News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Terrorism in Nigeria.

Started by HUSNAA, February 08, 2012, 06:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HUSNAA

The spate of bombings and gun attacks in the Northern parts of Nigeria is becoming too much and the perpetrators are getting more and more buoyed up by the successful executions of these atrocities. On Monday, a group of armed youths attacked the police station in Sharada. Almost simultaneously, gunfire exchanges were reported at Mariri.  The next day on Tuesday, bomb blasts occurred in Kaduna. A shadowy terrorrist group the so called  Boko Haram is said to be behind these killings. Well some THING or BODY is definitely behind the killings. Boko Haram is like alqaeda, a group which like smoke you cannot grab or clutch at, because it is just a name and anyone, just about anyone can be behind the attacks and a multiplicity of atrocities can be carried out by several disparate terrorrist cells and still all go by the name of Boko Haram. Let us not forget that America "predicted the collapse of Nigeria as an entity by 2015. The fulfilment of this prophesy is probably being engineered by it. Who knows if America is the one giving us the Boko Haram treatment just like it dished out 9/11 and its consequences to Iraq and Afghanistan? Is it too ludicrous to imagine?
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

Husnaa, I strongly disbelieve that America wants Nigeria's breakup. There is a lot of conspiracies regarding the BH crisis but the involvement of the USG is very weak among the conspiracies. If anything, there is no country that gives Nigeria more support to fight BH and Niger Delta militants than the US. Any crisis at this time that would make global energy prices go high is not welcomed by the US.
It is worthy to note that the US, despite all the atrocities committed by BH has refused to label it a terrorist organisation. It was reported that Nigeria even hired a lobby group in the US to lobby the congress declare BH a terrorist organisation. As far as the USG  is concerned, BH does not pose a threat to the US. Up till now,BH hasn't targeted US citizens,businesses or interests. That is why some consiracy theorists believe the Nigerian govt orchestrated the UN building bombing and linked it to BH.
If the USG were to label BH as a terrorist organisation then part of the USG's homeland security budget and anti terrorism budget(in $$$) will find its way to Nigeria (this will be a very good source of smile to some Nigerian pockets).

With the BH saga, i now have a soft spot at how the United states is fighting terrorism. Its not easy to fight a psychological warfare as a nation.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

The BH issue is simply beyond me. Yet I believe there's a grand conspiracy around it. For instance, if one thinks that UN hqtrs attack was ochestrated by the Nigerian gov't, one is, in other words, dispelling the existence of BH. Why? The modus operandi deployed in carrying out the attack was the same as that of police hdqtrs. More-over, BH claimed responsibility and further even released the picture of the bomber--just like the police hdqtrs--to the media. Going by this, the theory becomes specious.

All I say regarding this is prayer: May Allah protect us all, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

HUSNAA

Quote from: gogannaka on February 11, 2012, 01:22:38 PM
Husnaa, I strongly disbelieve that America wants Nigeria's breakup. There is a lot of conspiracies regarding the BH crisis but the involvement of the USG is very weak among the conspiracies. If anything, there is no country that gives Nigeria more support to fight BH and Niger Delta militants than the US. Any crisis at this time that would make global energy prices go high is not welcomed by the US.
It is worthy to note that the US, despite all the atrocities committed by BH has refused to label it a terrorist organisation. It was reported that Nigeria even hired a lobby group in the US to lobby the congress declare BH a terrorist organisation. As far as the USG  is concerned, BH does not pose a threat to the US. Up till now,BH hasn't targeted US citizens,businesses or interests. That is why some consiracy theorists believe the Nigerian govt orchestrated the UN building bombing and linked it to BH.
If the USG were to label BH as a terrorist organisation then part of the USG's homeland security budget and anti terrorism budget(in $$$) will find its way to Nigeria (this will be a very good source of smile to some Nigerian pockets).

With the BH saga, i now have a soft spot at how the United states is fighting terrorism. Its not easy to fight a psychological warfare as a nation.

There is more than one way to kill a chicken (or a man for that matter)... you can wring its neck u can electrocute it, u can slash its neck... I still believe American elements are behind BH.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

gogannaka

But what does the US stand to gain from all the BH crises? That is my question.

lionger

Quote from: gogannaka on February 14, 2012, 11:49:06 AM

Good question gogannaka.

Of course stranger things have happened, and it is not beyond the power of the U.S. to be involved in something like this. However, until evidence of this actually comes to light, it is better for us to consider simpler, and, to be honest,  more obvious explanations. In a region that has suffered sporadic outbreaks of Islamist militancy since the the jihads of the early 19th century, should American involvement really be the first thing that comes to mind? Lets consider internal factors first. Anything else, I daresay, is premature and even irresponsible.

Muhsin

Quote from: lionger on February 15, 2012, 12:25:54 PM
Quote from: gogannaka on February 14, 2012, 11:49:06 AM

Good question gogannaka.

Of course stranger things have happened, and it is not beyond the power of the U.S. to be involved in something like this. However, until evidence of this actually comes to light, it is better for us to consider simpler, and, to be honest,  more obvious explanations. In a region that has suffered sporadic outbreaks of Islamist militancy since the the jihads of the early 19th century, should American involvement really be the first thing that comes to mind? Lets consider internal factors first. Anything else, I daresay, is premature and even irresponsible.

What exactly are you alluding to? Please shade more light. Thanks
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.