News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Abuja Blast: Terrorists at work

Started by gogannaka, January 02, 2011, 12:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gogannaka

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/abuja-blast-terrorists-at-work-jonathan/

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday described Friday's bomb attack at the Mogadishu Cantonment Mammy Market as a terrorist attack on Nigeria, saying  preliminary analysis of the explosives so far has shown that they have same characteristics with the ones used in the Jos Christmas eve attacks.

His words, "These explosives and explosions are part of the road bumps that are being placed to halt our march forward but God will see us through.

They will never stop Nigeria from where we are going to. We must work and reproduce a country for our children, a country where there will be no space for terrorists, a country where there will be no bombers and people with explosives to deter us."

Speaking at a church service to mark the New Year at the ECWA Church, Wuse 2, Abuja, the President declared, "Some people say they are politicians, some say they are religious fanatics but to me they are pure criminals, they are the ones demons are using these days and they are not only in Nigeria.

"From the preliminary analysis of the explosives so far used in Nigeria, the one used in the October 1 explosion has the same characteristics with the ones that happened in Port Harcourt, Warri and some parts of the Niger Delta, it has been classified.

"The one that happened yesterday (Friday), from preliminary analysis, is identical with the one that happened in Jos. So, there are two routes. So, as long as the security operatives know where the two routes are, we will get to where these things are coming from," he added.

See photos of the Abuja blast victims here
Blaming terrorists, he said, "For those of you who have time to listen to world news on Aljazeera or CNN, you will see that terrorism is crisis-crossing the whole world. Today, there are two things that are so important and so noticeable – technological developments. Countries are developing technologically. The next that is pushing these countries backwards is terrorism."

Continuing, he said, "The senior pastor (of ECWA church) did mention in his sermon what happened last night. One of the pictures I saw on television, because I am yet to visit the victims, is that of a very young child;  I'm sure most of you must have seen it. As I came into the church and saw some of the young children, I wondered how somebody will plant an explosive that will kill any of these children under- 10. What kind of person do you think that person is?

"In terrorism,  the instruments they use is that of technology but instead of using their scientific knowledge to climb, some people use it to drag their nations backward. If you look at nations that are developing, you talk of Brazil, those that were close to us during independence — India, Singapore, Malaysia, China- those that are developed, United States, their citizens are not involved in terrorist attacks. They are moving their nations forward.

"But, the demons who do not like good things, if a country wants to move forward, they look for a way to push you backwards and these are what we, as a nation, are experiencing. But, I will tell Nigerians, be calm, and be stable. If you look at the Israelites' journey to the Promised Land, it was tortuous, a number of them even died along the way.

"We must have challenges. It was Bongos Ikwue who sang that 'nothing good comes  easy, this I know.' So, nothing good will come so easily to us. For us to get to  where we want to go as a nation, we will have obstacles. These explosives and explosions are part of the road bumps that are being placed but God will see us through."

Jonathan added: "God will help us as a nation that we will get to the root of this matter. I urge Christians to continue to pray that some of these people will even confess to Nigerians that at the appropriate time they will tell us that they are behind this.

"But, for now, the security people are on it and they will get to the root of this matter. We will get to the root of the car bombs that started in Niger Delta and crept into Abuja and this one too that started in Jos and crept into Abuja.

"Nigerians should not be deterred; they should pray more because we know that for you to get to the Promised Land you will meet some obstacles as demonstrated by the journey of the Israelites. Nigerians own will not be different; but surely, by God's grace, we will get there," he added.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What do you think of this statement?
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

gogannaka

And this one:

http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=34119:11-feared-killed-in-fresh-bomb-explosions-in-abuja&catid=1:national&Itemid=559

IN what appeared to be a grotesque New Year gift to the nation, another group of death merchants yesterday exploded bombs in the mammy market of Mogadishu Barracks (formerly Abacha barracks) and in the Jikwoi area, Karu, Abuja.

About 11 people were believed to have died in the explosions.
According to sources, the explosion at the Mogadishu Barracks occurred at about 7.45 pm, at the mammy market area of the barracks, home to a cluster of drinking joints and crowd of drinkers.

The yet-to-be-identified device exploded near a fish-frying shop in the bustling market. It is believed that the casualties were mainly soldiers and their family members doing last minute shopping for the New Year.

