News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

MAN UTD OFFICIAL NEWS>

Started by kariballa, October 05, 2003, 11:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kariballa

Manchester United look firm-favourites to sign Arjen Robben - after the PSV Eindhoven forward visited the English champions' Carrington training complex on Friday.
Robben took advantage of the winter break in Holland to fly to England and have talks with United, with a view to joining the Premiership club.

The player's father recently insisted that there had been no concrete offer from United, but it appears that Sir Alex Ferguson has stepped up the chase for the 19-year-old.

Ferguson has hinted that another striker is his main transfer priority, although Robben would not be available for UEFA Champions League games having played in the competition for his Dutch club.

PSV have already confirmed that a top European club are in for their young star, who was the Dutch Young Player of the Year last season.

Meanwhile, Red Devils starlet Cristiano Ronaldo has been allowed to fly back to Portugal for a holiday.

"We were always going to give him a holiday," said Ferguson.

"It was just a matter of deciding when."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

A brace by Paul Scholes booked Manchester United's place in the FA Cup fourth round - with the Red Devils picking up a 2-1 win against Aston Villa at Villa Park.
United boss Sir Alex Ferguson had left top scorer Ruud van Nistelrooy and influential skipper Roy Keane on the bench from the start - and when Gareth Barry capped a period of superiority with the opening goal it looked like the experiment had backfired.

However, the game turned soon after the duo were brought on in the second half, although it was the combination of Ryan Giggs and Scholes that brought the goals.

In a five minute spell Villa went from a comfortable lead to an uncomfortable inferiority.

It looked ominous from the moment that Keane picked out Giggs in the area on 64 minutes, allowing the Welshman to pick out a cut-back and allow Scholes to slide in the first.

With their next attack United took the lead, Giggs again finding space and curling in a lovely ball to the near post which an unmarked Scholes converted brilliantly - leaving Thomas Sorensen fuming with his defenders.

A fascinating first half saw Aston Villa deservedly establish a lead, although both sides came close to adding to the only goal before the break.

Villa had been denied twice by Tim Howard in the early stages. The American saving well from Angel after good work from Vassell, and then blocking a snap shot from the latter after the Villa pair linked up well again.

However, Gareth Barry then benefited from a kind deflection to give The Villans the lead - his right footed shot clipping Wes Brown and spinning past the scrambling Howard.

The Red Devils could have levelled soon after when John O'Shea's header was acrobatically tipped onto the bar by Sorensen, and the impressive Jlloyd Samuel managed to block the follow up from Mikael Silvestre.

Diego Forlan's mis-hit cross also brought a good save from Sorensen, but the half ended in bloodshed with Lee Hendrie suffering a facial injury after an accidental kick from Quinton Fortune.

After establishing a lead United took their foot off the accelerator  - and were almost punished when Peter Whittingham's stinging drive brought a diving stop from Howard.

A four minute spell of brilliance was all it took to turn around this match, and Villa boss David O'Leary will be disappointed that his men could not cope with the change of gears.
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson believes that his side can go on to win the FA Cup following a 2-1 victory over Aston Villa in the third round of the FA Cup.
Ferguson rested Ruud van Nistelrooy and Roy Keane for the first half, and the game turned shortly after the two were brought on - with Paul Scholes scoring a fine brace within four minutes.

"Aston Villa really made it a cup tie," said Ferguson. "They pressed every ball, and were very aggressive.

"Tim Howard kept us in the game with two terrific saves early on. The Villa goal was a bit fortunate with a deflection off Wes Brown.

"But, once we hit the bar from the corner kick, we got a bit better - nothing exciting, but at least we started to look a bit better.

"The crucial point was always when I was going to bring Ruud and Roy Keane on.

"We had to gauge Wednesday's game, which is a very important game for us, with an important cup tie on the Sunday," said Ferguson, looking ahead to the Premiership clash with Bolton at the Reebok Stadium.

"As we know, Roy isn't going to play in every game anyway, and Ruud has been up front playing almost every match.

