News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Re: Nigeria: The Unhappy Marriage of The Quadruple

Started by DanBanza, December 13, 2003, 09:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanBanza

What will prevent other tribes from seeking to establish their own nations? You do point out some interesting concepts but I must say that dividing Nigeria up is a step backwards.

There is little chance that other ethnic groups will not seek to seperate over real or imagined greviances. Whats more, in this age were the focus is on integration rather than seperation, going the way you suggest will not be beneficial to the separate entities. Take the model of Europe for example. It is gradually integrating into the EU because a united and diverse Europe means synergy.

For Nigeria to stand as The giant of Africa, She has to remain as she is and as stated in the constitution. The best thing to do is to woerk toward achieving harmony along the ethnic and religious lines.

My 2 kobo.

al_hamza

Waziri, quite frankly, i have been thinking about what you wrote, and here's my conclusion.

in case of a seperation or "partition", most likely it will be done on religeous basis, if not and its done on ethnic bases, both cases we can say good-bye to our sea/ocean, in that case......

1)its highly likely that south will make it very hard for us to trade, we'll be land-locked,

2)then we'll have our own "Kashmir" (that will be illorin) because illorin is yoruba but mostly muslim, the OPC would want illorin for themselves and we cannot accept giving away what we consider part of our "emirate".

3) for international trade "OPC REPUBLIC" will be out of question, we shouldnt even try to do trade through their ports.

4) "Biafra" has little infra-structure to accomodate our trade, though its likely the NDIGBO would be very helpfull, but we shouldnt forget that once they are a seperate nation, its their right to persue their nations intrests and that may include over-charging us for land and sea routes.

5) "Biafra" has 50/50% to like us or hate us, if they are wise and we are foolish, the NDIGBO might allow us sea-route if we allow their traders to freely trade within "Emirate of Northern Nigeria" (in that case we loose alot of money cos we cannot under-estimate the hard-working and business minded igbos). If they hate us.

6) After seperation THE NORTH MUST BUILD A "STATE OF THE ART" ARMY, WHICH CAN TAKE ON ANY ENEMY HOWEVER STRONG. in todays world we cannot make an army by merely giving them rifles, we must build a poweful army, and we must become a nation that can produce its own LETHAL weaponry(like Pakistan). Thats because we should not under-estimate the political scenario after seperation, there will be hatred and "oil money" can buy countries and can build armies (we dont have oil, or it hasnt been found in suitable quantities)

THE REMEDY;-

1)      In case of the nation goes three ways, lets say the south becomes our bitter enemy, we have to manouver, we must use benin republic (which likely would be pro "OPC" because they have cultural ties)

2) Use Cameroun either through "BIAFRA" or through cameroun, but cameroun wouldnt like that because of "BAKASSI" and dont forget, bakassi will come the EMIRATES WAY, Even if Cameroun does allow us access to sea-ports, we might be charged taxes and make trade hard.

3) Use Calabar, calabar is not igbo as such "if" it survives as a seperate nation (unlikely so) and isnt engulfed by biafra, we might be looking at a close ally, calabar has traditionally been pro-north, for that we will have to develop their port and it will be in our best intrest to have a navy to guard that port. So we must have Emirate's Army presence.

4) Something that we would be grateful if the government of Niger Republic agrees, What-ever happens, if the nation breaks, Emirates of Northern Nigeria must join Niger republic to become one. We must unite with Niger Rebulic, then we'll have access to the Libyan Border easy, If Niger Rep doesnt accept our proposal, we must build our own road through the Desert and guard it.

5) Gaddafi is a very unpredictable figure, 80% chances are he'll be helpfull, maybe he'll even want to join, in that case we have two scenarios,

5a) Probably the arab mentality might be in work, they might want to rule us or be think they are superior, which can form friction.

5b) We will have to invite trouble cos Gaddafi is highly anti-West and in case of unification, we will have to accept an image of a renigade state(according to west) in our early stages.

