News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

eBook About Liberia by Baruti M. Kamau

Started by Baruti M. Kamau, December 17, 2010, 03:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baruti M. Kamau

Liberia: A Black American Perspective

Those who are interested in West African affairs cannot get an accurate grasp without considering Black America's contribution to modern state building in that region of Africa.  Baruti M. Kamau, an African American, in an unfinished book entitled "My Disquisition on the Liberian Political Phenomenon" that was initiated in 1995 writes: "The purpose of my disquisition on the Liberian Political Phenomenon is to trace the origins of the Liberian civil war and explain why Liberia was able to practice a pseudo-democracy with one party rule for more than a century without succumbing to military coup or civil war until relatively recent in their history."  Mr. Kamau goes further early in his disquisition to demonstrate that Black Americans who were second and third generations descended from Black African slaves were instrumental in establishing the seeds to a modern democracy in Africa, specifically Liberia, prior to the European colonization of Africa.

An Analysis of Afro-American state building in West Africa (1822-1995) written by Baruti M. Kamau
a.  Introduction
b.  Party Politics During The Commonwealth Period (1839-1847)
c.  The Rise of Edward J. Roye and Liberia's Down Trodden

IBB

IHS

Baruti M. Kamau

Thank you for expressing interest, IBB.  I'm planning to complete my disquisition on Liberia without a time table, which means it will be worked on gradually until I complete it.  Nevertheless, what I have completed so far helps to add a new slant on Liberia's past and future.  Peace ~