogannaka, May 06, 2010, 12:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

Umaru Yar'Adua, the long-ailing president, died about 9 pm in the presidential villa. Some security aides notified Aliyu Gusau, the National Security Adviser, who immediately called Goodluck Jonathan. The two men then went over together to the Villa to see Turai Yar'Adua, to pray for the soul of the departed.

Mr. Jonathan automatically becomes the substantive president and, according to the constitution, must be sworn in tonight by Nigeria's chief justice. The chief justice is expected at the Villa shortly.

Mr. Jonathan, who was hosting the president of Niger, has cancelled all appointments, including a planned trip to Port Harcourt Thursday morning.

Aides say he will declare a period of national mourning.

Mr. Jonathan will now need to have a vice president, all of which scrambles an already unsettled political atmosphere. One of the key contenders was the man who informed him of Mr. Yar'Adua's passing, Mr. Gusau, the retired General.

Mr. Yar'Adua must be buried within 24 hours according to Muslim law. He had been ailing for many years, but his various health problems-- heart, liver, lung and other conditions-- took a downturn last November, when he was flown to Saudi Arabia for treatment. He never fully recovered.

From 234next.
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/National/5564878-146/nigerias_president_dies___.csp

May his soul rest in peace.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum,
Allah (SWT) ya jikanshi da gafara kuma Ya albarkaci iyalansa. Muna rokon Allah (SWT) Ya zaba mana sabon Shugaban kasa na kwarai mai imani dea zauna da kasarmu lahiya-amiyn.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

Muhsin

Assalamu alaikum,

Allah ya jikan Alhaji Umaru Musa 'Yar Adua.

Allah ya sa idan tamu ta zo mu cika da imani.

Ameen.  :'(
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

As i read the comments posted by people on online newspaper pages,i felt very sorry for Nigeria.
This is a doomed nation full of wicked and pathetic people.
People who rejoice the death of one of its most sincere and honest leaders.
People who are happy that his wife is without a husband now,not knowing how it feels to see someone she has lived with all her life turn into a helpless miskeen.
If not for the fact that bad prayer is bad i would have asked God to subject all of them to such calamity so that they have a taste of how bitter it can be.

May the Almighty grant Yar'adua eternal rest. His own problems are over inshaAllah.
May he give the family the fortitude to bear the loss and all the smearing that will follow.

lionger

What a great pity that it has come to this. From day one this man looked liked he was better off tending to his health than occupying the turbulent hotseat in Aso Rock. This end may have been entirely avoidable  :(.

I feel for his family. May God comfort them!

HUSNAA

The end cant be avoided Lionger. He was destined to die when he did and he would have done so at the very second he died regardless of whether he was president or not. The pity is that he died while he was still a leader of a nation. I am sorry for the fact that he was much maligned by ppl who dont know a hoot nor care a hoot about him. I cant say that I care a hoot about him myself since I dont know him and I dont think he was the best leader for nigeria and I never for once believed that he gained access to the presidency legitimately. So although I am not happy for his being maligned maliciously by ill bred and jaundiced minds, I must say that it was unavoidable. The upturn of it is that these malevolent minds are actually doing him a much needed favor, by appropriating to themselves some of his misdeeds. It is to be hoped that his mortal illness acts as absolution towards his sins. I feel so sure that if Yar adua were to be given a choice (by the cohorts surrounding him when he was alive) of either continuing as president or resigning to consign his being wholly to his Lord, he would choose the latter rather than the former. He wasnt given that choice by the overambitious power loving leeches surrounding him. He probably never knew what was happening around him anyway although  all efforts were made to hoodwink the general public into thinking that he was hale and hearty and only speech impaired.   
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

Husnaa, it might turn out that Umaru Yar'adua will  be judged as one of the best leaders that has ever ruled the country.
Yar'adua has never been associated with corruption. During the probe of bank PHB by the CBN, he was persuaded to clear the situation being a director in the bank but he declined.
He was a very transparent leader. When ever he speaks about the nation you could see the passion on his face,a passion that most Nigerian leaders lack.
He has done so many positive things to the nation in a short while despite his ill-health.

You are a fan of General Buhari. I know he did a lot of good during his military era also. What makes the way Buhari assumed power different from the way Yar'adua became president. Buhari made his way through a military coup,people didn't vote for him.
The way he came to office should not blind us from seeing the good he has done for the nation.
I still believe Yar'adua's votes were more than Buhari's vote during the presidential election. (at least the courts have confirmed)
But yes,there were flaws in the election and Yar'adua admitted there were flaws and he promised to make amends. We are all seeing how the electoral reforms are going now. Results would be signed and announced at polling centers. That i believe is a giant stride in the electoral reform program and another good legacy he left behind.

May Allah make where he is much much better than this world.

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on May 09, 2010, 12:58:34 AM
The end cant be avoided Lionger. He was destined to die when he did and he would have done so at the very second he died regardless of whether he was president or not. The pity is that he died while he was still a leader of a nation. I am sorry for the fact that he was much maligned by ppl who dont know a hoot nor care a hoot about him. I cant say that I care a hoot about him myself since I dont know him and I dont think he was the best leader for nigeria and I never for once believed that he gained access to the presidency legitimately. So although I am not happy for his being maligned maliciously by ill bred and jaundiced minds, I must say that it was unavoidable. The upturn of it is that these malevolent minds are actually doing him a much needed favor, by appropriating to themselves some of his misdeeds. It is to be hoped that his mortal illness acts as absolution towards his sins. I feel so sure that if Yar adua were to be given a choice (by the cohorts surrounding him when he was alive) of either continuing as president or resigning to consign his being wholly to his Lord, he would choose the latter rather than the former. He wasnt given that choice by the overambitious power loving leeches surrounding him. He probably never knew what was happening around him anyway although  all efforts were made to hoodwink the general public into thinking that he was hale and hearty and only speech impaired.   

