News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

PMB and the Parable of a Homeboy

Started by Muhsin, April 03, 2016, 04:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

The cliché says that if you want to find out how hard a guy really is, go see his shelter/residence/room. This is so said for many a time, you will see a city (and now even a village) boy walking majestically, dressed in the vogue attire, sometimes spending the little money he has conspicuously, etc while his room is in a mess.

For those who don't know about the city boy very well, they wrongly think that he lives in El Dorado and has no problem whatsoever. But that's not true. That's in fact a stark contrast of the reality on the ground.

Oftentimes the homeboy acknowledges this fact when confronted and is willing, seldom trying, to fix things up, to live up to what's believed of him to be true. But he doesn't give a damn in other instances about what everyone says. He's just trending, the subject matter for the ladies' chitchat and that's all. He feels on top of the world.

And now:

Our dear President Muhammadu Buhari (PMB) is globetrotting. He dresses in elegance and splendour. He is passionately and fashionably mingling among the world leaders who, in a similar homeboy scenario, praise him.

Back at home, some people, out of sheer admiration or (is it?) hero worshipping, think what's said of PMB by those leaders can bring food to their table, is enough to fuel their motorcycles and cars, can reduce the prices of basic commodities, etc. are incredibly jubilating. How interesting! I sense inferiority complex. No apology.

All that is said about PMB by Obama, Cameron, Putin, Holland, Erdogan, everyone else cuts no ice whatsoever with me. I am sure you equally feel the wrath of the current situation in the country, perhaps more than I do. So, stop pretending.

I personally, firmly believe that PMB is the right man to patch things up in Nigeria, but not by going in the direction he's heading at the moment. Things need to be given a far more pragmatic approach. We may not survive this excruciating hardship, wallahi. People are languishing in pain, anger and despair.

Please and please, bring back our able PMB. We are fed up with this homeboy-esque leadership. End fuel scarcity, assist in stopping this inflation, improve power production, sign the 2016 budget, empower the judiciary, provide more jobs, improve the security as kidnapping is becoming a trade even in the North, etc, etc, etc. Oh Allah, forgive and deliver us, amin. 😢😢😢

#BringBackPMB
#NoToHomeboyLeadership
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Danborno

Malam Muhsin, you just quenched my thirst, more especially after hearing a long sermon by an Islamic Cleric sent to me via whatsapp. All his words is justifying everything Mr President and ignoring everyone's view or suggestion, intact to an extent of ripping one's iman as if believing in Mr President 100% is also part of Imanu Billahi.

Yes, I agree, PMB is our life line but you cannot deny the fact that there are things that should be fixed urgently.

For an outsider to praise you, it is more honourable for an insider to praise you. Weather the super powers say he is not good. he is good and excellent in our eyes and it will not change anything as it will not reduce the prices of petrol, food items etc.

Peace has returned, alhamdu lillah and we most commend the effort of PMB for that because security is the bedrock of development.

langubro

HUSNAA

So Muhsin you have transported your criticism of Buhari from FB to Konline. My reply remains the same. I wont say it out here because you already know it and it is antagonistic and we are a closed family here unlike facebook when hardly anyone in the circle of yr media friends knows who I am.
You are being impatient. Impatience is not an appreciated  attribute,if you dont know. Besides you will not do any better given the chance and probably do less than he is doing at the moment. I wonder where you are the last sixteen yrs that I have not heard you condemning GEJ's govt with as much vehemence.  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE THE GUY ALONE TO DO HIS JOB WITHOUT DISTRACTIONS FROM  YOU ARMCHAIR CRITICS.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

HUSNAA

Even DB does not agree with your analyses despite his diplomatic or ( is it?) sitting on the fence response.

Muhsin

Quote from: HUSNAA on April 04, 2016, 02:16:54 PM
Even DB does not agree with your analyses despite his diplomatic or ( is it?) sitting on the fence response.

