News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Charity Organizations in Kano

Started by sdanyaro, December 10, 2001, 10:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sdanyaro

Yarkwaye ce,

Let me take this chance to welcome you to this forum. As for the Books you have, I can try to check with some local colleges and universities around here in Kano, such as BUK and others, to see what they have for this kind of donations. Also, I like to know if these boxes are here in Nigeria or outside of Nigeria, as this will determine if and how it can reach the folks over here in Nigeria.

Again welcome to the Online forum and thanks for your kind gesture... Allah ya saka da alheri - Amin.

Yarkwye ce

Na godey Madalla. Matsalar shi ne text books din na America :( kuma gaskiya ni daliba ce, aiko kwalayan za fa a dan kashe yan changi(but trust me its worth it) am trying my best here to see if gawmnatin Kano will arrange something for the boxs.but kasan kasar tamu sai a hankali. but thanks for ur help. allah taimaka mana duka. :D
GoT SuYa?!! ;)

dan kauye

Quote from: "ANANAMOUS"kANO NEEDS HELP ESPECIALLY THE ORPHANS. IF WE DONT START NO1 WILL BECAUSE I FEEL ITS BOUT THET TIME WHEN KANO IMPROVES. THE RICH ARE GETTING RICHER AND THE POOR ARE GETTING POOORER. :( [

my point exactly! it's really pathetic*storms out* :evil:
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

mlbash

Quote from: "Yarkwaye ce"Idan akwai wanda ya san any information on a college(university) Charity orgnization can u pls let me know....saboda ina da alot of books(university books, from chemisty -math text books) that i want to donate...abin da nake yi shi ne, duck karshan shekaran I ask other students to donate their books and they do. rite now i almost have 10boxs full of txt books but i cant find the rite oranization to donate the books too. and the problem is people are not honest now adays they might sell it or something when they go to the wrong hands... so if u know any honest Oranization pls inform me. via kanoonline. Nagodey

IN THAT CASE IF YOU WANT TO REALLY HELP PLEASE DON'T WAIT FOR ANY CHARITY ORGANISATION. WHEN I WAS THE PRESIDENT OF KANO-JIGAWA STATES PHARMACEUTICAL STUDENTS ASSOCIATION, A B U CHAPTER (2000-2002) WE USE TO ORGARNISE A CARRIER GUIDANCE TOUR TO SECOUNDARY SCHOOLS IN OUR STATES TO MOTIVATE THE YOUNGER ONES IN PURSUING PROFESSIONAL COURSES, IN THIS REGARDS WE USE TO PRINT A PAMPLETS WHICH WE DISTRIBUTE DURING THE TOUR. THEREFORE IF YOU CAN TRUST THE KANO-ONLINE FORUM, PLEASE YOU CAN ENTRUST THE BOOKS IN CUSTODY OF THE ADMIN. AND I ASSURE YOU WE CAN ORGANISE FOR THE TOUR TOGETHER WITH THE FORUM AND DISTRIBUTE THE BOOKS TO THE WELL DESERVED AND HIGHLY NEEDY ONES.

EXPECT TO HEAR FROM YOU SOONEST, THANKS ALOT AND WELCOME TO THE FORUM.[/color]
t is my intention to make the neglected aspect of our societies viable

sdanyaro

Quote from: "Yarkwaye ce"Na godey Madalla. Matsalar shi ne text books din na America :( kuma gaskiya ni daliba ce, aiko kwalayan za fa a dan kashe yan changi(but trust me its worth it) am trying my best here to see if gawmnatin Kano will arrange something for the boxs.but kasan kasar tamu sai a hankali. but thanks for ur help. allah taimaka mana duka. :D

Thank you very much for the response. My only concern is the fact that the books are not in this country, but in the USA. The problem of bring in these books is a major one. Maybe it could be effective to get it sent via the post office instead of the ports... We could also try to see if we can fund-raise some $ to cover for the shipment. This is in addition to your effort with the gawmnatin Kano.

Yarkwye ce

GoT SuYa?!! ;)

Abdalla

Sallama Gareku

My attention has just been drawn to this thread--and I am one of the mods! Sigh. Life, eh>

I think it is wonderful someone is keeping the flame of Kananci alive, and I would like to thank this sister for thinking of Kano where ever she is. As for the textbooks, they are very welcome. I will contact KANO UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, WUDIL where the Librarian is quite active and see how we can sort our this. Thanks so much, and keep up the good work and Kananci flying higher and higher!

Abdalla (abdalla@hausafulani.com)

Yarkwye ce

Thanks  :wink:  just doing whats rite. we all can contribute to our communitte in diffrent ways.
GoT SuYa?!! ;)

mlbash

Quote from: "Yarkwaye ce"Thanks  :wink:  just doing whats rite. we all can contribute to our communitte in diffrent ways.

THAT'S VERY KIND OF YOU, THANKS ALOT AND INSHA  ALLAH, MR. ADMIN, ABDALLA AND MYSELF WILL DO OUR BEST IN SHIPPING THE BOOKS TO KANO.
ALLAH YA BAR ZUMUNCI.

kitkat

Quote from: "mlbash"
Quote from: "Yarkwaye ce"Thanks  :wink:  just doing whats rite. we all can contribute to our communitte in diffrent ways.

THAT'S VERY KIND OF YOU, THANKS ALOT AND INSHA  ALLAH, MR. ADMIN, ABDALLA AND MYSELF WILL DO OUR BEST IN SHIPPING THE BOOKS TO KANO.
ALLAH YA BAR ZUMUNCI.

Maybe we can start by finding out how much it will cost to ship the books. How many cartons are we talking about, that can provide a guesstimate. We may be pleasantly suprised to find out it may not cost that much and we can take it up from there.

dan kauye

No,the biggest charity as of now,is DESCIPLINE in all respect of the word.

Once we get that established,we may proceed to other aspects of charity.
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

sdanyaro

Quote from: "kitkat"
Maybe we can start by finding out how much it will cost to ship the books. How many cartons are we talking about, that can provide a guesstimate. We may be pleasantly suprised to find out it may not cost that much and we can take it up from there.
Thank you very much for your suggestion here, kitkat.

Yarkwaye ce, Can you please let us know how many boxes and if possible there weight? In addition to USPS (US Postal Service), there is also a cargo shipping agent in New York that we could use to ship the boxes to Nigeria at a reasonable cost. So again let us know the number of boxes and their weight. It is at that point that we can see how much it will cost to ship, and then we could fund raise? Thanks again.

Yarkwye ce

I will call DHL or what ever deliver post to Nigeria and ask how much it will cost..Inshallah I will keep you in touch. Wow this is really good. we have now 2 people that are willing to help. :lol: (sweet)
GoT SuYa?!! ;)

sdanyaro

No NO No.... Please don't Call DHL or for that matter UPS and Federal Express yet. These Couriers are way too expensive for this kind of items. Just please let us only know the number and weight of the boxes. From there and here will try to determine a less costly way to ship them here. We could for instance have them UPS only to NYC and have them Cargod to Lagos and then from there to Kano. Trust me on this one Yarkwaye ce, just please let us only know the number and weight of the boxes. And if you prefer, we can take this offline --> Email!

mlbash

THAT'S A VERY GOOD SUGGESTION, PLEASE DO THAT AND THEN WE PROCEED FROM THERE.