News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Nikah Misyar

Started by Dan-Borno, October 04, 2010, 04:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

All this big turanci from the pros and the cons. Ni I tend to be a bit ambivalent about this type of marriage. I think I once heard about a type of marriage practiced during the time of the prophet whereby some of the sahabis who were away on a mission like war for example took temporary wives in the places that they went to. The marriage lasted as long as they were there in the country/ province whereever. However it was made unlawful (?) or discouraged because of some certain reasons, I cant remember.
I think for once I am with BKG on this issue. Gross abuse will follow this type of marriage. Look at it this way: already we have men (in the North especially) who like to marry and divorce i(with impunity) in the same manner as they change their clothes when they get dirty. This is giving them carte blanche to  clear their consciences of any wrong doing!!!
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Abu-Fatima

The type of marriage Husna was referring to is known as temporary marriage. It is haram in the Sunni world, but considered lawfull and is still being practiced in the Shi'a world, even here in Nigeria.