News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

TASHE

Started by Anonymous, November 06, 2002, 09:22:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Salam
Yan uwa musulimu da abokan arziki, barka da fara azimi na shekar alif dari hudu da ashirin da uku.
I just wanted to post a topic on tashe.
1- Where does it come from> is it islamic of cultural?
2- Is it as relevant as it used to be?
3- Is it still being practised?

I know, not long past, CTV (Now STV... for goodness sakes lets repel this name. What's in a name Shakespear once wrote) used to have a recorded performance of tashe with, that prominent family ???Mai Kilago????.... I cant remember the name, but the point is, tashe used to be such an important past time to gain airtime on TV. Also, tashed used to be  a great time when kids earn a bit of chamama (cash) for the visit to gidan zoo or gidan makama and parents brighten up after a gloomy day.
Any way, Tashe used to be an entertainment much anticipated by many( I, especially) as it also reminds them of years past.
So I now close by saying, what is/was the most mirthful tashe song you ever heard? And I dont want everyone saying Machukule, as many others exist.
Bissalam
A sha ruwa lafiya.

sdanyaro

Malam Amin,

Check out the following TASHE Classics at Dandali's Tashe page. It sure will bring back good old memories. By the way, Tashe is still going on in many parts of Kano. It usually starts after the 10th day of Watan Azumi;

1) Zan buga, kar ka buga
2) Ka yi rawa kai malam ka yi rawa
3) 'Danduk'ununu
4) Macukule
5) Jatau mai magani

Anonymous

Wetin bi that one... could u break it down... 4 easy grasp ::)

Blaqueen

da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

fatee

tashe :D,
wani was ne da akeyi a ramadan  a goma na wuya ( goma na tsakiya). masu tashen suna bi gida da suna was ana basu ko kudi ko abinci , it's a kind of home entertainment , don  a  ba mutane dariya .

Anonymous

Thnx Fatee 4 shadin bright lights 2 Amins topic. So The tashe is it a must? coz I dont think am fit 4 entertainment,Then again u r my name sake  ;)

Muhammad

Ahhhh, Mallam Salisu thanks for pointing out those websites. Duk dayake cewa nariga nasan wadannan websites din, Ina son mu dan tattauna game da tashe ne saboda, people are starting to post topics that have little or no relevance with regards to why this forum was created.
Any way, Ummita and FDQ, Tashe wani wasannin gargajiya ne wanda ake fara idan azumi na goma ya zo. "Ie goma ta wuya" Kamar yadda malam salisu ya rubuta, anayin wakoki kamar, Jatau mai magani, Machukule and dan dukununu to amuse people who in turn "pay" the "clowns" for their show.
I personally would publish a collection of tashe in my College Newspaper so as to give them a flavour of what its like to be a Muslim in kasar hausa durin tashe.
As always, thanks for browsing thru this post.
CIAO

PS : In case you have not noticed, I am the newest member of Kano Online.  Hurrah!

sdanyaro

Malam Amin,

First of all, let me officially welcome you to this your Forum as a new member of our Kano Online Forum even though you have been here with us as a Guest right from the beginning.

When and if you publish the collection of Tashe in your College Newspaper, we would like to also have a copy of that publication so that we can share it with our visitors. We may also like to have it published on our Cultural web site - http://www.dandali.com

Tashe is but one of many cultural and traditional events that take place during and around "Watan Azumi". Along that line, do you know of or remember "Nalako" and the activities and events that surround him? Also these events go back in history into hundreds of years or more. Its just a low down dirty shame that our people nowadays have started to forget and or get disinterested in our cultural and traditional activities let alone pass it to the next generation, but the irony is that people from other cultures i.e. Asia, Europe, America etc. are the ones that are studying, researching and publishing works on our great Hausa/Fulani cultural traditions.

I also share with you, your concern that some people are starting to post topics that have little or no relevance with regards to why this forum was created. I am open to any suggestion from you or any other concern person regarding this.

Rose

KAN KARE DA DADI
 MACHIKULE
KAN JAKI DADI
MACHIKULE
HAR WAJEN IDON NAN
MACHIKULE
HA-HA-HA-HA DADI ;D
MACHIKULE
To sai mema? hummmm!!!!!! ???
  HELLLLLLLLLPPPPP!
     (LOL).
aNo Ta DaBo ChiGaRii, GaRi Ba KaNo Ba DaJin ALLaH.

Anonymous

Ice, on a more serious tone, do u eat those animals and watz macukule?? Amin & Salis am beginin 2 get a clear view of the Tashi, so its all about entertainement ryt??

fatee

lol! I don"t ice eats  those animals < waka ne kawai na tashe< sanna tashe ba dole bane ganin dama ne kawai da kuma al|ada

Anonymous

Blaqueen

QuoteKAN KARE DA DADI
?MACHIKULE
KAN JAKI DADI
MACHIKULE
HAR WAJEN IDON NAN
MACHIKULE
HA-HA-HA-HA DADI ;D
MACHIKULE
To sai mema? hummmm!!!!!! ???
? HELLLLLLLLLPPPPP!
? ? ?(LOL).

LoL!!!! Ice u is fuh-neeeeee!!!!!! hahahaha.... its juss today i'm actually understandin whut ya'll are sayin.. hausa writing is juss like... "chakalaka mutaka laka taka raka kilili" to meeh..

kan zaki da dadi...
kan biri da dadi ...
machikule"

amma that hausa lang is one funny soudin' lang ...
da Hunniez Gettin Money Playin Niggaz Like Dummy

Ihsan

LOL Fyne...

Man!!! I remember the old times *sigh*...me and my cousins used to do tashe in our house; we go round the house all dressed up and having fun...those were the days ;D hehe

remember na lako? one guy that appears on TV during Ramadan doing tashe on TV...hmm I wonder if they still do that :-/
greetings from Ihsaneey

Rose

LOL :D guys
yeah Ihsan me too remember how me and my sisters used to Dress-up do Tashe and get alot of sweeties and money---Oh
How Lovely! :)
Our fevourite is ASHA-RUWA, Do U Remember how it goest?

A SHAH RUWA RUWA ASHAH RUWA LAFIYA
?ASHAH RUWA
MASU GIDAN-NAN BARCI KUKE KO SALLAH
ASHAH RUWA
IN-BARCIN-NE KUTASHI DUMIN ALLAH
ASHAH RUWA
IN SALLARCE IN KUN IDAR KWA-BAMU
ASHAH RUWA
and it goes on and on till you get something.
Ohh! i wanna be 8again :'(
aNo Ta DaBo ChiGaRii, GaRi Ba KaNo Ba DaJin ALLaH.