News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Recommendations for Good Clothing

Started by bamalli, July 23, 2013, 06:17:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamalli

An-Nawawi records in his book Riyad us-Saliheen:

Allah said:

يَا بَنِي آدَمَ قَدْ أَنزَلْنَا عَلَيْكُمْ لِبَاسًا يُوَارِي سَوْآتِكُمْ وَرِيشًا وَلِبَاسُ التَّقْوَىٰ ذَٰلِكَ خَيْرٌ ذَٰلِكَ مِنْ آيَاتِ اللَّهِ لَعَلَّهُمْ يَذَّكَّرُونَ

O children of Adam, We have bestowed upon you clothing to conceal your private parts and as adornment, but the clothing of righteousness is best. That is from the signs of Allah that perhaps they will remember.

Surah Al-A'raf 7:26

And Allah said:

وَاللَّهُ جَعَلَ لَكُم مِّمَّا خَلَقَ ظِلَالًا وَجَعَلَ لَكُم مِّنَ الْجِبَالِ أَكْنَانًا وَجَعَلَ لَكُمْ سَرَابِيلَ تَقِيكُمُ الْحَرَّ وَسَرَابِيلَ تَقِيكُم بَأْسَكُمْ كَذَٰلِكَ يُتِمُّ نِعْمَتَهُ عَلَيْكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُسْلِمُونَ

Allah has made for you shadows from that which He has created and He has made for you shelters from the mountains and has made for you garments which protect you from the heat and garments which protect you from your enemy in battle. Thus does He complete His favor upon you that you might submit to Him.

Surah An-Nahl 16:81

Ibn Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

الْبَسُوا مِنْ ثِيَابِكُمْ الْبَيَاضَ فَإِنَّهَا مِنْ خَيْرِ ثِيَابِكُمْ وَكَفِّنُوا فِيهَا مَوْتَاكُمْ

Clothe yourselves in garments of white, for verily, they are the best of your garments; and shroud your dead in them.

Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 994, Grade: Sahih

Samurah ibn Jundab reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said:

الْبَسُوا الْبَيَاضَ فَإِنَّهَا أَطْهَرُ وَأَطْيَبُ وَكَفِّنُوا فِيهَا مَوْتَاكُمْ

Clothe yourselves in white, for verily, it is cleaner and more pure; and shroud your dead in it.

Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 2810, Grade: Sahih

Al-Bara ibn Azib reported:

كَانَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مَرْبُوعًا بَعِيدَ مَا بَيْنَ الْمَنْكِبَيْنِ لَهُ شَعَرٌ يَبْلُغُ شَحْمَةَ أُذُنِهِ رَأَيْتُهُ فِي حُلَّةٍ حَمْرَاءَ لَمْ أَرَ شَيْئًا قَطُّ أَحْسَنَ مِنْهُ

The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, was of moderate height with broad shoulders and hair that reached to his ears. I once saw him wearing a red mantle and I have not seen anything more graceful than him.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 3358, Grade: Sahih

Abu Juhaifa reported:

أَتَيْتُ النَّبِيَّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ بِمَكَّةَ وَهُوَ بِالْأَبْطَحِ فِي قُبَّةٍ لَهُ حَمْرَاءَ مِنْ أَدَمٍ قَالَ فَخَرَجَ بِلَالٌ بِوَضُوئِهِ فَمِنْ نَائِلٍ وَنَاضِحٍ قَالَ فَخَرَجَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ عَلَيْهِ حُلَّةٌ حَمْرَاءُ كَأَنِّي أَنْظُرُ إِلَى بَيَاضِ سَاقَيْهِ

I came to the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, in Mecca while he was residing in a red leather tent. Bilal came out with the water of ablution from him, which some of them took and used for themselves. Then the Prophet came out wearing a red mantle and I remember seeing the whiteness of his shanks.

Source: Sahih Muslim 503, Grade: Sahih

Abu Rimtha reported:

خَرَجَ عَلَيْنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ وَعَلَيْهِ ثَوْبَانِ أَخْضَرَانِ

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, came to us while wearing two green garments.

Source: Sunan An-Nasa'i 5319, Grade: Sahih

Jabir ibn Abdullah reported:

أَنَّ رَسُولَ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ دَخَلَ مَكَّةَ وَقَالَ قُتَيْبَةُ دَخَلَ يَوْمَ فَتْحِ مَكَّةَ وَعَلَيْهِ عِمَامَةٌ سَوْدَاءُ بِغَيْرِ إِحْرَامٍ

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, entered Mecca on the day of liberation wearing a black turban while not in a ritual state of pilgrimage (ihram).

Source: Sahih Muslim 1358, Grade: Sahih

Amr ibn Huraith reported:

كَأَنِّي أَنْظُرُ إِلَى رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ عَلَى الْمِنْبَرِ وَعَلَيْهِ عِمَامَةٌ سَوْدَاءُ قَدْ أَرْخَى طَرَفَيْهَا بَيْنَ كَتِفَيْهِ

I remember seeing the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, upon the pulpit wearing a black turban whose both ends were falling over his shoulders.

Source: Sahih Muslim 1358, Grade: Sahih

Aisha reported:

كُفِّنَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ فِي ثَلَاثَةِ أَثْوَابٍ بِيضٍ سَحُولِيَّةٍ مِنْ كُرْسُفٍ لَيْسَ فِيهَا قَمِيصٌ وَلَا عِمَامَةٌ

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, was shrouded for his funeral in three white cotton garments, among which was neither a shirt nor a turban.

Source: Sahih Muslim 941, Grade: Mutaffaqun Alayhi

Abu Al-Mughirah reported: I was with the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, on a journey one night and he asked me:

أَمَعَكَ مَاءٌ

Do you have any water?

I said yes, so he dismounted from his camel and left to relieve himself until he disappeared into the darkness. When he returned, I poured out some water from a vessel and he washed his face. He was wearing a long woolen cloak and he could not take out his forearms from his sleeves, so he brought them out from beneath the cloak and washed them and he passed his hands over his head. I reached out to take off his socks but the Prophet said:

دَعْهُمَا فَإِنِّي أَدْخَلْتُهُمَا طَاهِرَتَيْنِ

Leave them, for I have put them on while purified.

Source: Sahih Bukhari 5463, Grade: Mutaffaqun Alayhi

Then he passed his wet hands over his socks.

Umm Salamah reported:

كَانَ أَحَبَّ الثِّيَابِ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ الْقَمِيصُ

The most beloved garment to the Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, was the long shirt (al-qamees).

Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 1762, Grade: Hasan

Asma bint Yazid reported:

كَانَ كُمُّ يَدِ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ إِلَى الرُّسْغِ

The sleeves of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, would come to his wrist.

Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 1765, Grade: Hasan