News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Words to say in the witr prayer

Started by bamalli, July 24, 2013, 11:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamalli

Hasan ibn Ali reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, taught me some words to say in the witr prayer, "O Allah, guide me among those you have guided, pardon me among those you have pardoned, protect me among those you have protected, bless me in what you have given me, and save me from the evil of what You have decreed. Verily, you alone decree and none can pass decree upon you. Verily, he cannot be humiliated whoever is protected by You. Blessed are You, our Lord, the Exalted."

Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 464

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to An-Nawawi

قَالَ الْحَسَنُ بْنُ عَلِيٍّ رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُمَا عَلَّمَنِي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ كَلِمَاتٍ أَقُولُهُنَّ فِي الْوِتْرِ اللَّهُمَّ اهْدِنِي فِيمَنْ هَدَيْتَ وَعَافِنِي فِيمَنْ عَافَيْتَ وَتَوَلَّنِي فِيمَنْ تَوَلَّيْتَ وَبَارِكْ لِي فِيمَا أَعْطَيْتَ وَقِنِي شَرَّ مَا قَضَيْتَ فَإِنَّكَ تَقْضِي وَلَا يُقْضَى عَلَيْكَ وَإِنَّهُ لَا يَذِلُّ مَنْ وَالَيْتَ تَبَارَكْتَ رَبَّنَا وَتَعَالَيْتَ

464 سنن الترمذي أبواب الوتر باب ما جاء في القنوت في الوتر

المحدث النووي خلاصة حكم المحدث إسناده صحيح