News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

The Emir

Started by Anonymous, January 14, 2003, 06:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

From 1968 to 1970 I was a young volunteer with the Canadian University Services Overseas, stationed in Ikere-Ekite.  During one of my travels, I was bold (and ignorant) enough to think I could walk into the palace of the Emir and extend a greeting.  Amazingly, I was welcommed in and eventually did meet and greet the Emir. He was extremely gracious, thanked me for stopping and mentioned he had travelled to Toronto Canada.  To my surprise he was very knowledgeable about Toronto.

Is it possible to e-mail an office of the Emir and ask him when he travelled to Canada and if he remembers greeting me? :)

Ummulhuda

Hi Margot
I thought to write something seeing that no one's replied your request.
Firstly, I have no idea if you can  do that. But I expect you could. No harm in trying. I am not sure what sort of response you will receive though. But I can tell you this; the people of Kano are very accomodating and very friendly. Thus there is a  very good likelihood of your receiving a warm welcome.
I can link you up with one or two people. For the sake of my privacy, I will use the Instant Message post

Blaqueen

wow.... nice gist!!!!
its aight.... we're known to be humble and modest and with northern hospitality ;)...(i dont sound modest right now, do i? lol)

but f'real... i like our culture...

i went to an awesome lecture in BUK... and the lecturer was sayin that back in the days.. when a stranger comes in town... he is offered hot food, a place to stay, and treated like he's part of the town/family... he was basically everybody's responsibility...

and he also said that.. at the car garage or bus stop, u could go up to anyone... ask where the person is headed... and give the person money, food, letter, or any kind of message to deliver to where ever the person was goin... and the message/good would be delivered....!!!!

but now.. with all the materialistic ideas, greed, and decline of moral values.... i dunno if i things will ever be the same  :-/

sometimes i wish i grew up back in tha days... just to have that peace of mind... :)
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Anonymous

I shall take your message to the emir's palace inshaAllah and get back the response to you.
ibrahim ado

Blaqueen

oh oh oh tell him i say wasssssap!!!!!!! thank you! ;D
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

gogannaka

Quoteoh oh oh tell him i say wasssssap!!!!!!! thank you! ;D

Iyye!!!!!! LAllai baki da kunya hmn........
Surely after suffering comes enjoyment

Shiekh

Quote from: "gogannaka"
Quoteoh oh oh tell him i say wasssssap!!!!!!! thank you! ;D

Iyye!!!!!! LAllai baki da kunya hmn........
Kai G-naka gaya masu "FADA GIDAN BAN KASHI"!

dan kauye

Quote from: "Anonymous"I shall take your message to the emir's palace inshaAllah and get back the response to you.
ibrahim ado

lol...are u magatakarda ko dogari or sumthing??? lol.....we're waiting 4 emir's response eniways!
Dan-Kauye's Artist Of The Week;Robin Thicke

Shiekh

a lalle zaka sha zama :idea:  :lol:

Sani Danbaffa

Quote from: dan kauye on June 19, 2004, 08:50:25 PM
Quote from: AnonymousI shall take your message to the emir's palace inshaAllah and get back the response to you.
ibrahim ado

lol...are u magatakarda ko dogari or sumthing??? lol.....we're waiting 4 emir's response eniways!

Haba Jama'a respect our institutions mana!
Seek knowledge to be usefull to the society, help and spread happiness.