News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

beckham sale:Good move or Big mistake

Started by Teddy_Shorts-Nigga, June 24, 2003, 12:19:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teddy_Shorts-Nigga

This is to all man utd fans what are ur opinions on the sale of beckham to R.madrid will tell u mine after i see urs

Venom

Sorry but i am not a Man U fan I am a Gunner. Anyhow I really think its 2 early to say anything about the move. The guy need to score as many free kicks as possible in his 1st few games so that he can get on the 1st team. 2 be honest i think its a good move 4 me cause he became 2 big 4 England his is a superstar, and in Madrid he can live like 1.
IKED BY FEW, HATED BY MANY, RESPECTED BY ALL

Sas

Salam alaikum

Venom you never said something in the sports section that made me fill a little bit ok like this cos it showed respect for my man Beckham but remenber EPL is the best league in the world. Its Pace and organisation has surpassed all the other leagues, with all respect to them.

One team that will benefit from Beckham's move for sure is England national team. His move means he will have more rest in the La liga( cos its such a slow league with too much rest times). Ericsson will be the big gainer and the rest of Europe will surely look at England in Portugal next year. Don't be surprised though if Beckham becomes the king of Bernebau after next season cos he has the potential and playing with the likes of Zidane and Figo the sky is the limit.

By the way who watched the ManU Celtic game. The new DB (David Bellion) will really be a hit at united as he is only twenty and made his mark with a goal. Ruud jut showed why he is Ruud with "Man of the Match" performance and the whole team were ecxellent even without Silvestre, Bertez, and others. ManU 4-0 Celtic is just too disappointing.

Gunners, prepare yourselves even though I think that the race for the championship next season will be between us and Chealsea oe even liverpool.

Go United.
ny good thing I said is from Allah and any bad thing I said is from me...So I ask for Allah's forgiveness for my errors both conscious and unconscious ones...Ameen!!!

lionger

Sanusi I don't think the EPL is the best league in Europe. Consistent watching of the UEFA Champion's League proves this. When was the last time you saw English teams dominate the Champions League like Spain and recently Italy have been doing? For quite a long time, either a Spanish or Italian team has been in the final, the only exception beign 1999 when Manu won it. Manu is the only English team that has performed consistently well, compared to Spanish teams Madrid, Barca and Valencia, and Italian sides Milan and Juventus. The reason: defense.

Naturally ppl prefer to watch the EPL cuz its is the most entertaining, with its fast and pacy football and thus good marketability. However, one should note that EPL teams are not very defensively sophisticated. Most of the time they pour forward frantically, with little thought for defensive cover, unlike the Spanish and Italian teams, which play a more cautious, 'boring' football. One end result is that La Liga and Serie A are much more competitive. Unlike the EPL which for a long time has been a two-horse race b/w ManU and Arsenal, in Spain and Italy the title is often exchanged b/w the four top teams. Real Madrid, for all its firepower, has never been able to dominate La Liga the way Manu has dominated the EPL. They only barely won the title this year, last yr it was Valencia, and b4 that, Barca. In fact, if Manu were in la liga they'd be lucky to qualify for the Champion's League consistently. In terms of competitiveness, The sPanish league is the best in the world.

Thus at the Champions League, the Spanish and Italian teams regularly steal the show. In fact ManU has been able to do well at this stage only because they always switch to the defensive 4-5-1. Other teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and Newcastle are not well equipped defensively, not used to such watertight defensive opposition, and due to their speedy nature, not patient enough to wait for an opening. So eventually they fall by the wayside.

Sas

lionger I didn't get what you were saying. I talked about country leagues and you talked about champions leage. Not performing in the champions league doesn't mean that you home league is not good.
First take a look at the german bundes liga. in the last few years three different teams had been to the finals and munich won it and so as borussia durtmund. bayer levercusen went to the final. In short, at least 3 teams had performed very well in the champions league recently. Now according to your analysis, is bundesliga good? ofcourse not so when talking about home leagues, don't compare performance in the champions league.
The most boring football in the world apart from mexican (lol) is the Italian league. just look at the way they spoiled the tradition and quality of "champions league final" so boring that I couldn't stand watching and so as many ppl around the world. it was like a typical serie A match and the pace and quality was so bad. You know what I mean.
As for the spanish premier league. There are good teams in the like of real madrid and valencia and hopefully now barcelona. deportivo are also good. those are the only teams that can compete. others (celta, sociedad and co) are new and not in the class yet. Apart from the top teams I can't imagine watching the matches. THEY ARE JUST NOT AS GOOD AS THE EPL.
in the EPL even a match between the last two teams can provide you with pleasure and quality.

I am not forcing you to believe but I know that I watch a lot of football and read a lot of articles by experts who also say the same thing. Whatever  it is a fact is a fact and EPL is a better league despite the domination of ManU/Manu/ManU/Arsenal. Beleive it or not.

PEACE
ny good thing I said is from Allah and any bad thing I said is from me...So I ask for Allah's forgiveness for my errors both conscious and unconscious ones...Ameen!!!

dfynest

I am with Sanusi on this one. ?Two thumbs up for the English Premier League, I'd take entertaining football over defensive football anyday. I think I fell asleep during the champions league final.

But we digress. Is Beckhams' move to Real a good move or a big mistake? It can be both, depending on who the focus is on.

It is a good move for Real... make no bones about it, it is a business move as far as they are concerned. Real need Beckham simply to penetrate the Asian market. Football today is all about money.... big football teams are multi national companies in their own right. They follow the money.

For Beckham himself I see no major difference. Na free kick he sabi take and I still see him doing the same thing in his new home. I guess that betrays my bias.. I am not a fan of his. Failure to get into the rythm of the game in la liga might prove to be his undoing. He better deliver.

Man Utd can afford to go without Beckham. Still with a formidable arsenal, they will win more matches than they'll lose... as usual. Alex Ferguson will be the fall guy if the team does not excel next season.
All in all, those with nothing to lose as far as the move is concerned?... none other than Real Madrid.