News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Who will you vote for president in 2011?

Started by gogannaka, October 18, 2010, 02:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

BKGZ thanks for the websites.
Buhari has no website but his campaign team are doing a very good job and the media are always reporting his activities.
You know,getting the media to report your every move is part of the campaign too.
Buhari and the rest of the contenders (including busy body GEJ) are all busy touring the nation in search of support.
Shekarau kuwa ban taba ji ya je wani gari ba bude campaign office ba ko wani abu.
Gaskiya to me, Shekarau idan ba triumph newspaper ka karanta ba ba'a san yana takara ba.
There's just not that energy and commitment to show you he is seriously up for the post.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

bakangizo

Quote from: HUSNAA on October 24, 2010, 03:24:56 AM
Hmm Ai Makarfi ma has brought stability to Kaduna state. I am NOT voting  for SHEKARAU!! If it were possible, I would vote Raji Fashola.

Makarfi did the same thing? Great! We should applaud all leaders capable of doing that. It is no mean feat. You won't vote for Shekarau?, No suprise there ;D Ai ba sai kin fada ba. Don't worry, you'll come around. In da nasan office din ki, da na zo nayi miki campaign.

Quote from: gogannaka on October 26, 2010, 11:53:41 AM
BKGZ thanks for the websites.
Buhari has no website but his campaign team are doing a very good job and the media are always reporting his activities.
You know,getting the media to report your every move is part of the campaign too.
Buhari and the rest of the contenders (including busy body GEJ) are all busy touring the nation in search of support.
Shekarau kuwa ban taba ji ya je wani gari ba bude campaign office ba ko wani abu.
Gaskiya to me, Shekarau idan ba triumph newspaper ka karanta ba ba'a san yana takara ba.
There's just not that energy and commitment to show you he is seriously up for the post.

Gaskiya ne. But like I said earlier, there might be a reason. Just read in his website that his campaign organisation is just being set up now for the local, state and federal offices. The reason for the delay being that he was awaiting the ANPP convention first. So, yeah, his political aspiration in rather on the quiet side. But look at it this way - he doesn't have the popularity and pedigree of buhari; the financial clout and connection of IBB or the federal might of Goodluck. And remember that it is not even a guarantee that he would get the ANPP ticket at the end. So he has to tread carefully. A lot of work needs to be put in place. From garnering support to securing finances, before he start making noises. That's my view on it. 

Muhsin

To campaign for Shekarau as president is nothing but an illusion. I always laugh ;D ;D ;D
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=5711:shekarau-may-drop-presidential-ambition-for-senate&catid=2:lead-stories&Itemid=8

Shekarau may drop presidential ambition for Senate[/size

Kano State Governor Ibrahim Shekarau who formally declared intention in Abuja last August to contest next year's presidential election on the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) may jettison the aspiration for the Kano Central Senatorial seat, our correspondent learnt in Kano yesterday.
But Shekarau's senior media aide, Sule Ya'u Sule, however, described the development as untrue, saying the governor still eyes the presidency and nothing would change his decision to offer himself for the country's presidency.

Daily Trust learnt on good authority that the governor's presidency declaration was only a smoke-screen as his real political ambition after governorship was go to the Senate to represent Kano central senatorial zone that consists of 15 local government areas which include the six metropolitan councils.

Shekarau's former top aide confided in Daily Trust that the governor had already personally told his closest aides that he indeed had interest in the senatorial seat which one of his wives had  indicated interest in early this year.

The governor's interest in the senatorial seat, according to findings, was said to have blocked many ANPP politicians with clout from contesting the seat that is currently being occupied by Senator Muhammad Adamu Bello who decamped to PDP last September.

Sources close to the governor said Shekarau would for now be seen as one of the ANPP presidential aspirants and he would in the long run dump the move to contest the senate seat which the source also said would be easy for him. Shekarau's decision to finally settle for the senate seat, according to the source, followed wide consultations with many eminent personalities from the state who advised that the governor should jettison the presidential aspiration and go for senate.