Claiming responsibility for the blasts, the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta (MEND) through a short statement by the spokesman, Gbomo Jomo, said the bomb threat is real, warning residents of Abuja to stay away from the Eagles Square, Unity Fountain and Millennium Park in the city.
The statement said: "The bomb threat is real. Residents of Abuja should steer clear of places like the Eagle Square, Unity Fountain and Millennium Park."

"Dear friends," the statement added, "please try and stay home today. The bomb threats are real; we have sent this message to the police and SSS. Avoid Unity Fountain, Eagle Square and Millenium Park tonight. Failure to adhere to this message will have dire consequences like the Independence Day. A word is enough for the wise. There's no point celebrating New Year with poverty and insecurity in the country as we enter d election year."

Sources revealed that the bombs had exploded from bags laden with explosives, which were left at the drinking joints by the attackers. The explosions had caught up with many people, who were drinking and making merry, as part of their New Year eve rendezvous.

Sources revealed that while many people were killed on the spot, scores of others sustained various degrees of injuries. Corpses of the victims were deposited at the Asokoro General Hospitals mortuary, while the injured were distributed to various hospitals for medical attention.

The explosion in Jikwoyi, a suburb of the federal capital, occurred at about 8.45pm. Many other people were also injured in the attack. It was gathered that the explosion occurred near Dunamis International Gospel Church ostensibly targeting people that would converge at the venue for the New Year's eve worship, often heavily attended by Christian worshippers in Nigeria.
Following the blasts, soldiers and policemen promptly cordoned off the areas affected, while investigation had started.

President Goodluck Jonathan yesterday stridently  condemned the latest bomb blasts in the FCT. A statement by Presidential spokesman, Ima Niboro, said: "Tonight, evil people determined to turn the joys of fellow Nigerians to ashes detonated a bomb at a barracks market in the Federal Capital City.
"Basking in their nefarious success in Jos on Christmas eve, they have once again knifed at the heartstrings of a nation decked out in gaiety, celebrating New Year's eve. This is extreme evil. It is wicked. It defies all that we believe in, and stand for as a nation.

"The president, Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, condemns this attack, and commands the nation's security services to rise to the occasion and arrest this new and dangerous challenge to our peace and stability.
"There shall be no sacred cows. All, no matter how remotely connected to these incidents, must be brought to justice.
"They must be made to pay.  No one, and we repeat, no one, can make this nation ungovernable."

The police public relations officer for the FCT, Jimoh Moshood said in an interview that the command had moved members of its bomb disposal unit to the affected areas. He revealed that the command could not ascertain the number of people killed, as the affected areas were crowded.

As at 9.00pm, the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) General Oluseyi Petinrin was at the scene of the incident and cautioned Nigerians to be wary of strangers dropping bags near them and walking away pretending to be back.
Yesterday's bomb blasts came a week after several bomb explosions rocked Gada Biu, Angwar Rukuba areas of Jos, Plateau State, on Christmas eve killing about 80 people and injuring hundreds of others.

The Jos blasts had sparked reprisal attacks in other parts of Plateau State, which accounted for the high death toll.
At about the same time, the notorious Boko Haram Islamic sect unleashed mayhem in parts of Borno State killing a pastor and five others on Chrismas day.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

EMTL

Assalamu alaikum, VERY DISTURBING!!!!!!!!!!!! Allah (SWT) Ya kiyaye Ya bamu zama lafiya.
In the Affairs of People Fear Allah (SWT). In the Matters Relating to Allah (SWT) Do not be Afraid of Anybody. Ibn Katthab (RA).

bakangizo

Allah Ya kiyaye. this is the darkest period of our nationhood. In a country like nigeria where the security is poor

Suleman

Apparently MEND have come out to deny the attacks this time round. What really bothers me is that the government is ever ready to jump at the opportunity of these disasters and play politics with the situation, making it somewhat difficult for proper investigations to be carried out. It will signal a big change if we ever get to know the truth behind these attacks and as for the victims, well ... 'sai dai a lahira'.

Muhsin

Salam,

Whatsoever, I wish the attack wasn't carried out by Muslims nor will it be associated to them (I mean us) in whatever way, for I sense that they (government) will soon do. Even the Christmas Eve bomb attack, which some "Muslim" fanatics claim responsibility of, is probably not actually Muslims' act. Now I start hearing that investigation shows the same bomb was also used for the Yuletide attack.

May Allah protect us and our country, amin.   
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.