"So, it was a good opportunity to use them in the right way. And, we had the safeguard of them on the bench as well

"We keep saying we get these difficult draws, but that's the cup for you. You need one or two breaks to win the cup, and the breaks we need are some home draws."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that the club are close to signing highly-rated PSV Eindhoven ace Arjen Robben.
The 19-year-old visited United's training ground on Friday as United try to tie up a deal with the player.

The Dutch Young Player of the Year has attracted the interest of a host of top clubs but United are favourites to land the striker.

Ferguson is keen to bolster his attack and has been linked with a number of strikers including Louis Saha, Mark Viduka and Jermain Defoe.

"We are interested in him," Ferguson told the Mail on Sunday

"Nothing's been finalised but we are hoping to do business with PSV."

Real Madrid have also been linked with Robben, but the player's father and agent Hans Robben has ruled out a move to Spain.

"Money is not a big issue for our family," said Robben. "We are down to earth people and Arjen will never ever have a flash lifestyle. We don't need agents and Arjen is a quiet, happy lad.

"Real Madrid also want him but he won't go to Real. What is the point?

"It is not the place for a young boy like my son. And he never liked Real anyway. When we were in Spain, he only liked Barcelona.

Robben, who is ineligible for the Champions League having featured for PSV this season, is likely to agree a deal with United for next summer which could see him loaned back to PSV.

Meanwhile, Ferguson had revealed he is close to signing his new deal at Old Trafford.

Ferguson has been locked in talks over an extension that would keep him at the club until 2007 for several weeks and he is now ready to put pen-to-paper.

"There are no problems whatsoever," said Ferguson. "The club are happy with the terms and so am I."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

By Gerrit van Leeuwen
Arjen Robben's father, Hans, who also acts as his agent has claimed that the PSV Eindhoven ace came away from his trip to Manchester United with a positive impression.
Reports have suggested that The Red Devils will swoop for the forward during January and the fire was fuelled when Robben travelled over to England for talks.

Old Trafford chief Sir Alex Ferguson admitted on Saturday that he was hoping to conclude a deal with PSV, and the signs are that he may well land his man.

However, despite being impressed with United, Hans Robben told the Dutch media that his son is more than likely to stay at the Philips Stadion until the summer.

"We have taken a look around and have spoken with manager Alex Ferguson," Hans Robben told Omroep Brabant. "We have a good feeling about it.

"We had permission to take a look at the club. On Friday and Saturday we did that. Manger Alex Ferguson showed us the stadium and the training accommodation. Furthermore we had dinner with him.

"Before we went to Manchester, we had two questions in mind. We would like to know the environment of the club and how many matches Robben could play.

Following talks with Ferguson this could be 40 matches. Both questions has been answered very positively.

"It will be PSV or Manchester United. We are thinking about that now.

"He will finish this season at PSV. If you start somewhere you must then finish it."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

Masoyi

Man U Sucks! :-X  :-X  

Arsenal Rocks  8)  ;D

Sai Arsenal wallahi!  :D  8)

Makiyin Man U No. 1, Nine nan.
oyayya ruwan zuma, in kasha......

kariballa

Masoyi,

ianjin akwai abinda yake damunka,ai arsenal da su muke gwada lalacewa,unbeaten so far but can not maitain there first position.lol
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

Masoyi

Saraki kenan!

Ni dan arsenal ne!

Kaunar Man U ne bana yi har abada!
oyayya ruwan zuma, in kasha......

kariballa

l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Javi Moreno is awaiting international clearance in order to make his Bolton Wanderers debut against Manchester United.
The Atletico Madrid striker has signed on loan for the remainder of the campaign, and will give added punch to Sam Allardyce's attack ahead of their most eagerly-awaited game of the season.

Allardyce was able to rest several stars in the FA Cup draw with Tranmere Rovers on Saturday, and is only missing Mario Jardel and Florent Laville from his squad.

Jardel is reported to be suffering from a hamstring injury, which would explain his absence from the Prenton Park clash, despite Besiktas claiming they have been offered his services over the past week or so.

The influential Jay-Jay Okocha is available after delaying his link-up with the Nigeria squad for the African Cup of Nations.

