News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

IS IT THE END OF KANU IN ARSENAL?

Started by kofa, August 27, 2003, 01:50:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kofa

hello Kanu's fans. pls is it the end of Kanu in Arsenal? is it  that Arsene wenger is not in good term with kanu? is Arsene wenger wants to kill Kanu's carrer? is Kanu now not performing well as he use to play before? Pls these are some questions that they need to be answered or known or asked. pls if there is anybody who knows the stance of Kanu now in Arsenal he or she can help us in this open forum to know.
n GOD i trust

Anonymous

Well I Kano has no place in the current Arsenal team with Bergkamp and Wiltord and luinberg all first choices. Wenger is trying to hold on to him because Bergkamp will soon retire and he may get his chance then but its a disgrace for a player as good as Kanu to stay in the bench at Arsenal. Its better to play first choice at a lower club than to warm the bench every match. Has he played in this season yet?

Although Arsenal cannot win the league even with him he deserves his chance elsewhere not inthe bench. I think.

dfynest

Well it is no mystery, there has been an obvious fall in Kanu's form. He has gone from being a world class striker to a bench warmer... this makes me sad. However, it cannot be attributed to Wenger having problems with him even though it was reported he was willing to let him go
This much can be said, Wenger is in the coaching business to win games for his club. Football is all about winning and not about advancing someones' carrier. You will agree with me that the prolific striking style Kanu once had has dwindled. His pace was once akin to that of Thierry Henry himself and the goals he used to score gave credence to that. He went from being someone who could pull a hat trick to one who can barely squeeze in a goal in three matches. In the last two seasons of the EPL, he has only managed to score a measely eight goals. We can launch into a debate about whether he would have scored more goals had he been given more playing time on the pitch but personally i think it's not how much time you get but what you do with the time. He does however create scoring chances for his team mates and his passing accuracy is rated at a whopping 85%.
Arsenal has just signed on another two new strikers, making it even more difficult for Kanu to get the playing time he got last season. Of the last three league games played, I do not think he was even on the substitutes list.
All that said, I hope things get better for him either with Arsenal or with another club.

It is up to Kanu to do what is best for Kanu.

Anonymous

Which two strikers has Arsenal bought? I know they sold one Jeffers .

lionger

Jeffers was loaned to Everton, not sold. As for Kanu, dfynest is spot on. Zero stamina, injuries and a complete lack of pace in a team and league where speed football is the norm has damaged his Arsenal career. Anyone who saw his hatrick against Chelsea about four years ago would wonder what has become of him.