News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

African nations cup (Nigerian Squad)

Started by Anonymous, January 23, 2004, 09:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

NIGERIA  

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama (Enyimba), Greg Etafia (Moroka Swallows, South Africa), Austin Ejide (Etoile Sahel, Tunisia)  

Defenders: Joseph Enakarhire (Standard Liege, Belgium), George Abbey (Macclesfield, England), Joseph Yobo (Everton, England), Isaac Okoronkwo (Wolverhampton Wanderers, England), Ifeanyi Udeze (PAOK Salonika, Greece), Romanus Orjinta (Enyimba), Celestine Babayaro (Chelsea, England)  

Midfielders: Austin Okocha (Bolton Wanderers, England), Ikpe Ekong (Reggiana, Italy), Seyi Olofinjana (Brann Bergen, Norway), Garba Lawal (unattached), Nwankwo Kanu (Arsenal, England)  

Forwards: John Utaka (RC Lens, France), Julius Aghahowa (Shakhtar Donetsk, Ukraine), Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Portsmouth, England), Victor Agali (Schalke 04, Germany), Pius Ikedia (Groningen, Netherlands), Ifeanyi Ekwueme (Wisla Plock, Poland), Osaze Odemwingie (La Louviere, Belgium)  

Anonymous

Muhsin

How about this years African Cup of Nation? Lets start a fresh discussion about it mana.

Oya, oya start...
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Somin tabi.

An lallasa najeriya da ci daya da nema.
Dan wasan chelsean wato solomon kalou da ya ja ball sai da ya yanke mutum hudu a bayan najeriya kafin ya dankara ball din a raga inda golan najeriya ya yi gefe daya ball ta yi gefe daya.

A group din dai wanda ake kira group of death, mali ta yi nasara akan benin da ci daya mai ban haushi.
Frederick kanoute ne ya saka ball din a raga a bugun daga kai sai mai tsaron gidanka.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

bakangizo

Cameroun lost by 4-2 to Egypt last night. I only watched the second half, and I must say Kamaru did not deserve to lose by that margin. They have a good team, and play aggresively and cohesively. The usual Kamaru style! I'm not ruling them out yet.

As for Nigeria, I'm not really surprised we lost. That squad isn't worth much.

amira

Ashsha,
Yesterday sudan had many chances but they lost to zambia, but that game was played ruff
by the zambians people were flying about.

Oliseh i have seen that guy in ages until yesterday when he was commenting on the game play.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

gogannaka

This is sudan's first Nation cup in 36 years.
Their goalkeeper was good i heard.

Zambia is not a team to rule out too.

BKG ni dai i was disappointed with kamaru. Ni fa su na bawa cup din amman after yesterdays match ina ga zan canza sheka.
They kept playing long balls which couldn't just yield.The eyptians took advantage of the wide spacing and scored easily.Coach din kuma didn't make any effort to change the style of play....shi ma ga alama wani Onigbinde ne.....ko tashi baya yi ya yiwa yan wasan magana.

Nigeria dai dama ina supporting din ta ne don Gida ce amman team din does not look good.

bakangizo

Quote from: amira on January 23, 2008, 03:09:48 PM
Ashsha,
Yesterday sudan had many chances but they lost to zambia, but that game was played ruff
by the zambians people were flying about.

Oliseh i have seen that guy in ages until yesterday when he was commenting on the game play.

So you watch football? Very interesting. I like it. I haven't watched the Zambia match. So Oliseh was the commentator?

Quote from: gogannaka on January 23, 2008, 03:16:20 PM
BKG ni dai i was disappointed with kamaru. Ni fa su na bawa cup din amman after yesterdays match ina ga zan canza sheka.
They kept playing long balls which couldn't just yield.The eyptians took advantage of the wide spacing and scored easily.Coach din kuma didn't make any effort to change the style of play....shi ma ga alama wani Onigbinde ne.....ko tashi baya yi ya yiwa yan wasan magana.

Don't blame cameruon for the long balls. If you recall, Egypt did not actually put them under pressure. They just scored some fantastic goals from long-range efforts. I'm actuallu suprised some of those shots went in, especially the fourth goal, bcos Kameni is a very good 'keeper. After that Egypt closed shop and resort to counter-attacks. So Kamaru had no option but use long balls, after their efforts to breakdown the Egyp defense failed.

amira

not exactly the commentator but those that make a comment at the end of the game.
Rite am out going to watch the guinea n morrocco game laterzzzzzzzzzzzz

HUSNAA

wai yaushe najeria za su dena disappointing din mutane ne????  >:( >:(
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

amira

Duk lamarin naija sai dai ka sa wa sarautar Allah ido Hajaj >:(

gogannaka

Kada ku fidda rai tukun ai wasa daya kawai aka buga.

Ina sa ran zamu kai semi finals amman dai wasannin ba lallai su yi dadi ba.

bakangizo

Hajia, as long as subjectivity is being used in team and crew selection, Nigeria would continue to disappoint. What most Nigerians fail to realise s that name alone does not play football. We're still living in our '90s glory.

Amira, how do you see the Guinea match? Not bad, huh? It was a very vital win for the, though at the end their captain was so so stupid to get himself sent-off. We will see how they're gonna cope without him in their final group match, cos he's the heart of team.

amira

yea that game was good, Jama'a are you watchin nigeria's game??
cos am hia
watching it and i can see abin takaici, why did they remove martins and
odemwinge thoses are the players well and yobo, but mikel i dont see
him taking shots, what wrong with them their playing like they have 7-0
when actually they dont have anything Chineke >:(

The times that naija played good was when okocha, kanu, oliseh, amokachi,
west, babayaro and the rest of them old guys were around that was when GREEN was going for GOLD!!

OMG false alarm i thot they scored..............Man!!

gogannaka

An sake jin kunya dai inda najeriya ta tashi kunnen doki lokacin da ta kara da kasar Mali.

I think the problem with the Nigerian team lies with our supporters club o!
They keep playing one monotonous marshal music in an effort to cheer the team p. I say that is nonsense.
A maimakon su dinga ehhhhh uuuuuu ehhhhh uuuuuuu sai su dinga wata busa sai kace gidan mutuwa.
Su kuma yan kwallon sun saba su ja kwallo ana musu ihu,shi yake basu zeal and courage amman an saka musu wata busar babu gaira babu dalili ba dole su dinga sme sme ba  >:( >:( >:(