Well said.

I'm afraid what lionger said is what some people wrongly think. They tend to forget that death is just a way which everyone must take. No cure for it, or for the condition in which one will die. It's destined, already, that 'Yar Adua would die as he did, i.e. on the helm of Nigerian power as President.

May Allah, the Exalted, grant his soul an eternal peace, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

lionger

Quote from: Muhsin on May 14, 2010, 06:30:24 PM
Quote from: HUSNAA on May 09, 2010, 12:58:34 AM
The end cant be avoided Lionger. He was destined to die when he did and he would have done so at the very second he died regardless of whether he was president or not. The pity is that he died while he was still a leader of a nation. I am sorry for the fact that he was much maligned by ppl who dont know a hoot nor care a hoot about him. I cant say that I care a hoot about him myself since I dont know him and I dont think he was the best leader for nigeria and I never for once believed that he gained access to the presidency legitimately. So although I am not happy for his being maligned maliciously by ill bred and jaundiced minds, I must say that it was unavoidable. The upturn of it is that these malevolent minds are actually doing him a much needed favor, by appropriating to themselves some of his misdeeds. It is to be hoped that his mortal illness acts as absolution towards his sins. I feel so sure that if Yar adua were to be given a choice (by the cohorts surrounding him when he was alive) of either continuing as president or resigning to consign his being wholly to his Lord, he would choose the latter rather than the former. He wasnt given that choice by the overambitious power loving leeches surrounding him. He probably never knew what was happening around him anyway although  all efforts were made to hoodwink the general public into thinking that he was hale and hearty and only speech impaired.  

Well said.

I'm afraid what lionger said is what some people wrongly think. They tend to forget that death is just a way which everyone must take. No cure for it, or for the condition in which one will die. It's destined, already, that 'Yar Adua would die as he did, i.e. on the helm of Nigerian power as President.

May Allah, the Exalted, grant his soul an eternal peace, amin.

Muhsin and Husnaa (particularly Muhsin) when I said that "this end may have been comepletely avoidable" I was not talking about the inevitability of death for all human beings (obviously!) Why would you take it to mean that? What I meant (which really should have been clear for all to see) is had Yar'Adua been left to take care of himself rather than propped before us to carry the burdensome load called Nigeria, he may well still be alive today. Yes we must all die someday, but it does necessarily have to be today, while feebly clinging to powers and prestige that we have no right to, and would be far better dispensed in the hands of others.

Muhsin, countless terrible things have been destined to happen on this earth since time immemorial. Cleary this does not mean that we should take leave of our senses since everything that happens will happen no matter what? Maybe its time we asked God why we are 'predestined' to languish in the gutter while other nations are 'predestined' to surge ahead - but of course we already know the answer to that question. I daresay it might be 'wrong thinking' or even sacrilege to put this farce at the feet of the Almighty God, while ignoring the large elephant in the room which constitutes our own culpability.

Husnaa, I don't think Yar'Adua can be let off the hook that easily. A blue-blooded Fulani politician with such a rich heritage is no small fry and if willing should be able to stand up for himself, rather than become a pawn for another's questionable agenda. He must bear responsibility for it all, he made Nigeria endure during his stint in office.

Muhsin

Hey, lionger

The issue of ineluctability of death, I very well know, was not what you are talking there. Again, the other issue of destiny, predestination or whatever you refer to it as is a very hotly and oftenly debated concept, which, hence, I won't dwell even a little on here. It largely gets to do with one's belief, faith and view of this life. For instance in my own faith and view one should not utter anything like "This end may have been entirely avoidable" that obviously questions God's act, i.e. taking the soul.

More-over, I didn't come to that conclusion that not only you wrongly think that way until I read one write-up by The Punch editor, where he clearly says 'Yar Adua's death could have been avoidable. Avoidable my foot! Nothing could have been avoided, nothing, I reiterate.

BTW, I'm one of the exponent members aboard this forum who opposed the 'Yar Adua's "kitchen cabinet", "cabal" or whatever you call them; and I again severely and severally opposed and to some extent even condemned his tight grief of power while he was apparently incapacitated to. I was (and am) also against the so-called Nigerian elites, particularly Northern, because of their deceit and hypocrisy regarding 'Yar Adua's ill-health. Allah ya jikan shi, amin.

Beside, thanks for your "clarification". It clears things more.

lionger

Quote from: Muhsin on May 16, 2010, 11:49:48 AM

For instance in my own faith and view one should not utter anything like “This end may have been entirely avoidable” that obviously questions God’s act, i.e. taking the soul.

Really? So if Yar'Adua jumped off a cliff to his death, you cannot say "this end may have been entirely avoidable' without questioning God's act? Yeah, right! ;D

More-over, I didn’t come to that conclusion that not only you wrongly think that way until I read one write-up by The Punch editor, where he clearly says ‘Yar Adua’s death could have been avoidable. Avoidable my foot! Nothing could have been avoided, nothing, I reiterate.

You came to conclusions on my post based on another man's article, which I haven't even read? How wise!

Muhsin

Quote from: lionger on May 20, 2010, 10:11:48 PM
You came to conclusions on my post based on another man's article, which I haven't even read? How wise!

How wise you cannot see the connection between my words, yours and that of The Punch editor!  ;D