News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

MAN UTD OFFICIAL NEWS>

Started by kariballa, October 05, 2003, 11:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kariballa

Newcastle United captain Alan Shearer blasted the decision to award Manchester United a decisive penalty during Sunday's Premiership clash at St James' Park.

The Red Devils were granted a spot kick just three minutes after Newcastle had equalised, when Shay Given clumsily bundled Paul Scholes over.

Ruud van Nistelrooy converted the penalty and Wayne Rooney completed a 3-1 win with his second of the game in injury time.

But Magpies hero Shearer, who had hauled his team back into the game, was fuming with both Mike Dean's penalty decision and the referee's failure to spot an incident in the build-up.

Rooney appeared to push Andy O'Brien in the back, causing the defender to stumble, prior to the scramble which resulted in Given's foul on Scholes.

Shearer was miffed that Dean did not spot the push and questioned whether the penalty itself would have been given had the situation been reversed at Old Trafford.

The Newcastle striker also claims Red Devils manager Sir Alex Ferguson's recent comments had an impact on Dean's decision.

"Maybe he felt under pressure because of Alex Ferguson's comments after the game with Manchester City when he said he was never going to get a penalty," bemoaned Shearer.

"We are disappointed in our dressing room and I am very angry about the penalty.

"I was 50 yards up the pitch and I could see a push on our defender Andy O'Brien before Scholes went down.

"The referee was only 10 yards away, yet he can't see it.

"I think Fergie's been given one here, rather generously. A decision like that changes the match.

"I'm not sure a ref would give that to us at Old Trafford. In fact, I know that because I had one disallowed last year when I was brought down by their keeper Tim Howard."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

Anonymous

kariballa I completely agree with yor argument.

kariballa

Sir Alex Ferguson believes in Edwin van der Sar he has finally found the goalkeeper he has been searching for since the departure of Peter Schmeichel.
Manchester United boss Ferguson has used a string of keepers with differing results since Danish legend Schmeichel left Old Trafford for Lisbon side Sporting in 1999.

The likes of Mark Bosnich, Fabien Barthez, Massimo Taibi and Tim Howard have failed to truly impress the demanding Scot, but he feels he has now landed the right man in Dutch star van der Sar.

Ferguson admits the capture comes six years too late, having missed out on his signature in 1999, but feels the giant Dutchman can help put United back on top of the Premiership tree.

"It was left too late and he signed for Juventus," Ferguson commented on when he contemplated landing the keeper from Ajax in 1999. "Now he is here and I think his arrival will improve our chances of success. He certainly won't do us any harm."

Ferguson feels the former Ajax keeper is the missing piece of his defensive jigsaw.

"We've pace and strength and huge experience in Gary Neville, Gabriel Heinze and Edwin and I think this is probably the best defence since Schmeichel's day in 1994," he added.

"With Edwin in goal there are great possibilities for us."

Ferguson claims van der Sar is a different character to Schmeichel, but feels his goalkeeping talents compare favourably with those of the Dane.

"He is laid-back by nature but he also has a presence," added Ferguson. "His personality and his experience show through.

"There is a calming influence, a reassurance, about him that is just what we require.

"He has made two or three good saves already and he has the ability to play 60-yard passes to team-mates - very important in the modern game.

"We are delighted with him."

Ferguson took his team to Hungary on Tuesday for the second leg of their UEFA Champions League qualifier with Debrecen, and he reportedly had a verbal spat with a couple of supporters at the airport.

It is believed the supporters vented their frustration at the Malcolm Glazer takeover, but were given short shrift by the Scot.
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has challenged Alan Smith to prove he can become Roy Keane's long-term successor.
The former Leeds striker is being handed the chance to reinvent himself as a midfield terrier with the sale of Phil Neville increasing the likelihood that Smith will become Keane's deputy.

As the England international prepares to line up in that role against Debrecen in Hungary, Ferguson has few doubts regarding the switch.

"We've got two players with small injuries to John O'Shea and Mikael Silvestre," Ferguson informed Sky Sports News. "So they're out anyway and Roy Keane is left behind, simply because it's a good opportunity to make that change.

"Alan will play in the centre. There won't be many changes but those three are out from Saturday.

"It's worth utilising his abilities in there. He's got great personality, great character and is a very committed player. He's quick and has got a lot of great assets to play that position and, obviously, I think he relishes that challenge.