I think you misunderstood him, or me. I have also always acknowledged the fact security has significantly improved. But look at this logic: if the government takes credit for the improvement of the security, why won't it take the responsibility for the deterioration of the economy, perennial fuel scarcity, shortage of power, among other things. Are we really being fair in our ascription of success to the government and absolving it from any failing? Haba! With due respect, Auntie Husnaa...

PS

And yes, I have, on several instances,  criticised GEJ a lot. You may visit my blog to confirm this. I have never, personally, liked GEJ. I also wholeheartedly believe that PMB is a far better leader than GEJ, and shall never be like him, in sha Allah.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

HUSNAA

Why has security improved immensely, because FORCE was used!!!! You cant use force for other sectors of the economy!! As it is with all the spate of arrests made by the EFCC, ppl are still crying foul and blue murder because we live in a DEMOCRACY!  The same rate of success for security cannot be achieved in the other sectors simply because the processes that you have to employ differ vastly. You have to use kid gloves with  financial criminals, robbers, saboteurs etc. Why do I mention ppl rather than infrastructure? Because ppl are what make up the economy. They are what keep it on the right track If they are honest and God fearing, then things go right, however if they are miscreants then it will take a long time before anything tangible and impactful is felt, because it is the ppl who sabotage the efforts of the president and drag back all progress that he is painfully making and thus giving you arm chair critics room to criticize the man.

gogannaka

Anty Husnaa, the truth is that people need to be free to criticize Buhari. We voted for him because we wanted to live better. If he can not better the lives of people then he should face the blame. He told us he would do it when he was seeking our votes so why will people be silenced or lashed for criticizing Buhari when he can't fulfill his promises. First he said he couldn't do the N5,000 stipend to the poorest of the poor, then he said he cannot build 1million houses annualy like promised during the campaign.He promised to end fuel scarcity but one year later he couldn't. His media aides have started 'misyarning' by saying Nigerians complaining of poor electricity should go and nab gas pipeline vandals, for example.
Personally i feel he should be happy that people are only criticizing him, he should up his sleeves. One year is gone already and we know that generally, people are impatient and people do not like to live in difficult times.
Security in terms of boko haram has greatly improved and we must commend him for that. Kidnapping is on the rise though. As regards the fight against corruption, you can see that the steam has run down. When last did you hear about the Dasuki case? All the Metuh's, the Dokpesi's, the Babakusa's, the Badeh's are freely going about their businesses. Buhari needs to do more kawai.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Muhsin

Gogannaka, wow! I couldn't have said it better. I am so very much impressed, wallahi.

Buhari of course needs to do more!

Danborno

Quote from: HUSNAA on April 04, 2016, 02:16:54 PM

I did not sit on the fence Husnaa, I only voted for Buhari because I am left with
no option.  He isnt my candidate since 2003 and my thread which I reincarnated
in kanoonline HABA JANAR LET IT GO MANA speaks for itself. 

However, this doesnt stop me from paying allegiance to the President of the FRN
as he is now. 

The security situation has improved, but that is what he swore to do better if elected
and he is doing no one any favour if for example he allowed things to deteriorated
just like his predecessor did, after all even Hitler left behind some Jews.

But the issue at hand now are capable of breaching peace, because as at yesterday
there was a clash between Police and some youth in Kaduna because of black market.

Soon, unemployed youth will form a powerful bloc that an ordinary person cannot think
of going to the filling station to buy fuel at N86 because they have found a new job and
its paying.

Taxi drivers prefers to stay on the cue, refill their tanks and sell at the black market because
they get more profit than doing the taxi business.

What we are saying is, the Federal Government under General Buhari can do better in
augmenting the sufferings of Nigerians.  How many people benefit from the oil corruption
that the whole Nigerians will be put to suffer because of their sin?

Thank God we are reminded that it is not Imam Bukhari but Buharin Daura and we can
criticize him anytime, anywhere we feel its not right, after all that is the beauty of democracy.

langubro