5c) if Gaddafi doesnt unite with us, we will face the same problem, no sea and going so far to libya for an ocean will make trade very difficult, cos
5ci) we make a long journey to libya through the treacherous desert of Sahara and then face taxes in Libya. In any case THE EMIRATES MUST MAKE A NAVY, to safe guard interests.

So as we can see, it is not going to be easy,
we will ahve to industrialise on a massive scale very rapidly to keep up with our hostile neighbours.

The example of Pakistan is very clear, this nation that has no and i mean no natural resource apart from GAS, and still this nation has become the strongest muslim nation on earth. they have nuclear bomb, and i am happy to break this news,

A muslim country has finally become part of the only 14 nations that make Sub-Marines, there's an old saying "there are only two things that make it to sea, one is a target and the other is a sub-marine,. Pakistan can now build, and sell sub-marines, :).

i'll be waiting for a reply.
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

Anonymous

Amma Danbanza ka burge ni. Not for what you said but for your name and the matrix thing. Is that your picture or what, it looks to me like one hausa movie star, forgot the name, are you him and please tell me how you did the matrix thing.

Thank you

lionger

The legendary Waziri  :D,

It's not surprising that self-determination (separation of a state into ethnic lines) is the mirage to the desert of a failed nation-state. In our miserable condition it looks like paradise, whereas it is not upon closer examination. Sometime ago on another thread on the same subject I gave this reply to Egede1:

Quote'It always seems like a great idea for everyone to go his own way, esp. when things are going well in the country, but exactly how many sections will Nigeria break into? Just two or three? The Yoruba and Igbo are bitter political rivals to this day, why would they want to stay together? And if they do break up, why would the Ibibio man want to be 'marginalized' by the Igbo? Or the idoma man by the yoruba? What will happen to the bini people? Will Nigeria break into more than 250 states, the overwhelming majority way too small to fend for themselves? Isn't this a recipe for disaster?

Since you have chosen Europe as a model, look at what has become of the Balkans over the last century and esp. the last decade. What a waste!

European countries have actually started to bring down nationalistic walls through economic intergration aka EU. This has yielded great benefits for the member nations, goals the recently inaugurated African Union is aiming at.Our world is becoming smaller and smaller. This is not the time to scatter, this is the time to unite!

al hamza

lol dis yor post e get as e be, i don't even know where to start. Obviously the most important thing to for the North to build up in your opinion is military strength, not improving the despicable condition of the masses, such as high illiteracy, non-existent infrastructure and social amenities. Or did u forget to include those?

So Pakistan is your model muslim country, what with their atomic bomb and all. Literacy rate is below 50% (even worse for the women), mortality rates are high, but its all good because they can build sub-marines now. Yet when the U.S. came knocking on the issue of muslim neighbor Afghanistan two years ago...

DanBanza

QuoteAmma Danbanza ka burge ni. Not for what you said but for your name and the matrix thing. Is that your picture or what, it looks to me like one hausa movie star, forgot the name, are you him and please tell me how you did the matrix thing.

Thank you

LOL! ;D No... thats not my picture (its blackthought of the roots).  The matrix thing is done in photoshop...  

Waziri

Interesting replies we are having here,

They say, "intellectualism is the ability to simplify thoughts", let me try to see if I can be more explicit then.

You see lionger and Danbanza the point here is the present "integrated" Nigeria, is surviving at the expense of its ppl's misery, why? Because the load is too much and the diversity is the kind that is not likely to produce, in the near future, a crop of elite, with a similar worldview, that will be able to consolidate it self in the power corners and work for the benefit of the Nigerian public as highlighted in the above presentation.

For example, it is greatly unfounded to conclude that Obasanjo does not want to see a greater Nigeria or does not have the interest of the country at heart. No. But the truth of the matter is what he is presently doing is something that is pre-requisite to his continued stay in power. If he were to get people that will work sincerely like maybe Balarabe Musa as INEC chairman, Obasanjo wouldn't have succeeded himself in power and he would by now have been rotten in prison. And now that he won, if he should allow judiciary to work well, the election will be annulled and he will equally rot in prison. This, plus the expected rebellion from the military, that can come at any time, which he also has to spare sometime trying to quench everyday. And you can see all these factors have   the potential of wooing the sentiment of a particular section of the country against Obasanjo, Plus the Atiku factor that hopes to see him out of office. Please for God’s sake how will he be able to work for us? This is what leadership is in Nigeria. If you are to work sincerely with good ppl, you get ousted by the opposition, and finally land in the 'undiscovered country'.

And on the part of the masses, the present arrangement doesn't allow for situations where ppl's opinions assume prevalence.  If you can remember during Abacha, his dictatorship succeeded only because the north, a particular section of the country shared his sentiments and as such could not rhyme with the Yoruba in their opposition, either on ground of religion or tribe, as a result we all bore the brunt. Now OBJ is not doing a good job but the Yoruba cannot not share the sentiments of the North to oppose him thoroughly as such we will all continue to bear the brunt. In any case, one section is always used to crush an opposition from another section even if that opposition is founded.

Yes, you are right lionger and DanBanza in saying, '' What will prevent other tribes from seeking to establish their own nations?" The hope is that after the peaceful separation, a sizeable chunk of the population will have similar worldview and therefore their emotions and opinions will not be easily manipulated to perpetuate mediocrity as I have highlighted above. They will find it easy to take the Georgian example when they have a military dictator like Abacha or Civilian one like Obasanjo. In both cases the Yoruba, if it were their nation only,  they would have succeeded in their fight against Abacha, as well, the present North would have succeeded in their fight against OBJ. The other tribes or smaller units will naturally experience not much problem with the new arrangement because the masses of this country share something in common among themselves in spite of their differences, as such the emotions and the support of the majority of the citizenry will ultimately favour them and they can easily go with the rest to implement Geogia whenever the need arises. That is one.

And the second is the crop of elite are likely to share one similar worldview as such they can easily quench oppositions and settle in the corridors of power spending a greater portion of their time working for the benefit of their ppl not fighting opposition groups as is it now.

Yes, of course, the 'in thing' in modern world today is integration, as is being sought in Europe-- though I am not sure if it will appear in a form of federation we are having here, where power will reside with single person as president --- and I believe it is better for "interdependence is truly a higher value than independence".

But yet when integration perpetuates decadence and mediocrity as in the unhappy marriage of the present Nigerian nation the best solution should be to decouple or de-quadruple,  for it is a criterion for a marriage to be a happy one. If it is not than the unhappiness should be within tolerance limit. If it is not as in the case of the present Nigeria, which doesn't give any promise or hope of any kind to its issues, then peaceful separation is the ultimate solution. We can then decide to choose our friends and foes alike, as Al Hamza pointed out though I believe an equitable stance can easily be reached among the separate entities that will down play the use of emotions and hate. The scenario as painted by Al- Hamza is not necessarily obtained.

DanBanza

Thats breaking it down. Lets bring up some issues highlighted by Al_Hamza, especially the realities of separation.

If Nigeria were to seperate into several independent states(3?4?), what will become of the north? Frankly, I see little to dream that it will equal or better the current Nigeria. More likely, the North will be in the bracket of Sudan, Niger, Mali. On the other hand, the East will prosper because of access to the sea and their innate commercial attribute. The South-West may also prosper because they are predominantly an educated lot and have better ties with the Ibos. Plus they do have Lagos. Lets not forget the oil is there as well.

Waziri

Look at it this way DanBanza,

The present Nigeria doesn't give any hope or promise in every sense you can think of. For long we are made to believe, particularly those of us from the north, that Nigeria exists at our benefit, economic or otherwise. But the fact of the matter is we have been surviving long before oil is discovered. The ultimate in life is food, and the north has it, can make a fortune out of it.

But I agree with you that the first years of the separation will be very tough for the north. But yet in the course of time it will retrace back its steps and move forward. I think the oil money now is even what is making us lazy. Afterall it is a truce of life that nothing good comes easy. As I have highlighted earlier also, I do not foresee the coming up of the exact snerio painted by Al-Hamza. I believe there is going to be a sound working relationship among the separate entities. The separation should'nt mean hate. It has to be peaceful. Plus the fact that we all need one another.

And mark you, the separation is done only because it will give the leadership more focus than it is now. Now we are everyday going backward to nowhere. But after the separation we will start coming forward, forward, forward, perhaps to present Nigeria, and forward to Egypt, Malaysia or Europe. This is the point. Now, in spite of our immense resources both human and natural, over 70% of the population is living in the dark cell of penury. out of this 70%, 81% percent are residing in the northern part of this contry and no sign of prospect morally, economically and socially can be projected. Recently a circular from the Presidency came out directing all the federal university to increase their rent of hostels accomodations to 10,000 Naira per bed space. If your child is coming to University today, prepare for this. How then do you think the north can catch up??  It will be better if it starts up from the scratch.

Waziri

This is the submission with which we started this thread. I don't know what is happening that it keeps going deleted. Maybe the webmaster should give us some assurance while he moves it to the beginning of the page. Though these things of technology nowadays come with lot of uncertaities but I pray we succeed in keeping it where it is supposed to be now.

Thank you and God bless

"For the 'elder' who I found wanting in thoughts and actions, right from childhood engaged in deeds that amplified my emotions. At home he taught me how to tell lies and make empty promises, by telling me lies and bungling every word of promise he uttered; he injected fear into my subconscious mind by using cane on me whenever I err no matter how simple the error is, there by hardening my heart, draining away the gift of compassion that God the almighty bestowed on me; at school he suppressed the natural confidence I have; infused inferiority complex in me, by making me to meeken my self to the level of degradation whenever I want to learn; sometimes after spending myriads of nights reading, I will still fail while the must beautiful but yet the dullest lady in my class will score distinction; In office he preferred those who will jump to stand still at his arrival than those who know how to do the job; in politics, I cannot sift the chaff from the grains of truth when he spoke.

If not for the bounties of the supreme architect of this universe on me; If not for the reverence I have for the womb in which I rested for nine months; If not for some verses on the pages of the Qur'an that demand that I should exercise emotional restraints, forgive when I am offended, wield my hand in kindness even if I am not requited, then I would have ended this write-up with the phrase 'Allah ya Isa' (Enough is Allah as a vengeance taker)."

The above is a quote from an article I have written at the celebration of my 20th birthday. The article was published in different forms, pamphlets and the pages of some of our local newspapers here. It enjoyed the attention of many and has provoked reactions of different colors. The article was a rejoinder to another writer who postulated that the younger generations of Nigerians must learn to brace themselves and put on the cloak of responsible people by understanding that our yore elders really worked for the    unity and progress of the country. That of course is debatable and after dwelling much on what is common about all Nigerian youths, maintaining that the elder in general did not work for us, I found reason to conclude as above, believing that Nigeria can only assume focus and appear fully directional only when we start looking at our problems from psycho-social point of view.

Well, much water has passed under the bridge since it first saw the light of the day. While I continue to believe that addressing our problems from that angle can help in bringing together the Nigerian youths to a common or rather congruent worldview. I also have to have a re-think over the years. For the unhappy quadruple marriage of the Nigerian nation – Hausa-Fulani, Yoruba, Igbo and the fourth factor, constituting the rest of the almost 250 other tribes have proven to be the major source of our indirection.

When the hope is diversity is always a source of strength, citing example with countries like America where progress is achieved as a result of the diverse nature of the people of the country, which in my idealist point of view I hoped to achieve someday.  The reality is where ever you see a meaningful progress and good and happy products, kids as in marriage, the couples enjoy a good understanding, value system, worldview or else, as in the case of America, power is concentrated in the hands of a few racial minority, who have a programme not only for America but for the entire world. Their powers transcend every boundary or barrier, that they are able to settle down in its corridors where they make others succumb to their wishes at will or at gunpoint.