"Someone has to eventually [replace Keane]. Manchester United have always been able to find someone to turn the corner and do a job. From a great player like Bryan Robson or Roy Keane or whatever. That happens and the history of our club is like that, it will happen eventually and Alan is going to get an opportunity to see what he does."

Ferguson is pleased with his side's form going into the UEFA Champions League match in Budapest, as United hold a 3-0 advantage from the first leg.

"We have to be sensible about it," he explained. "I feel we had to play well to win our last game and I think they're a very good team. Their form has been fantastic in the Hungarian league.

"It's a matter of not being complacent, make sure our game is high-tempo and they have to work hard to get anything they think they can get.

"It's been a good start and I think the spirit of the team is very good.

"I think Saturday was one of these games where [Aston] Villa provided a fantastic challenge to us.

"The way they shaped their team and never had one chance was very encouraging from my perspective of the team. Any game at United over the years, the opposition has always had a chance. On Saturday, no chances were given away and that's encouraging and the attacking play, especially, in the second half was excellent."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Cristiano Ronaldo has backed new signing Park Ji-sung to be a big success at Manchester United.

The South Korean has started the first two Premiership games of the season for United in place of Ronaldo, but the Portuguese star is not bitter.

Ronaldo says that although he is disappointed not to start a game, he understands the need for a strong squad for the season.

The 20-year-old believes former PSV Eindhoven man Park is a great addition to Sir Alex Ferguson's side and is backing him to be a success at Old Trafford.

"We already have some great midfielders," Ronaldo told United Review. "We have another now Park has arrived - I'm sure he's going to do very well.

"Of course, you all want to play every game, but the most important thing is that the team is winning.

"That's something every player here believes. And the competition for places can only be a good thing for the team.

"We have a very talented group of youngsters and I believe we can only improve as a group as every season goes by."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Gary Neville will be out for at least a month after tearing a groin muscle in Manchester United's win over Debrecen.

The full back was hurt after just 10 minutes of the game in Hungary and was taken from the field on a golf cart.

United manager Sir Alex Ferguson confirmed at half time that Neville would be absent for 'four to five weeks'.

The injury is not only a blow for the Red Devils boss but also for England coach Sven Goran Eriksson.

Neville will be missing for next month's World Cup qualifiers against Wales and Northern Ireland as he would have been an automatic choice for the right back berth.

"It was a typical groin injury you suffer on pitches like that," said Ferguson.

"It was a soft surface which is unusual for this time of year that contributed to the problem.

"Gary's experience is vital to us. He has been such an important player over the year for us.

"But I believe we have adequate cover."

Reflecting on the UEFA Champions League triumph over Debrecen, Ferguson was buoyed by the performance as United won 3-0 in Budapest.

The success gave the Premiership club a 6-0 aggregate triumph and Ferguson was delighted with the display, particularly the two goals scored by Gabriel Heinze.

"That was a surprise but you don't care where the goals come from," Ferguson told Channel Five.

"I'm quite happy that anyone scores a goal and Kieran Richardson also scored.

"I'm pleased with the performance. It was a difficult pitch and we kept good discipline, passed the ball well most of the time and to win 3-0 away from home is a very good scoreline.

"There was too much importance attached to the game to lose concentration and focus and that showed tonight."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

Barde

What do guys think happened to Man utd in their 0-1 lost to Arsenal? My own opinion is that Alex shouldn't have substituted Scholes and Rooney, rather he should've substituted Fletcher for Ole since he was looking for goals.
im

neozizo

That might have worked....or it might not have.
Sir Furgerson admitted after the match that arsenal played better-which is another way of sayin:'kai!wayo na ya kare.babu wata dabara da zanyi  ta ce-ce ni'.

lionger

What happened to Manu in the loss to Arsenal? If u ask me, it was the midfield  - they were outclassed there. Michael Carrick should have started that match. Defence wasn't its sharpest either. But in any case....  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bde-SB1zv6o

:D  :D  :D  :twisted:

kariballa

l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Ferguson: Happy with youngsters

Sir Alex Ferguson has highlighted the latest group of young players that he thinks will become the back-bone of Manchester United's future.

Despite spending huge money on bringing the likes of Carlos Tevez, Anderson, Nani and Owen Hargreaves to the club this summer - Ferguson is quick to point out his current haul of starlets will have a huge part to play this season, and beyond.