It was gathered that the governor was comfortable that there was no deadline for the sale of ANPP  forms and when it is clear that he will no longer continue to pursue his presidential aspiration it would be easy for him to buy the party's senate form for the contest.

Daily Trust checks showed that for now the only conspicuous aspirant for the Kano central senatorial seat under the ANPP platform is Alhaji Aminu Abba Ibrahim who resigned last month as managing director of Kano's owned transport company, Kano Line, to contest next year's senate elections.

It was also learnt that even Ibrahim was said to be in the race only to prepare ground for Shekarau, even though the former Kano Line boss dismissed the insinuations, saying as he was on his own in his determination to clinch the senate seat.

Ibrahim also said he was not even aware that the governor would equally contest the same senate seat with him, saying Shekarau would not reduce himself to that level as he already gone far in the presidential race.

Shekarau's senior special assistant on media and public relations Sule Ya'u Sule dismissed as untrue that the governor was eyeing Kano central senatorial seat instead of presidency he earlier declared for last August.

He said the governor's presidential campaign team had already been expanded from four to nine directors. This, according to him, was in preparation for the governor's presidential campaign tour of all parts of the council billed to start this month.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

bakangizo

I also heard the rumours. And many would agree that may be the senate would be a better path for him now. I think this stems only from the fact that he is in the "wrong" party, so to say. If he were a PDP governor, the story would be different. Who are the presidential aspirants currently on display? Jonathan?, IBB?, Saraki?, Ribadu?, Gusau?, Buhari?, Tofa? Give me Shekarau anytime, anyday!!

People laughed when he was contesting for the governorship seat in Kano. He beat the odds. In his re-election bid, people said only Buhari's popularity helped him in the first place. True. Amma sun manta da kaddara da ikon Allah. So they were happy when he fell out with him. Then Buhari maliciously stayed away from Kano to prove that he was the one that got him elected, so without him, no way would Shekarau get re-elected. The rest is history. So to me, ba yadda Allah bai iya ba. And again, he's as good as, if not better than a lot of the contestants. Anything can happen.

That said, whatever Mallam decide to contest for, muna goyon bayan shi, dari-bisa-dari. Senate, President, whatever. ;D

bakangizo

Well, may be this will put to rest the speculation.

From Daily Trust.

Presidency: 54 Reps buy ANPP form for Shekarau .
Thursday, 04 November 2010 00:00 Abbas Jimoh & Turaki A. Hassan

Kano State governor Malam Ibrahim Shekarau yesterday became the first to pick the expression of interest and nomination forms for the 2011 presidential primaries of the All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP).
Fifty four members of the ANPP in the House of Representatives converged at the headquarters of the party in Abuja yesterday and paid N11 million to obtain the forms on behalf of the governor.

The Minority Leader of the House of Representatives Ali Ndume who led other members also said that his members had articulated 50 "sound" reasons the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) must  be voted out of power by 2011.

Ndume said that his members have carefully studied all the achievements of Governor Shekarau since he became governor and concluded that he could replicate the same feat in the country should he become president.

Ndume said: "Shekarau has also supported us in the House of Representatives and I can tell you that even the leadership of the House associates with him proudly. We have therefore decided on our own, to contribute among ourselves N11 million to purchase this form for him, as token of our appreciation for what he has done for our party and for Kano State.

"ANPP is now a formidable party that is poised to defeat all other contenders for the Presidential seat in 2011, Governor Shekarau is the best choice for the party," he added.

National Chairman of the Party, Chief Ogbonnaya Onu, who was represented by the National Secretary of the party, Alhaji Lawal Shetima, told the lawmakers that with the purchase of the form, Shekarau became the first candidate of the party to pick the nomination form for the party's presidential primaries.

He said that the party was proud of ANPP members in the house because of the quality of their representation.

Dante

bakangizo

Quote from: Dante on November 08, 2010, 05:13:55 PM
Allah ya zaba mafi alkhairi. Ameen.

Shikenan kuwa, malam Dante. Wannan addu'ar tafi duk wani musu da muke tayi.