This I believe is a universal phenomenon. In Malaysia, progress is achieved in spite of their diversity because power and all its trappings rests with only one tribe, that is the Malay, and above all in the hand of a strong personality who ruled the country for over 20yrs. He had settled over the period, quenched oppositions or made it impossible to happen because all the power brokers in the country share the same worldview.

In Nigeria it has not been the same, the power blocks are many and of different worldview, faith, orientation and value system. When a particular section or tribe is ruling, it has to spend more than half of its days planning on how to safeguard the throne, maintain control and quench oppositions than it spends implementing its work plan for the betterment of its people. And believe you me sincerely; this is done at the expense of we the Nigerian ppl.  I can remember one opposition leader, when the Hausa-Fulani were ruling, from among the Yoruba Nation who found reason to prescribe that it is only when Nigeria get rid of the Hausa-Fulani, doing to them what the Hutu of Rwanda and Burundi are doing to the Tutsis we will never ever know anything peace.  And this group, nation or race, as they call themselves, constitutes almost 30% of Nigerian population, also forming over 65% of the federal government workers. For God sake how can this group allow a leader they oppose to achieve anything of meaningful affiliation? This is also the same with other tribes or units, now that Obasanjo, a Yoruba “nationalist” is ruling, what you hear from other units and major tribes is what one cannot afford to repeat.

My newfound opinion now is Nigerian nation should find reason to separate peacefully.  Maybe along regional lines. That will certainly bring together a sizeable number of populations into a cocoon of similar worldview, thereby reducing much opposition and power tussle that is always fought between power elites at the expense of the younger generations' misery.  This argument does not promote hatred but cause us to rhyme with the laws and provisions of nature. For when a marriage is not producing the right and healthy fruits or survives at the expense of its issues' misery, divorce remains the only alternative. Especially when the divorce carries the potential of improving the life and perception of the already begotten issues. This is real for a marriage between couples as such we can easily conclude: much more real for a marriage among a quadruple.

Bashir

QuoteWaziri, quite frankly, i have been thinking about what you wrote, and here's my conclusion.

in case of a seperation or "partition", most likely it will be done on religeous basis, if not and its done on ethnic bases, both cases we can say good-bye to our sea/ocean, in that case......

1)its highly likely that south will make it very hard for us to trade, we'll be land-locked,

2)then we'll have our own "Kashmir" (that will be illorin) because illorin is yoruba but mostly muslim, the OPC would want illorin for themselves and we cannot accept giving away what we consider part of our "emirate".

3) for international trade "OPC REPUBLIC" will be out of question, we shouldnt even try to do trade through their ports.

4) "Biafra" has little infra-structure to accomodate our trade, though its likely the NDIGBO would be very helpfull, but we shouldnt forget that once they are a seperate nation, its their right to persue their nations intrests and that may include over-charging us for land and sea routes.

5) "Biafra" has 50/50% to like us or hate us, if they are wise and we are foolish, the NDIGBO might allow us sea-route if we allow their traders to freely trade within "Emirate of Northern Nigeria" (in that case we loose alot of money cos we cannot under-estimate the hard-working and business minded igbos). If they hate us.

6) After seperation THE NORTH MUST BUILD A "STATE OF THE ART" ARMY, WHICH CAN TAKE ON ANY ENEMY HOWEVER STRONG. in todays world we cannot make an army by merely giving them rifles, we must build a poweful army, and we must become a nation that can produce its own LETHAL weaponry(like Pakistan). Thats because we should not under-estimate the political scenario after seperation, there will be hatred and "oil money" can buy countries and can build armies (we dont have oil, or it hasnt been found in suitable quantities)

? ?THE REMEDY;-

? ? ? 1) ? ? ?In case of the nation goes three ways, lets say the south becomes our bitter enemy, we have to manouver, we must use benin republic (which likely would be pro "OPC" because they have cultural ties)

2) Use Cameroun either through "BIAFRA" or through cameroun, but cameroun wouldnt like that because of "BAKASSI" and dont forget, bakassi will come the EMIRATES WAY, Even if Cameroun does allow us access to sea-ports, we might be charged taxes and make trade hard.

