News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Waw, what a 'Nastalgia'!!!

Started by Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu, December 14, 2010, 12:03:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abbas Bubakar El-ta'alu

Time magazine article from 1965 (45 years ago)!!!

Those were the good old days, when the wealthy in Nigeria actually contributed to the growth and overall prosperity of the society. The Society looked up to these people then because the source of their wealth was clear to all and sundry.
   Forty-five years later, looting of the public treasury at the expense of Nigerians, is the primary source of wealth for the "New Rich". Instead of at least showing a little patriotism, and not even  following suit, people are now conferring themselves titles of first republic almost totalitarians.
   I wish, like my friend in the UK, that sent me this article, we could all see the difference with what obtains today. Many, nay, most of our rich are just both endo- and exogenic parasites on Government pause and patronage. Woe be on to them!!!

Just click here and enjoy reading the interesting article!

"It is not the strongest species that survive nor the most intelligent, but the ones that are more responsive to change"
                               ~ Charles Darwin ~

"You can not hold a man down without staying down with him".

HUSNAA

Lallai if only. Wai where did we miss road ne?
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum