News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

did u knw that!

Started by zezezee, December 25, 2003, 01:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zezezee

QuoteI'm glad we have a guru here.
Zezezee in what format and where does windows xp hide its password files?

In a file called the SAM file and of course, encrypted. but so far u can lay ur hands on it, decrypting it with the right tools is only within an amount of time.

if the file system in NTFS, then u have to get ntfs disk partition access software that is not windows based for u to grab da shege!

Both winxp and 2k were built on the same architecture, ibro2g. Meaning, most skillz on xp will also work for 2k.

QuoteZezezee can I accomplish this even when a person is logging in with a dynamic IP address?

u mean if hes stays on for a long time huh!
 just realised that nothing is what it seems.

Baruti M. Kamau

I mean how can I get a person's computer IP address separate from the dynamic IP address that one's ISP is assigning them?

Dante

In a file called the SAM file and of course, encrypted. but so far u can lay ur hands on it, decrypting it with the right tools is only within an amount of time.

if the file system in NTFS, then u have to get ntfs disk partition access software that is not windows based for u to grab da shege!

Both winxp and 2k were built on the same architecture, ibro2g. Meaning, most skillz on xp will also work for 2k.

u mean if hes stays on for a long time huh!

Wow, that's amazin. But why izit that widows XP does'nt
support many user profiles on a single PC? Not like win2K.

I experience this prob with XP about frequently hanging
if more than one profile is created. What u suggest to do
inorder to avoid the thing?

zezezee

hey, even win2k can support as much users as 40,000 on a network. But it has been tried by 16million users over a wide area network and it proved to be excellent . So, my man, i personally dont think just creating a few accounts on the same pc wld cause that.

To start with, I think u should patch up the OS. Winxp has a few bugs here and there. But the most critical of dem all are these 2:

1. The patch against the blaster worm: Remote proceedure call thingy. This patch prevents our pc from becoming vonerable to remote hackers. and

2. Buffer over run patch. Without this patch, ur pc will from time to time be hangin and sometimes it will take soo much time to perform normal file operations (copy n paste).

Apart from these, u can also install service pack for winxp from the microsoft website.  

Winxp is the best OS microsoft has ever produced. Not to mention the support it has for so many features of network and future telecomms protocols.

Dante

Maqari

Hey how come the geeks (PC heads ) are taking over ? where  are the MAC users ? any graphic junky in here ? l

zezezee

nada man.......
stricly pc and computing here.....but hey, educate us!  ;)

hey, just wanted to talk about MS Blaster worm....how it gets distributed across the globe.

As soon as the worm gets on a new machine, it checks to see if theres a cousin running, if yes, it doesnt have to attack for the second time. But if none, then it will attack the host by putting itself in the memory. Then it adds a command to the registry of the PC so that the next time windows starts, it will automatically start too. It then generates an IP addy and slides to that IP address genarated.

The IP address generation follows a simple algorithm. For 40% of the time, the generated IP address is of the form A.B.C.0, where A and B are equal to the first two parts of the infected computer's IP address. C is also calculated by the third part of the infected system's IP address; however, for 40% of the time the worm checks whether C is greater than 20. If so, a random value less than 20 is subtracted from C. Once the IP address is calculated, the worm will attempt to find and exploit a computer with the IP address A.B.C.0.The worm will then increment the 0 part of the IP address by 1, attempting to find and exploit other computers based on the new IP address, until it reaches 254.With a probability of 60%, the generated IP address is completely random.

Sends data on TCP port 135 that may exploit the DCOM RPC vulnerability. The worm sends one of two types of data: either to exploit Windows XP or Windows 2000.

When ones computer is infected by this worm, it will keep sending 200 bytes of packets every second to the internet (http). This will slow down ones connection badly..... :'( :'(

Patch-up ur PCs to stay outta trouble ppl..... ;D

kofa

n GOD i trust

gogannaka

Thanx zezezee,
There's still no solution to there blaster worm is there?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

zezezee

QuoteThanx zezezee,
There's still no solution to there blaster worm is there?

just patch up ur system ma man! u can download the patch from Microsoft website at the ffl link below:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=e70a0d8b-fe98-493f-ad76-bf673a38b4cf&displaylang=en

ajingi

Zezezee
Wat ?op if tha computer has a workstation, and you want to log in. while u have no administration previledge.
I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

zezezee

sorry home boi Farisi, i have been away from this iddictive site for a while now....and hence, the silence....

on the issue, im not clear. elaborate more on that pls......if the pc has a worstation? U mean NT workstation??