United will recall Roy Keane and Ruud van Nistelrooy to their starting line-up after the duo turned the cup tie at Aston Villa on Sunday when they entered the fray as second half substitutes.

Diego Forlan looks certain to be one of the men to make way after a below-par display at Villa Park, but Rio Ferdinand should be fit enough to return after recovering from a bug.

Wes Brown may be rested after making his first start since last season's final day win at Everton, but John O'Shea was substituted after cutting his head at the weekend, and Phil Neville also has a slight ankle knock.
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Internazionale have dismissed claims in the English media that the club have fielded interest from Manchester United over striker Christian Vieri.
The Sun newspaper had quoted Inter president Massimo Moratti as confirming official contact from United, but the Serie A giants have now denied these reports.

Inter press officer Paolo Vigano told an Italian television station that Moratti had not spoken to English media sources about Vieri.

"The president never gave an interview with that paper," Vigano explained to Telelombardia.

However, Moratti did confirm that there had been interest in the club's Italian international hit-man, but did not specify his suitors.

"Sure, there is interest from many clubs (in Vieri), but we have to consider our situation, our aims and we have to look forward," he added.

United have made little secret of the fact that they are in the market for a new striker, but Sir Alex Ferguson has hinted that he is looking for a player who would be available for the remainder of this term's UEFA Champions League competition.

Premiership rivals Chelsea were also reported to have enquired for Vieri at the start of the season, but ultimately opted for then team mate Hernan Crespo
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Fulham owner Mohamed Al Fayed has accused Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson of being 'desperate' and slammed the Premiership champions for pursuing his star striker Louis Saha.
The French forward has been the subject of sustained interest from Old Trafford, with many reports claiming a number of bids have been tabled by United since the January transfer window opened.

However, Al Fayed has echoed manager Chris Coleman's claims that there is no prospect of the former Newcastle United hit-man leaving this month.

"I am fed up with Sir Alex Ferguson trying to disrupt my club and constantly trying to unsettle my players," stormed Al Fayed.

"Ever since Fulham beat Manchester United at Old Trafford so convincingly, he has been showing signs of increasing desperation.

"Obviously, he needs a top quality striker urgently but he can't have mine.

"I have a clear message to Sir Alex and anyone else who is interested: 'Read my lips - Louis Saha is not for sale'."

The comments are sure to provoke ire at United, who are seeking to strengthen their attacking options and had considered Saha as an ideal target as he is eligible to play in the UEFA Champions League.
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

By Nadia Carminati
Roma defender Cristian Chivu insists he will happily resist the overtures of Premiership duo Chelsea and Manchester United to stay at Stadio Olimpico.
Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich claimed over the weekend that he is determined to bring the centre half to Stamford Bridge, no matter the cost.

The Russian tycoon also intimated Premiership champions United would rival The Blues for Chivu's services.

Italian league leaders Roma have rebuffed any interest in Chivu and are adamant they will not offload the Romanian international at any price.

Chivu is fully aware of the interest from The Premiership but admits his desire is to remain in the Eternal City.

"Between Chelsea and Manchester United, I choose Roma," Chivu told Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Here, I have everything that I need to win."

The stylish stopper only joined the Roman club from Ajax after a protracted transfer saga earlier this season.

The 23-year-old is relishing the greater competitive edge of playing in Serie A but is thankful to Ajax for providing him with the platform for success.

"I have discovered a really big Roma," he added. "It is the strongest team in which I've ever played.

"At Ajax, there were many young and talented players and probably the Dutch league is the best place to grow.

"But, at the end of the day, in Holland there isn't great competition whilst here in Italy, in addition to the fact there are no easy matches, you can face many teams who are part of European nobility."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

The Louis Saha saga has taken another twist after the striker reacted angrily to Fulham's decision to deny him a move to Manchester United.
Both Whites chairman Mohamed Al Fayed and manager Chris Coleman have revealed that they have no intention of letting Saha leave - despite United's interest.

