News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

The description of the Messenger of Allah

Started by bamalli, November 01, 2013, 11:26:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bamalli

Ata ibn Yasar reported: I met Abdullah ibn Amr and I said, "Tell me about the description of the Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, in the Torah." Abdullah said, "By Allah, he is described in the Torah with some of what is mention in the Quran: O Prophet, verily, we have sent you as a witness, a bringer of glad tidings, and to give warning, (33:45) and to guard over the illiterate, for you are My servant and messenger. I have called you a trustworthy man who is neither rude nor loud in the markets, nor does he return evil with evil, but rather he pardons and forgives. Allah Almighty will not take him back until He has made straight the religion which is crooked, that they will say: There is no God but Allah, through which eyes are made to see, ears are made to hear, and hearts are opened."

Source: Sahih Bukhari 2018

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Bukhari

عَنْ عَطَاءِ بْنِ يَسَارٍ قَالَ لَقِيتُ عَبْدَ اللهِ بْنَ عَمْرِو بْنِ الْعَاصِ فَقُلْتُ أَخْبِرْنِي عَنْ صِفَةِ رَسُولِ اللهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم فِي التَّوْرَاةِ، قَالَ فَقَالَ أَجَلْ وَاللَّهِ إِنَّهُ لَمَوْصُوفٌ فِي التَّوْرَاةِ بِبَعْضِ صِفَتِهِ فِي الْقُرْآنِ يَا أَيُّهَا النَّبِيُّ إِنَّا أَرْسَلْنَاكَ شَاهِدًا وَمُبَشِّرًا وَنَذِيرًا وَحِرْزًا لِلأُمِّيِّينَ أَنْتَ عَبْدِي وَرَسُولِي سَمَّيْتُكَ الْمُتَوَكِّلَ لَيْسَ بِفَظٍّ وَلاَ غَلِيظٍ وَلاَ صَخَّابٍ فِي الأَسْوَاقِ وَلاَ يَدْفَعُ بِالسَّيِّئَةِ السَّيِّئَةَ وَلَكِنْ يَعْفُو وَيَغْفِرُ وَلَنْ يَقْبِضَهُ اللَّهُ تَعَالَى حَتَّى يُقِيمَ بِهِ الْمِلَّةَ الْعَوْجَاءَ بِأَنْ يَقُولُوا لاَ إِلَهَ إِلاَّ اللَّهُ وَيَفْتَحُوا بِهَا أَعْيُنًا عُمْيًا وَآذَانًا صُمًّا وَقُلُوبًا غُلْفًا

2018 صحيح البخاري كِتَاب الْبُيُوعِ بَاب كَرَاهِيَةِ السَّخَبِ فِي السُّوق