News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Ife Massacre I

Started by Muhsin, March 13, 2017, 06:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhsin

News: Nigeria is sick 🛏️

According to a Daily Trust report, a fight broke at Panteka market, Kaduna state, between Igbos and Hausawa. Tracing the genesis of the clash, an eyewitness narrated that a Hausa trader, Muhammad, named his dog Ibere, after an Igbo fellow trader. Mr. Ibere warned him to rename the dog but he refused. To even the equation, the Igbo guy purchased a dog and named it Muhammad. And then, all hell broke loose.

Elsewhere, the Daily Nigerian reported from Sabo Ife, Osun state, that a disagreement,which was soon resolved, between a Yoruba lady and a Hausa man led to the massacre of more than 30 Hausa settlers by a militia group, Great Ife. Most of their business places, houses and mosques were razed down.

While I believe that the Hausa trader is at fault for refusing to rename his dog, the Great Ife miscreants have no ground whatsoever to go on rampage and murder such a number of innocent Hausawa. The state government should, as a matter of urgency, take decisive and drastic action to disband the group. Its members should be arrested and charged according to the book.

Nigeria has so much hurdles to overcome for it to move forward. Ethno-religious conflicts are some of the most serious blocks for the country's development. Unfortunately however, the crisis does not seem to end soon, perhaps forever. The recent spade of such clashes between clans should awake the government to take more serious measures, lest things go out of hands. It is despairing. Wallahul musta'aan.

May Allah restore peace in Sabo Ife, Panteka market and all other troubled places, amin. May Allah rest the souls of the deceased, grant speedy recovery for the wounded, and support all others affected, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Muhsin

Dr. Dumeje Okafor wrote, in reaction to my post on Sabo Ife, Osun killings of Hausa settlers on Facebook:

Muhsin Ibrahim, my brother, as for disbanding the EYE cult (Great Ife) and the NURTW that carried out the attack, it may never happen.

I was at Ile-Ife to visit a friend 2 days ago when the calamity began.  I was involved in treating injuries sustained by 3 Hausa kids (who lost parents too) in the attack.

Later today security meeting was held at Oba's palace by [the] governor, security agencies and traditional institution.

I was giving room to speak and I said the Slapper and the murderers should face the law but one elder shouted me down and asked me "when Brigdet your sister was beheaded at Kano, no be the Attorney General of the state speak say they no get case to answer and they were acquitted? So Great Ife has been acquitted".

Wow! I stood up and said "Nigeria really needs a Doctor, we all are sick".

So why was Brigdet's killers acquitted? Why [were] kids in Sabo (who have no business with girlfriend) injured?
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.