News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

African nations cup (Nigerian Squad)

Started by Anonymous, January 23, 2004, 09:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amira

Well naija just needs ivory coast to do well against mali and they also need to batter benin then maybe they'll get somewhere.
*Each day is definately defining me and finding me*

bakangizo

Quote from: gogannaka on January 26, 2008, 03:53:21 PM
An sake jin kunya dai inda najeriya ta tashi kunnen doki lokacin da ta kara da kasar Mali.

I think the problem with the Nigerian team lies with our supporters club o!
They keep playing one monotonous marshal music in an effort to cheer the team p. I say that is nonsense.
A maimakon su dinga ehhhhh uuuuuu ehhhhh uuuuuuu sai su dinga wata busa sai kace gidan mutuwa.
Su kuma yan kwallon sun saba su ja kwallo ana musu ihu,shi yake basu zeal and courage amman an saka musu wata busar babu gaira babu dalili ba dole su dinga sme sme ba  >:( >:( >:(

LOL  ;D ;D That's too easy an excuse for naija's poor performance. But know what? Wallahi ni ma I've been complaining about those supporters club. Tun da na san su shekara da shekaru irin busa daya suke yi. Too monotonuos for my liking.

ps - See how Cameroun came back strongly and drubbed Zambia. I like those guys.

Quote from: amira on January 26, 2008, 10:22:11 PM
Well naija just needs ivory coast to do well against mali and they also need to batter benin then maybe they'll get somewhere.

Yeah. Maaaaybe ;D But I doubt it. I think Mali would get the point they need against Cote d Voire to qualify. I can see Cote d Voire resting key players, seeing as they've already qualified, while Mali would give it thier all. Lets face it, Nigeria does not deserve to qualify. It is a poor team, playing poorly. This I expected even before the tournament kicks off.

Ibro2g

Who has time to grief for naija, abeg make them clear way jare. Honestly I cant be bothered anymore, Go get urselves some midfielders, wait another term. Go Manucho, Go Manucho, Go red devil Manucho. See pesin wey dey score any any how. tsk tsk tsk.
I think Tunisia are doing well, Egypt, Angola and morroco too maybe. I look forward to seeing them get somewhere. Tunisia and Egypt, now thats something. Go Manucho, Go Manucho, Go red devil Manucho
Safety and Peace

HUSNAA

I agree with u ibro. I dont know why we waste our breath over these nigerian footballers of ours.. no iota of patriotism in their blood and they dont know just how much they are hurting their own image first, before nigerias.
Ghafurallahi lana wa lakum

Muhsin

Hajiya Husnaa and BKG,

Ai Nigerian Super Eagles are like virus in our blood stream. Though I wholly agree with you Husnaa that most of them lack patriotism yet we or I, in particular, find it very hard to stop supporting them, wallahi. But this time around I promise that if they fail to come out of zone...inshaAllah.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

gogannaka

Muhsin don't let someone force you from doing what your mind wants.

In my own case,i always say it out that i don't support Nigeria but yet when they are playing i expect a lot from them.
Lemme tell you,whenever Nigeria is playing i shiver ko ba sanyi ake ba saboda tension.
I cannot supress my love for my motherland....simple.
If they win i rejoice,if they fail i mourn and start supporting another team.
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

amira

Quote from: gogannaka on January 28, 2008, 01:22:24 PM

Am with you.

gogannaka

Finally Nigeria has qualified for the quarter finals of the nations cup.
They thrashed Benin 2-0 while cote d'ivorie thrashed Mali 3-0.
Nigeria's goals came from Mikel Obi and Yakubu Aiyegbeni (Yakubu's goal was supplied by Mikel)

Had Nigeria been ousted at the first stage CAF would have lost a lot of money in terms of TV broadcast revenue,so also will the sponsors,MTN.

Now Nigeria will face Ghana in the toughest match predicted in the Nations cup.
The statistics favour Nigeria over Ghana. Nigeria almost always beats Ghana in tournaments and draw with them in friendlies and qualifying matches.
Amma here is where the matsala is:Ghana is playing at home sannan kuma the crowd tirnout will not be very high with Ghana out of the tourney.....so CAF has a problem.

Muhsin

Quote from: gogannaka on January 28, 2008, 01:22:24 PM

Am with you also.

Quote from: gogannaka on January 30, 2008, 10:05:16 AM
Amma here is where the matsala is:Ghana is playing at home sannan kuma the crowd tirnout will not be very high with Ghana out of the tourney.....so CAF has a problem.

You sound as there is likely a problem, Gogannaka. Are you afraid or they (Ghana) would be favoured and win over Eagles? Am not precisely afriad of that because I know Nigeria has all that can stand to avoid such happening.

And lastly, I wish us more lucks and winnings in the next games. Allah ya bamu sa'a, amin.
Get to know [and remember] Allah in prosperity & He will know  [and remember] you in adversity.

Ibro2g

Patriotism aside, Do u guys honestly think we can beat Ghana now? Muhsin what is it that Nigeria has that is "what it takes". Professionally, Ghana has better defence and midfield than we do at the moment. The likes of essien and Muntari cannot be compared to olofinjana. We only have better strikers, and we all know they cant do much alone.

I do hope we beat them but we must not write off Ghana like this is a walk through, our history with them counts for nothing at the moment, afterall they went to the world cup which we couldn't qualify, now thy've won all three matches and we needed a favour from a rival to qualify. Ghana are no pushovers and we can only hope and pray not talk in thier face. Hope and Pray

And Gogannaka you are right, home turf, fans, CAF, Money....there is too much at stake. I wont be suprised if they are favoured against us.

May safety and peace be with u
Safety and Peace

amira

Go supa eagles!!!
we'll have to wait and see Ibro, but i can understand where you coming from ghana does have gud defence.
I must say nsofor, odemwingie were playing good (guys of the match) so was that, uche he played better than the other match.

bakangizo

So the Supper Eagles had managed to qualify through the back door. ;D Or rather Cote d Voire "qualified" them!  Amma dai Mali sakarkaru ne. Sun bani kunya. Personally I don't give a hoot about the Eagles. I hope Ghana send them out. Last time I cared about them was 1992. A lokacin ne nake karkarwar sanyi in Najeriya na wasa kamar goga ;D Yanzu ba ruwa na. However I do support the age-group national teams  - U-17, U-21, U-23 - sosai sosai.

gogannaka

Quote from: Bakan~Gizo on January 30, 2008, 06:00:10 PM
A lokacin ne nake karkarwar sanyi in Najeriya na wasa kamar goga ;D

LOL BKG.....ashe kai ma ka taba.

Kasan fa Nigeria perform better after a bad start...i'll keep my fingers crossed...they might beat Ghana hands down.

Ibro2g

Safety and Peace

gogannaka