Ferguson has revealed that he expects the likes of Dong Fangzhuo, Fraizer Campbell, Darron Gibson, Chris Eagles, Gerard Pique, Jonny Evans and Danny Simpson all to make major strides in the near future.

Tipped for top

"I think we've got a terrific bunch with Dong, Campbell, Martin, Gibson, Eagles - who has come on unbelievably well - Pique, Evans, Simpson... they're all excellent," he told Inside United.

"The hardest thing will be to manage the situation, but we have plans that'll ensure they get enough football.

"We have to have players here who understand the dynamics of the operation of the club.

"When we're going for everything, some of them will have to be patient. They're going to get chances, and play games, and in those matches they can be important players.

"It's a challenge for me and the staff to make sure we're being fair and picking the right team.

"It's also a challenge for the players to show loyalty to us, and if they don't think that we're being fair, then they have every right to come and see me. The door is always open."

Patience

Ferguson insisted his young stars must be patient, but if they are, then they will get their rewards.

"Look at players like Phil Neville and Nicky Butt. For three or four years they weren't regular starters, but they loved the club, they were patient and prepared to accept that they wouldn't play every game, but they always got 20-odd games a season," he said.

"You can't do it forever, and you have to be fair to them, and let them move on when they want to.

"I mean, Nicky and Phil can sit back and think: 'I've got eight or nine medals from my time there', which is a fantastic achievement.

"Nicky played in the European Cup final, mainly because of the suspensions of Keane and Scholes. Phil played in the 1996 FA Cup final against Liverpool, Gary didn't make that one, he was on the subs' bench. Those are great rewards for being patient."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

06/05/2008 09:01, Report by Ben Hibbs

Nani says sorry for red cardNani has apologised for getting himself needlessly sent off against West Ham in the Reds' 4-1 victory at the weekend.

With United 3-1 up at Old Trafford at the time, the Portuguese winger got involved in a scuffle with Lucas Neill. The Australian defender certainly looked to have provoked Nani, but the United starlet was correctly dismissed for reacting by going head-to-head with the Hammers defender.

Sir Alex Ferguson described Nani's actions as "immature", especially considering that, at this stage of the season, United could have done without playing half a game with only ten men.

In the end it made no difference to the overall outcome of the game, but 21-year-old Nani has since recognised his misdemeanour and is clearly contrite.

"I recognise my action was a thoughtless one," he said. "But I also have to say I was provoked and attacked.

"I regret what I did and want to publicly ask for forgiveness."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Manucho is looking forward to the chance of training with Manchester United this summer.

The Angolan international joined United in January from Petro Atletico after impressing Sir Alex Ferguson during a trial spell.

The 25-year-old, who had an outstanding Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt where he scored four-goals, was loaned out to Greek giants Panathinaikos.

After a slow start to his time in Athens, Manucho has figured prominently over the last month - including a goal on his debut against Larisa.

Now Manucho is to report to United's Carrington training HQ in July with the rest of the first-team.

Dream

"This is great news because my dream is to play for Manchester United since I signed for them in January," said Manucho.

"I hope I can take my chance and prove that I can play in The Premier League.

"During my time in Greece, I feel that I've adapted well to European football and it's been a good test for me ahead of playing in England."

Ferguson's immediate plans for Manucho remain unclear and it is also not yet known whether he will qualify for a work-permit after failing to land one in January.
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Ryan Giggs has warned his Manchester United team-mates that Wigan will not roll over and hand them the title on Sunday.

United travel to their North West neighbours aware that victory over Steve Bruce's side would see them retain the title they prised from Chelsea last season.

The championship race could not be more evenly poised heading into the campaign's final weekend, with Chelsea level on points with their Manchester counterparts but trailing significantly in terms of goal difference.

While United are odds-on to get the required result, Wigan have shown this season in taking points off Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea that they are no longer the whipping boys of the 'big four', a fact not lost on Giggs.

"It's in our hands, which is all you can ask for," he told MUTV.

"It's going to be a tough game. Wigan have got some decent players. They showed that when they played Chelsea and got a draw.

"But no matter what happens with Chelsea, it's still in our hands and we've got to be professional and do our job."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

gogannaka

Surely after suffering comes enjoyment