Saha has always stated that he would not turn a move to Old Trafford down, and now he has gone further by slamming his current employers for shunning United.

"On Tuesday morning, my club confirmed they don't want to let me leave. I am really disgusted, almost downcast," he told L'Equipe.

The 25-year-old confirmed that United had lodged a second offer of ?8 million for him.

"A transfer to Manchester, it was a good deal for everyone. They proposed ?8 million! It was very good for Fulham," he opined.

"All the same I am not Ronaldo! And I had the opportunity to join one of the greatest clubs in the world. It was the chance of my life.

"Of course Manchester won't contact me again in six months, they will have signed another forward by then!

"I really can't understand the position of chairman Al Fayed. I thought I could leave for what I have done. I have given a lot to Fulham."

Saha will not be handing a transfer request to Fulham, but he has now gone as far as possible and will just be hoping that United come back with an improved offer.
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Mark Buckingham reports

Manchester United rode their luck to make it six Premiership wins in succession as the reigning champions clung on for a 2-1 victory at Bolton Wanderers.

First half goals from Paul Scholes and Ruud van Nistelrooy put United in control but a late own goal from Gary Neville set up a tense finish as The Trotters could not muster a deserved equaliser.

The hosts had to be alert in defence as early as the fourth minute after Scholes' challenge on Jay-Jay Okocha put the ball into the path of van Nistelrooy but the Dutchman was thwarted by a superb block from Simon Charlton.

Okocha then proved a menace at the opposite end as his devilish cross just evaded Kevin Nolan while Darren Fletcher drove a fierce shot across the face of goal for the visitors.

Bolton had to reshuffle their rearguard on 15 minutes when Ricardo Gardner was stretchered off after twisting awkwardly when trying to challenge Fletcher, with the Jamaican replaced by Emerson Thome.

The form of Tim Howard has been a key feature for United this season and the table-toppers were, ultimately, indebted to the American for being in front at the break.

Firstly, Howard dived at full length to palm away Per Frandsen's swerving shot and then Okocha's bullet drive from 25 yards was pushed over the bar by the United States international.

The Red Devils were rewarded for their patient play on 24 minutes with the opening goal which was started and finished by Scholes.

The midfielder fed Fletcher whose perceptive pass picked out Ryan Giggs on the far side of the box. His ball found van Nistelrooy, who was denied by Jussi Jaaskelainen, but Scholes was on hand to nudge home the rebound.

Bolton felt they should have been awarded a penalty by Dermot Gallagher after Kevin Davies tumbled to the ground after a slight push from Rio Ferdinand but the referee was impervious to the home side's pleas.

United poached their second of the night on 39 minutes, with Scholes the architect on this occasion. The England international released Giggs with a delightful pass who skipped past Jaaskelainen before playing the ball goalbound and van Nistelrooy added the finishing touch.

Howard again proved his worth before half time in keeping out Ivan Campo's truly struck effort and then reacting swiftly to nick the rebound off Kevin Nolan's toes.

But the pendulum swung back the other way as van Nistelrooy scampered clear only to fluff the opportunity to nab a third United goal through a combination of loose control and Jaaskelainen.

The interval failed to cease United's momentum with Scholes and van Nistelrooy combining intelligently to present Roy Keane with a sight of goal but the skipper's shot was saved by Jaaskelainen.

The Trotters refused to buckle and remained a constant threat, with Davies heading wide and Okocha's stinging free kick flying straight into the arms of Howard.

Giggs' free kick almost took Jaaskelainen by surprise while Bolton, after introducing Javi Moreno for his debut, nearly pulled one back when Davies' ball across the six-yard box just eluded Youri Djorkaeff's outstretched boot.

The fight never drained away from Bolton and, once again, Howard proved their nemesis as he produced the save of the evening to acrobatically turn away another thunderously driven Okocha effort.

Bolton's pressure eventually told when they deservedly reduced the arrears as Okocha's deep cross to the far post was headed into his own net by Gary Neville under duress from Djorkaeff but a merited second was not forthcoming as substitute Ibrahim Ba flashed a shot over the bar in the final action of the contest.
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.