3) Use Calabar, calabar is not igbo as such "if" it survives as a seperate nation (unlikely so) and isnt engulfed by biafra, we might be looking at a close ally, calabar has traditionally been pro-north, for that we will have to develop their port and it will be in our best intrest to have a navy to guard that port. So we must have Emirate's Army presence.

4) Something that we would be grateful if the government of Niger Republic agrees, What-ever happens, if the nation breaks, Emirates of Northern Nigeria must join Niger republic to become one. We must unite with Niger Rebulic, then we'll have access to the Libyan Border easy, If Niger Rep doesnt accept our proposal, we must build our own road through the Desert and guard it.

5) Gaddafi is a very unpredictable figure, 80% chances are he'll be helpfull, maybe he'll even want to join, in that case we have two scenarios,

5a) Probably the arab mentality might be in work, they might want to rule us or be think they are superior, which can form friction.

5b) We will have to invite trouble cos Gaddafi is highly anti-West and in case of unification, we will have to accept an image of a renigade state(according to west) in our early stages.

5c) if Gaddafi doesnt unite with us, we will face the same problem, no sea and going so far to libya for an ocean will make trade very difficult, cos
5ci) we make a long journey to libya through the treacherous desert of Sahara and then face taxes in Libya. In any case THE EMIRATES MUST MAKE A NAVY, to safe guard interests.

So as we can see, it is not going to be easy,
we will ahve to industrialise on a massive scale very rapidly to keep up with our hostile neighbours.

The example of Pakistan is very clear, this nation that has no and i mean no natural resource apart from GAS, and still this nation has become the strongest muslim nation on earth. they have nuclear bomb, and i am happy to break this news,

A muslim country has finally become part of the only 14 nations that make Sub-Marines, there's an old saying "there are only two things that make it to sea, one is a target and the other is a sub-marine,. Pakistan can now build, and sell sub-marines, :).

i'll be waiting for a reply.

a classic case of d arse doing d job of d head.

Hafsy_Lady

Quote This is the submission with which we started this thread. I don't know what is happening that it keeps going deleted. Maybe the webmaster should give us some assurance while he moves it to the beginning of the page. Though these things of technology nowadays come with lot of uncertaities but I pray we succeed in keeping it where it is supposed to be now.

WHAT IS HAPPENING IS THAT YOU RE NOT SEEING CLEARY. WAZIRI EVEN THE FIRST POST YOU PLACED IS THERE IT HAS NOT BEEN DELETED, EVEN THIS ONE HAS NOT BEEN DELETED SO CALM DOWN......NOTHING IS HAPPENING EXCEPT THAT YOU ARE SEEING DOUBLE ;D  :-/
What you see is what you get[/b]

Waziri

1/2sy,

Ma only playmate at K-online. So kinanan da ban dariyanki ko?

Now bari muyi gwari gwari tunda naga kamar kwakwalwar ta dan dode yau.

I posted some thing with the above title and by mistake it got deleted. The title is there but one cannot reach it. Did u try it?

Then the webmaster communicated to me bout it. Then I posted the above one. Then DanBanza and others responded to it. Then I came and saw the response of DanBanza at the top not the original post. Then I re-posted it and solicited with the President to please move it to the top where it is sopposed to be.

Ok 1/2sy i think we r clear now.

Now 1/2sy who is not seeing very clear between me and you?

Who needs some calming down?

Lol!!
ma only playmate at K-online.

al_hamza

Bashir....... was i wrong when i said i show respect for those that deserve it?

Anyways,  i wonder whats more important, being a muslim or being a nigerian, its a very very confusing line for many people, The place where we have called home, is the very place where we face delimas, Yorubas love to hate us, and we cannot forget that they are a large section of nigeria plus they are more advanced than us in commerce and industry,

What does that spell?
Probably the way things are going, North can forget of anything called power, in-fact now it seems the smell of power is many decades away, except something radical is done soon.

