News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

MAN UTD OFFICIAL NEWS>

Started by kariballa, October 05, 2003, 11:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kariballa

Sir Alex Ferguson hailed the contributions of Tim Howard and Rio Ferdinand as Manchester United stretched their lead at the top of the table courtesy of a 2-1 success at Bolton.
American goalkeeper Howard was in sensational form at The Reebok Stadium as he produced an array of stunning saves to thwart Bolton.

England international Ferdinand was also a towering figure at the heart of defence and has clearly thrived since the furore surrounding his failed drugs test.

United boss Ferguson was delighted with the duo's performances and admits his side had to weather a late storm from the hosts after Gary Neville's own goal.

"We expected that from them as their home form has been outstanding and they really make you work," said Ferguson.

"In the first half, we handled them perfectly and deserved to go in 2-0 up but they went for it in the second half.

"I thought Rio was absolutely magnificent and our goalkeeper just gets better and better.

"These games away from home, when the atmosphere's intense and it's a local derby, really bring them (overseas players) on.

"It's amazing. He (Ferdinand) was tiring a little bit towards the end but he was great.

"The team has given their all and shown great spirit and really battled to get the result."

With Arsenal being held at Everton and Chelsea losing to Liverpool, The Red Devils stretched their advantage at the summit to three points and Ferguson was satisfied to claim a firmer grip in the title race.

"It's been a good night's work for us," he added. "You can't dispute that, at this time of year, the games are more important.

"We have done our job and I'm delighted to hear the other results."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Louis Saha has revealed Arsenal attacker Sylvain Wiltord is helping him live with the disappointment of possibly losing out on a dream move to Manchester United.
The Fulham striker is pals with the former Bordeaux man, who had to sit tight before clinching his move to Highbury, and is keeping his fingers crossed he will get his wish over a big-money switch to Old Trafford.

Yet the great concern for the ex-Metz marksman is that Sir Alex Ferguson will sign another forward in the transfer window and the chance to join the Premiership champions will not be an option in the summer.

"I see myself already at Old Trafford," he affirmed.

"This stadium gives me luck. It is there that I began in The Premiership with Fulham.

"Alex Ferguson's team beat us but I scored a double.

"And then, this season, we succeeded in winning over there.

"In London I often go out in the company of Sylvain Wiltord, who has become a friend," he told L'Est Republicain.

"He advised me to hold on.

"He personally had been in this kind of position. Before signing for Arsenal, he had to undergo a trial of strength with Bordeaux.

"In my career, I have already had difficult periods. In Metz, I was not used by the coach Joel Muller. I didn't stop playing football. Since then, I have proved myself.

"I won't let it affect me, count on me!"
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

By Patrick Haond
Fulham's want-away striker Louis Saha has stated he is intent on joining Manchester United despite the club's reluctance to sell him.
The Red Devils are keen on the former Metz and Newcastle United hit-man, however, The Cottagers have rejected all advances from the Old Trafford side.

An improved offer of ?8 million was reportedly rejected by the London outfit for the French ace, but another bid of around ?10 million is shortly expected on the table.

"I won't do anything, at first, considering my team-mates that I love," said Saha to L'Equipe. "But I will do everything to leave.

"If I have to fight, I will. I know coach (Chris) Coleman didn't appreciated my words, he told me.

"Also, since Wednesday we're not speaking to each other anymore. Even Coleman will not refuse such an offer.

"Against Middlesbrough, I had one of my worst matches of my season. That is probably not by chance."

Saha's father and agent Vincent added to the marksman's comments by stating his failed move to Old Trafford is far from over.

The striker cost Fulham just ?2.1 million from Metz back in June 2000, and Saha senior believes the club owe him the chance to grab this rare opportunity of joining United.

"This affair is far from over," said Saha senior. "Louis is still determined not to miss out on a chance of a lifetime.

"I want to see Mohamed Al Fayed to have meetings in the next few days.

"Louis has always acted in a correct and honourable manner and expects more consideration in return.

"Louis did not cost Fulham a lot of money, they should know this business has a big effect on him.

"I have talked with Louis today and he is determined to join United. We will not yield."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Manchester United scooped two awards for December, with Sir Alex Ferguson and Paul Scholes winning Manager and Player of the Month respectively.
The gong double rounds off a happy festive month for The Red Devils, who recorded wins over Aston Villa, Manchester City, Tottenham, Everton and Middlesbrough to help them reclaim top spot in The Premiership.

The run was largely helped by the return from injury of England midfielder Scholes and this is the second time he has picked up the award.

Barclaycard sponsorship director Nic Gault said: "Manchester United have made a habit of ending seasons strongly and their current form suggests they have started early.

"After a disappointing defeat at the hands of Chelsea, Sir Alex Ferguson has taken his side on a five-match unbeaten run that has sent out a clear message to the other title contenders: 'We're not going to give up the title easily'.

"After an injury lay-off, Paul Scholes has quickly regained the type of form that has made him such an important player for United and England.

"Although it's only January, he must be an early contender for Player of the Year."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

Masoyi

oyayya ruwan zuma, in kasha......

kariballa

l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has criticised Fulham over the furore surrounding striker Louis Saha and insisted United will not be making another bid for the Frenchman.

Fulham manager Chris Coleman accused United of bullying tactics in their bid to land the Frenchman and insisted that the player will not be leaving during the January transfer window.

As a result Saha criticised Coleman in the French press, claiming that he was "appalled" by the manager's refusal to sell him and insisting that he wanted to move to Old Trafford.

For his part, Ferguson claims Fulham made the problem worse by going public with the news of United's offer. "We sent them a letter marked private and confidential and they gave it to the Press," he said.

"I spoke to Chris Coleman about the boy at the start of the season and left it there. I never said another word.

"Then we sent them a letter, containing our bid, signed by (chief executive) David Gill, not by Alex Ferguson.

"We did everything right. By sending a letter we did it professionally. There won't be another bid. We don't want any fights. Fulham seem determined to keep the boy so there is nothing we can do about that."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Manchester United have protested their innocence over the transfer of American goalkeeper Tim Howard as The Football Association probe the deal.
The FA are looking over the documentation from the deal, along with a number of other transfers, as they try to uncover any corruption within the game.

United have insisted that they have done nothing wrong during the signing of Howard from New York/New Jersey MetroStars.

"All our transfer deals are approved by the board of the Manchester United plc and are conducted in accordance with the Fifa and FA rules," said a club statement.

"Details of all payments involved in those deals are sent to the football authorities as required under the regulations."

The apparent payment to agents for their part in transfers seems to be the major talking point in the FA's investigations.

Sir Alex Ferguson has previously been warned by the club about using his son Jason's agency for transfer dealings - but Ferguson Jr has insisted he had no part in the Howard deal.

"We were not involved in the transfer of Tim Howard," insisted Jason Ferguson.
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Mark Buckingham reports

Newcastle United ground out a deserved 0-0 draw at Manchester United as referee Paul Durkin provided the main talking points at Old Trafford.

Durkin likely incurred the wrath of both sides when denying Newcastle a first half penalty and disallowing a second half goal for the home team.

Newcastle started confidently and bore no signs of a side that had leaked goals for fun against The Red Devils during the past couple of seasons.

A feature of the first half was Laurent Robert's unshakable optimism to shoot from distance with a brace of ambitious efforts failing to trouble Tim Howard and a free kick curling off target.

The hosts lacked sparkle and were second best to The Magpies for much of the opening period as their usual slick passing was off-key.

The controversial moment of the first half arrived on 26 minutes when Alan Shearer closed down United keeper Howard after a poor back-pass from Gary Neville.

Shearer beat the American to the ball and tumbled under a mistimed challenge from Howard but referee Durkin was impervious to the Magpies captain's justifiably vociferous appeals.

The former England international then provided Kieron Dyer with a glimpse of goal but Howard pushed away the shot struck under pressure from Rio Ferdinand.

It was only in the closing five minutes of the first half that The Red Devils created space in the visiting rearguard, with their only serious chance arriving in injury time.

Kleberson's delicate cross picked out Ryan Giggs but, having escaped the shackles of the Newcastle defence, the Welsh winger failed to test Shay Given as he meekly headed the ball straight at the keeper.

Giggs departed the fray at the interval after succumbing to a back muscle problem and he was replaced by Diego Forlan as the champions resumed with greater urgency than they had displayed in the opening 45 minutes.

After weathering home pressure, Newcastle came agonisingly close to breaking the deadlock when Jermaine Jenas' header from Robert's corner thudded against the crossbar.

Midway through the second half, The Red Devils had cause to curse Durkin when Kleberson's corner was turned past Given by Mikael Silvestre but the French defender was harshly adjudged to have manhandled Andy O'Brien in his efforts to reach the ball.

Paul Scholes, who had been largely subdued, was gradually finding more gaps and he burnt Given's fingers with a scorching drive which the Newcastle keeper gathered at the second attempt while he comfortably clasped Forlan's curling shot.

The Uruguayan turned provider to send Kleberson scampering towards the penalty area but the Brazilian's chip over Given drifted harmlessly over the bar as fatigue started to set in to the Magpies back-line but they had enough in the tank to secure a merited point.
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Liam Miller is understood to be set to sign a pre-contract to join Manchester United in the summer.
The Celtic youngster has impressed in the UEFA Champions League for the Glasgow club but his deal at Parkhead is due to expire in the summer.

Although Martin O'Neill was keen to tie the promising midfielder down to fresh terms, he realised he faced the prospect of losing the Irish talent in 2004.

Miller is from the same part of Ireland as United skipper Roy Keane, and the Cork-born starlet is being tipped to put pen-to-paper with his next club by the weekend.

Talks had been ongoing between O'Neill, Miller and his agent but the 22-year-old looks poised to choose a glamorous move to Old Trafford.

Meanwhile, United should make it a double capture by also announcing the final details of their move for Dong Fangzhuo.

The Dalian Shide striker has long been expected to complete his transfer to the Premiership champions but the conclusion to the deal is on the horizon.

"Dong's contract will be signed in one or two days," stated Dalian's general manager Lin Lefeng.
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Louis Saha's agent insists that Manchester United are set to make a renewed bid for the Fulham star.
Branko Stoic, who works with Richard Bettoni, has revealed that he understands a new bid will be made soon.

"Negotiations are very hard. A new bid is coming in, superior to the previous one," Stoic said.

"Sir Alex Ferguson did not give up on Louis Saha. I believe the transfer will go ahead during this week."

Stoic also attacked Chris Coleman for condemning Saha over the United saga.

"He is a manager for the first time and doesn't know what he is speaking about," he said.

"It is just a question of price - will Saha stay for six months or leave in the next couple of days? Fulham asked for ?12million and that is too high.

"I brought him to London for ?2 million. Fulham can make a profit of ?8 million.

"United is an opportunity you do not want to miss. Louis is playing the best football of his career and Coleman knows it."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Manchester United captain Roy Keane believes that wantaway midfielder Nicky Butt will only leave Old Trafford for the right move and he believes that the England international is one of the best players in the country.
A number of Premiership clubs including Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Birmingham Tottenham and Blackburn have been linked with the England international after he had a transfer request accepted earlier this week.

Keane understood Butt's decision to leave and he has described him as one of the best midfielders in England.

"I still regard Nicky as one of the best midfielders in England," Keane told MUTV.

"Apart from being a very good player, he is also excellent in the dressing room, which is so important.

"I am sure there will be plenty of clubs interested in him and hopefully he will get the right move.

"However, unless the right club comes in for him, I don't think he will leave.

"I understand where he is coming from. Nicky is 28 now and he needs to be playing, especially with the European Championships coming up.

"I don't think this is a knee-jerk reaction, he has probably been thinking about it for a while because he has not played many games this season.

"He has been a great servant to Manchester United and if he doesn't get the move he is looking for, I'm sure he will be happy to keeping plugging away here."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Fulham striker Louis Saha has delivered an ultimatum to the Londoners over his on-off move to Manchester United.
As reports continue to indicate that Chelsea have joined the hunt for the Frenchman, the 25-year-old's mind seems set on a dream switch to Old Trafford.

Having denied making comments to The Mail on Wednesday, which had claimed he was only a medical away from sealing the transfer, Saha has spoken to the press in his homeland.

"Fulham aren't playing it straight," he told Le Parisien.

"As soon as I meet anyone from the club, the conversations stop. One day it's 'yes', the next it's 'no'.

"They're treating me like a product.

"I don't want to end up like Ronaldinho, who didn't go to Manchester United over money.

"It's a financial problem. The club says they prefer to sell me in six months but now I've had enough.

"Either I go at the end of the month or at the end of my contract in 2006. If Fulham like me that much, they'll have to look after me until the end.

"And, in the end, I'll leave for nothing."

Saha seems to be suggesting it is now or never for Fulham if they want to pick up a sizeable sum for his talents. Some reports claim the capital club want as much as ?18 million for the ex-Metz attacker.

"At the bottom of it all, I believe in myself," he added.

"Bluffing looks pretty but you can't do it too much.

"I know Manchester United don't want to upset Fulham but my directors are also businessmen.

"When a large sum of money is put on the table, you have to know when to stop playing around or your find yourself with nothing but a frustrated and angry player."
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

Fulham have denied Chelsea have entered the race to sign their striker Louis Saha.

It was reported yesterday that Chelsea were set to make an offer for the 25-year-old Frenchman, but the Cottagers today (Thursday) confirmed there has been no contact from Stamford Bridge.

"There has been no contact from Chelsea for Saha, it is not true," said a Fulham spokeswoman.

It had also been mooted that Fulham chairman Mohamed Al Fayed was demanding ?18m for the former Metz forward.

"It is also nonsense to suggest Fulham have put a price tag of ?18m on Saha. None of these reports are true," added the Fulham spokeswoman.

As yet, there has been no new offer for Saha, Fulham officials confirming on Wedensday: "There has been no fresh bid, so no bid has been accepted and the player does not have permission to hold talks."

Saha's record is impressive for the West London club since signing for ?2.1m in June 2000. In 100 league starts for Fulham, Saha has scored 53 goals.

Report by Ben Hibbs.
l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.

kariballa

l'mar'u ma'a man ahabba.