News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Neither super(b) nor eagle(ish)

Started by Muhammad, January 27, 2004, 06:49:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muhammad

Yeah must have heard by now, Nigeria lost today. The nigerian team was overwhelmed by a superior moroccan organization. Since the begining of the match, i had a feeling nigeria will not win, may be drwa at best.
My take of the situation is this.
first reason: NIgeria lacks FINISHERS. Aiyegbeni and Aghahowa are just a bunch of oldies. One could really see they are fatigued and lazy. The insertion of Agali really did nothing to rattle the N-African defence. N Thaybet was as solid as a rock in that defence no wonder we had 1 shot on goal in the 2nd half.
Second reason: The left flank of the nigerian team is weak. Oh buuuuuuuuuuuuuu how babayaro sucks. That guy cannot even control the ball properly and he overlaps ever so often . again no wonder the goal scored by hadji was his fault (for allowing the cross) and Okonkwo's for not marking (one-on-one Y Hadji). Please guys, Babayaro is a spentforce lets boot him out.
Third reason: Central defence. I dont know whether you have watched the game but our central defence is a sell out. They are not confident and made a lot mistakes.
I have to leave guys but i am most ssurely NOT done.

bazamfare

;D gaskiya na yarda da  ra ayin ka
futhermore iam calling for a total overhaul of the team :'(
we need fresh super eagles.

Ibro2g

In other words...the whole team.
Nigerian team anaalysis is on all three bases my brothers, but I would'nt agree wid u on Babayaro, he played better than any of the other nija players.

Our midfield lack creativity, and discipline, and even comunication. The defence think they are strikers and the strikers think they are defenders. A premiership second division team could defeat em.
I'm disappointed!
Safety and Peace

Anonymous

Very dissapointing display by a team which individually can match any team in the world. One of the BBC commentators put his finger on one problem "too many chiefs - not enough indians in the team " ie lack of team attitude and too many players thinking they were too clever and everybody else was to do the work. The team looked tactically all out of place, the covering of the Moroccan attackers was pathetic and the old Nigerian fault of arrogance was very evident. Walahi, Nigeria's Green Eagles seem to think they can beat anybody without putting in the effort. Some of them probably pay no attention to the coach as they think they are bigger than the coach.
There is no lack of ability in the team. There is lack of motivation, lack of organisation and lack of unity. What Nigeria needs is a coach that the players (all the players) respect and are frightened of - like Sir Alex Ferguson at Man United. Many of his players hate him - but they get the results.

ummita

Oh plz tell me this is not a dream did Nigerians loose?

..........IBRO U KNOW.......D REST ;D
Despite ur slammin, am still jammin!!!