My generation has grown to university level, the generation before us, saw a few good days, and the generation b4 the previous one inherited a beautiful state,

My days have gone, by that i mean the time has gone where i would expect the state to do anything good for me, and presidency is still 20yrs ahead for my generation,
Who knows what would happen by then,
i am not a person that can predict future, but the way things are moving....... seems very much like a smooth excelent road leading to a ditch.

I want my children to call a state "home" which has a sound government and there are no diferences in tribes, there's nothing called race and they can look up to the authorities for help if their parents arent around.

I dont want my daughter/son to rebel cos i dont allow her/him to do sinneous acts.

a Seperate nigeria is a very very dificult task full of blood-shed, and i have said i would go very reluctantly for it in an earlier post,

in the end, i will just add,
" I prefer making decisions on reality basis, dreams are sweet but they lead nowhere"
ABILUNAH? SABILUNAH? AL-JIHAD! AL-JIHAD!

Bashir

QuoteBashir....... was i wrong when i said i show respect for those that deserve it?

am sorry about my comment. admin pls delete it.

quote author=al_hamza link=board=general;num=1071229581;start=0#12 date=12/17/03 at 15:42:38]
in the end, i will just add,
" I prefer making decisions on reality basis, dreams are sweet but they lead nowhere"
[/quote]

that post was wishful thinking alhamza. unite with libya? about d calabar n co uniting with us. do u think d average ibibio man has any affection for a bahaushe? i go there all d time.
for 20 years, d north held d following posts
-president, defense, foriegn affairs, police affairs, ig, cheifs of staff, power n steel, petroleum affairs, agriculture, solid minerals, internal affairs, customs n immigrations etc. what was done with dt opportunity? this alhamza is just a small taste of what marginalization feels like. imagine that we have been doing  this to our fellow "nigerians" since independence. it wd b good if nigeria splits for d simple reason dt its not working n unity for d sake of d whiteman's borders isnt worth it. d odds of it happening peacefully r a toss up but well, ppl hav to die. one way or d other.

Waziri

My days have gone, by that i mean the time has gone where i would expect the state to do anything good for me, and presidency is still 20yrs ahead for my generation,
Who knows what would happen by then,
i am not a person that can predict future, but the way things are moving....... seems very much like a smooth excelent road leading to a ditch.

Yes, this is the argument Al-Hamza. We harbour great concerns for Nigeria. Though our people have ruled it since time it is palpable that they have done if anything but little  for their own ppl not to speak of the country in general.

This is not because they had not wished to accomplish anything but because they were unable because of the system, arrangement and the borders.

Our story since independence is a story of ruin and decadence and we do not know how it will be in future. As Gavrilo Pricip would say while serving his prison term, shortly before his death in 1918 after his attempt to liberate his ppl from the bondage of Austrian mornach:

The time drags on slowly
And there is nothing new
Things are as the were yesterday
and so they will be tomorrow

At our level, in our small ways, we have worked indefatigablly for the unity and harmonisation of this country's worldview since when we were on campus practising politics at the age of 17,  to the extent that we suffered rejection severely from our own ppl.

If we are advocating for divorce now, i think we are doing it because we see no reason for our continued stay together.

Peaceful separation is possible. Czechlovakia achieved it. Now they are Czech and Slovakia independantly.

If anybody thinks the integrated nigeria should stay, we say to them,superior argument is our vehicle of reason. if they can not ride on it with us they do not expect us to agree with them.

And as i said earlier, cordiality is achievable among the separate entities as it is true in life that what sustains relationships is purely a child of interest. In the north here we have what it takes to negotiate with others at the level of interest.

Finally,  Al-Hamza, in the realm of public opinion, you have to learn to understand that what hurts you or pleases you should remain under your control and absolute possesion. It is only and only then you can survive the heady crowd of opposition.