News:

Ramadan Mubarak!

I pray that we get the full blessings of Ramadan and may Allah (SWT) grant us more blessings in the year to come.
Amin Summa Amin.

Ramadan Kareem,

Main Menu

Our history is our power

Started by Orangefly, March 25, 2004, 08:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orangefly

I wonder how well we know our history and its connection with nowadays...

Several centuries ago Kanuri people founded a great impire Borno, renamen then in Kanem.

What we know about these people today

Muhammad

salam
Orangefly, as you must have heard before, History is written by the Victors. Even though one could argue that the Fulani Jihadists did not dismantle the Kanuri dynasties, the overwhelming dominace of Fulanis in Northern Nigeria has meant only their views will be discussed.
I am not saying the Kanuris arent entitled to a beffiting memorial in the form of historical literature but they are not the 'it', the 'it' to be known and remembered.
Perhaps one day it will happen but one never knows.
I'll suggest doing it yourself through research or inquiring more on the matter in UniMaid.
Good luck on your quest>
Allah ya bada sa'a amin.

figorms

As they say bueaty is in da hands of da beholder, so is history,man is all about histoy,a man with out historical background is like a man that does not in da world at all.......
take a close look cos that which u seek is at ur door step.
[glow/]
at u see is wat u get........................RMS

figorms

[glow=maroon, 2,300]
As they say bueaty is in da hands of da beholder, so is history,man is all about histoy,a man with out historical background is like a man that does not in da world at all.......
take a close look cos that which u seek is at ur door step.
[glow/]
at u see is wat u get........................RMS