News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Prophet taught me five sayings

Started by bamalli, July 25, 2013, 10:06:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamalli

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, "Who will take these words and act upon them or teach someone to act upon them?" I said, "I will do it, O Messenger of Allah." So the Prophet taught me five sayings, "Beware of what is unlawful and you will be the best worshiper among the people. Be satisfied with what Allah has given you and you will be the richest of the people. Be kind to your neighbor and you will be a believer. Love for the people what you love for yourself and you will be a Muslim. Do not laugh too often, for verily, too much laughter will deaden the heart."

Source: Sunan At-Tirmidhi 2305

Grade: Hasan (fair) according to Ibn Hajar

عَنْ أَبِي هُرَيْرَةَ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ مَنْ يَأْخُذُ عَنِّي هَؤُلَاءِ الْكَلِمَاتِ فَيَعْمَلُ بِهِنَّ أَوْ يُعَلِّمُ مَنْ يَعْمَلُ بِهِنَّ فَقَالَ أَبُو هُرَيْرَةَ فَقُلْتُ أَنَا يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ فَأَخَذَ بِيَدِي فَعَدَّ خَمْسًا وَقَالَ اتَّقِ الْمَحَارِمَ تَكُنْ أَعْبَدَ النَّاسِ وَارْضَ بِمَا قَسَمَ اللَّهُ لَكَ تَكُنْ أَغْنَى النَّاسِ وَأَحْسِنْ إِلَى جَارِكَ تَكُنْ مُؤْمِنًا وَأَحِبَّ لِلنَّاسِ مَا تُحِبُّ لِنَفْسِكَ تَكُنْ مُسْلِمًا وَلَا تُكْثِرْ الضَّحِكَ فَإِنَّ كَثْرَةَ الضَّحِكِ تُمِيتُ الْقَلْبَ

2305 سنن الترمذي كِتَاب الزُّهْدِ عَنْ رَسُولِ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ بَاب مَنْ اتَّقَى الْمَحَارِمَ فَهُوَ أَعْبَدُ النَّاسِ

المحدث ابن حجر العسقلاني خلاصة حكم المحدث حسن